Honey Badger's Completely Off-the-Rails Race Car Build and Track Adventure Thread

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
This build is amazing.

You can by all means tell me to go away. But starting with the same car... Ruby red metallic and all... what suspension mods made the biggest difference?

My bad. I missed this!

biggest change specific to suspension was putting solid bushings in the rear end. IT gives you tons more communication of what's going on back there and makes it more confidence inspiring and predictable. Next, I'd say tires. Cup2s or other sticky rubber will have the biggest impact on lap time, but I don't recommend them first. Too easy to develop bad habits.

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Go run down some Mclarens
Priority this weekend are the GT3s and ZL1 1LEs. I think I'll dead even with the 1LEs down the straights now. It's going to be fun :devil::devil::devil:

Our rescues
9136CE47-835C-4C56-BED6-D822D2F6076D.jpeg
Cute pups! I see yours at least combine for the same space on the bed. Thing thing about shepherds....they don't like to touch while sleeping (get too hot). If our dogs are on the bed, you have no chance of getting any sleep. Hehe

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Priority this weekend are the GT3s and ZL1 1LEs. I think I'll dead even with the 1LEs down the straights now. It's going to be fun :devil::devil::devil:

Cute pups! I see yours at least combine for the same space on the bed. Thing thing about shepherds....they don't like to touch while sleeping (get too hot). If our dogs are on the bed, you have no chance of getting any sleep. Hehe
my friend with the SS 1LE says he still has to side with the ZLE due to the tq advantage.....we shall see.

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
my friend with the SS 1LE says he still has to side with the ZLE due to the tq advantage.....we shall see.
Not sure. Here's a ZL1 1LE at COTA last summer. He doesn't pull on me that bad. I'm up for 80 hp in the meaty part of the power band. Will depend on corner exit me thinks.

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Not sure. Here's a ZL1 1LE at COTA last summer. He doesn't pull on me that bad. I'm up for 80 hp in the meaty part of the power band. Will depend on corner exit me thinks.
with all the new tweaks i think it will be much closer than that video. i dont think he realizes how much more power down low you have.

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
with all the new tweaks i think it will be much closer than that video. i dont think he realizes how much more power down low you have.
It's hard to describe to people. Still doesn't feel anything like an LT motor down low...it's way more progressive than that. But you know how the Voodoo felt the first time you rev'd it all the way out? How you didn't get slammed back, but it just kept pulling and you couldn't believe it?

It's just like that....but on top of what the Voodoo felt like the first time you did. First time I got really got on it at MSH-R, I just started giggling. It's perfection.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a few laps of time on track with a ZL1LE and they really don't pull like you would expect.

Under 100 mph they don't appear to pull away at all, over 100 they start to look like they have a 100hp advantage. I can't tell you why though.

I'd post my video too but it's such garbage you get physically sick just watching it. Heavy phone + garbage mount + track mode = Michael J Fox camera man.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I've got a few laps of time on track with a ZL1LE and they really don't pull like you would expect.

Under 100 mph they don't appear to pull away at all, over 100 they start to look like they have a 100hp advantage. I can't tell you why though.

I'd post my video too but it's such garbage you get physically sick just watching it. Heavy phone + garbage mount + track mode = Michael J Fox camera man.
Agree that they don't pull much on the 350 although mag. acceleration times would suggest otherwise. I remember the first time running against a ZL1 1LE on track and thinking I'll need to watch the mirrors because he's going to be pulling up on me but it didn't materialize. It is faster down the straight but is more of a slow walk.

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
2 sessions down, (3) seconds cut off the lap time and no misfire codes yet. Damn the beast sounds good

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The "Like" button isn't enough here. Tried to click on the "**** YEAH" button but couldn't find it.