Awesome experience with Furrows Ford Oswestry

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Just wanted to say how well I was treated at Furrows. The boot alignment was ever so slightly off. I met Phil the body shop manager who took the car in and corrected it in ten minutes flat. He said it would take longer to do the paper work for a claim. It's also booked in to strip the brakes down to assess the ever so slight vibration on braking. They will then submit the findings to Ford to see if they will fix under warranty.
If they don't I will take the opportunity to update the discs and pads. Any suggestions ?
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Always good to hear of good service from Ford :like:
Fwiw, even if Ford refused to sort out the brakes under warranty - if they suggest they'd been fried on a track day or such like - then the dealer should pick up the tab. You've only had the car three weeks and they shouldn't have sold it with a braking problem.

I replaced with EBC turbo discs and red stuff pads. Sufficient for my use and less than ÂŁ400 at the time.

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
I bought the car privately. However, it's got full ford history and was last serviced in March. Are the and disks and pads better than standard ?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I bought the car privately. However, it's got full ford history and was last serviced in March. Are the and disks and pads better than standard ?
Ah, ignore me then :)
Can't say i've noticed much difference between stock and EDC performance wise but they look a lot better. Have noticed considerably less brake dust on the wheels from the pads though. If you can get Ford to replace the stock disks then great, but at the price I would never pay for them.
Sponsored