Sponsored

Why doesn't the Mustang have keypad code entry?

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Don’t need an outdated ugly keypad on my Mustang.
Sponsored

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I use mine daily on my F150, really miss it on the Mustang. If i'm running into a store I just lock the doors with the truck running so it stays nice and warm/cold

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Y'all need to educate yourselves. 2019 keypads..
95-Best-Review-Ford-Fusion-Keyless-Entry-Factory-Code-for-New-Review.jpg
IMG_20190501_175043_LI.jpg

I think that would work out going here pretty well, and be pretty inconspicuous honestly - I wouldn't personally request it or something but I think it could work here and not be unattractive. Kinda No big deal in my book. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just still maintain it's a more utilitarian/family vehicle feature rather than something needed on a sports car. But, why not have it as an option for those that want it - there's like the perfect place for it I think. I guess if it won't work through glass that could be an issue though.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Given there is no center door pillar on a Mustang, where would you like them to put the keypad?
Ford sold them for Mustangs up thru 2014 MY (and other models). IIRC they were wireless so you could stick them on anywhere.

Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have a 2018 F-150 that has a keypad on it. The only time I really use it is to lock the doors, especially handy when I am carrying stuff and already put my keys in my pocket. I also find it useful if I am out in the garage working and need to get something out of my truck, no need to go inside to get my keys. As far as a keypad on a Mustang, same as my F-150, while it would be useful, it is not really needed.

Doug

Last edited:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Obviously it could be done - So why not? OP should be able to discern that from the reaction on this forum. It costs money and customers don't particularly want it (outside of a few corner case users). I'm sure somebody out there goes kayaking in their Mustang, but not many. So, does Ford spend money developing an option that most people wouldn't be willing to pay for?

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
I have a F150 and my wife has a Edge and we've had Explorers in the past. Looking at trading in my F150 for a Mustang but shocked that they don't have keypad access. Anyone know why this isn't even offered?
With that would also come more shiney plastic that ends up scratched no matter what.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
The biggest advantage is being able to lock your keys in the car, with the newer Mustang its not gonna happen.

Sponsored

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
I never pay attention to it since I never want any of the stuff but wasn't it available as an aftermarket accessory?

Personally i wouldn't want it because I would be concerned about someone seeing me use the code and then getting into the car later. Also I only have about a 50% success rate on touching the handle in the right place for the automatic entry thing so I wonder about it not registering my touch or when it is dirty causing scratches

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Now folks be wantin' ta lock the keys in the car. Not sure what ta make ah that.
My wife did that for years, I finally got her to stop. with the rise of chipped keys and other factory theft deterrents most amateur thiefs just carjack you or if they find an idiot who left there keys in the car they just break the window to get it. The amatuers don't have the specialized tools to bypass the electronic deterrents that modern cars have, so the only way they are getting the car is get the keys, hence the rise in carjackings.

XCRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I had a 2003 BMW 530i that had a pin that you could set on the radio where the car could be turned on with the key but not started until the pin was entered.

Not a perfect solution as it does not prevent anyone from getting inside but does keep any potential thiefs from driving off. I do not usually keep things inside my car so there would not really be anything to have stolen so this worked for me when going to play in the lake.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
All the vehicles you mentioned have one thing in common that your mustang does not share with them.
They are North American cars only.
My guess would be that now that The Mustang is a global car, and the rest of the world isn’t interested in our little conveniences like entry keypads, integrated garage door openers and actual Air conditioned seats, and the fact that we as mustang owners and enthusiast never requested it, Ford didn’t bother to design it into the Mustang.
Garage door opener, tell me more?
Can I get mine to do this too?

XCRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Garage door opener, tell me more?
Can I get mine to do this too?
Look up Homelink. They use this on a lot of newer and some older cars, at least in the US. I think on the S550 it is 3 buttons on the sun visor. A lot of cars have buttons on the mirror or I have had some BMWs with the button panel next to the sunroof control. I think there are ways to retrofit Homelink to cars that never had it as an option with a universal modual.
Sponsored