Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,

This might be a dumb question, but it appears the liner has cut outs for the vents, but are the vents actually functional? If not, has anyone removed this liner and cut the vents open? Im thinking this could help on the track if it doesnt actually vent.
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I'm in the process of doing this. I just bought some stock vents, and have ripped the honeycomb out. I will be cutting the hood to make the holes bigger, and removing the liner and plastic bottom of the vent for track use only. It will let a lot of water through so I plan to only switch it over when I need it.

Get a 10mm socket and ratchet and take the hood vent out so you can see exactly what is going on. Yes they are functional, but extremely limited. That bottom plastic part of the vent under the hood diverts/stops water coming through, so there is very little airflow actually happening

OP
OP

Taylor1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
That makes a lot of sense. It looks like it was meant to be functional, but I couldn’t actually see light coming through, which made me think it wasnt. Id be curious to see how much of an improvement it makes.

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Do you guys think the trackspec louvers would help my car not veer at wot pulls on the highway?
I have a paxton on my car. When i installed my kit about 1 yr ago I noticed that under wot, the front of my car would slightly veer from its path. Most to the right but on occasion it would go left. Since it ONLY ever happens during wot I figured it was something that wasnt installed torqued correctly and i also never clocked my bushings. Actually learned about that here about 9 months ago lol. Im going to get that done in about a week when i swap my progressives out for linears and swapping to the Ford Perf track shocks in the rear. Might get the fastener kit while i'm at it.

I needed a new bumper and decided to go with the gt350 replica. I then got a real good deal on the actual oem front splitter ( I know it says shelby but i have no idea how to get rid of it, I would if i could). I figured i needed a splitter and read that its better to get the oem ford gt350 rear spoiler. All this was done in hopes of straightening out the car at those speeds. It definitely feels like its an air flow issue. I'm thinking, opening up the hood with these vents would add to it. To force it down, per say? To be honest, it has gotten much better after the splitter and spoiler, but I want it perfect. I really enjoy driving this car with mods. Did any of you guys feel this difference post supercharging? Any difference post louvers or even the apr splitter?

Sponsored

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Do you guys think the trackspec louvers would help my car not veer at wot pulls on the highway?
I have a paxton on my car. When i installed my kit about 1 yr ago I noticed that under wot, the front of my car would slightly veer from its path. Most to the right but on occasion it would go left. Since it ONLY ever happens during wot I figured it was something that wasnt installed torqued correctly and i also never clocked my bushings. Actually learned about that here about 9 months ago lol. Im going to get that done in about a week when i swap my progressives out for linears and swapping to the Ford Perf track shocks in the rear. Might get the fastener kit while i'm at it.

I needed a new bumper and decided to go with the gt350 replica. I then got a real good deal on the actual oem front splitter ( I know it says shelby but i have no idea how to get rid of it, I would if i could). I figured i needed a splitter and read that its better to get the oem ford gt350 rear spoiler. All this was done in hopes of straightening out the car at those speeds. It definitely feels like its an air flow issue. I'm thinking, opening up the hood with these vents would add to it. To force it down, per say? To be honest, it has gotten much better after the splitter and spoiler, but I want it perfect. I really enjoy driving this car with mods. Did any of you guys feel this difference post supercharching? the power and then the louvers or even the apr splitter?

The car is razor sharp at lower speeds, normal driving stuff. I figured this was expected bc of the bump in power. I installed all of my suspension upgrades myself with the exception of the sway bars.
Pretty sure I have seen others that had the same issue after throwing a super charger on. I believe the issue is bushing in the rear control arms flexing under the increased load and creating a toe input. Changing out bushing to delrin or solid spherical is supposed to solve the problem.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
What the above post says. Change the LCA and knuckle to bearings. I wish I did that much longer ago than I did.

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Thanks for the input guys. I actually did swap to the steeda spherical control arm bushings both front and back along with lateral and tension links. Im hoping that clocking the bushings (specifically for my whiteline sway bars) will do the trick. I have the knuckle to toe link from ford pp. I remember i bought these sr performance toe links supercheap during black friday. I checked a week later and saw bmr came out with theirs and they looked soo much beefier and legit. You guys think maybe swapping out the toe links for a solid pair might help?

lil'Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane Landis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 1993 Ford Lightning 2018 Jeep Unlimited Sahara 2004 Ford F150
I want to open up my factory hood vents as well. I wish the trackspec vents had more thought put into them for the 18 and fit the contours of the hood better. I'm not a fan on how they just sit behind the factory side vents and look like an after thought.

lil'Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane Landis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 1993 Ford Lightning 2018 Jeep Unlimited Sahara 2004 Ford F150
Another question I have on this topic that the OP brought up is the under hood insulation. For those of you who have removed it, do you notice any issues with the pain on the hood?

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Body panel temps can easily clear 160F on a hot day. I don't track my car but I haven't had any issues with the insulator removed. If anything I think it's there for sound deadening.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
... it appears the [hood] liner has cut-outs for the vents, but are the vents actually functional?
I am not sure about the 2015-2017 Mustang, but the 2018+ vents are functional. However, I have never seen any figures from Ford quantifying the effectiveness of the vents. If they were there just for 'grins & giggles', I highly doubt the hood liner would have the cut-outs that you mentioned. The reason for the difficulty in seeing light thru the vent is due to a convoluted pathway that does not allow water to flow into the engine compartment. Look at it as being a highly evolved version of the air intake box at the base of the windshield that had 'traps' in it to prevent water from getting into the passenger compartment.
Sponsored