2020 Mustang Order Guide Attached

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I had a 2016 manual and when I test drove a 2018 manual I didn't like the new gearing at all. In spite of more power, the car just didn't feel as strong in the lower gears. That was one of the reasons that I went with the 10A.
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Need for Green and OF didn't last long, Hopefully the new red is cool.
Also: Interesting that power levels are still "TBD"

Last edited:

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Pardon my ignorance, but I’m from Australia and unfamiliar with model years.
On the other thread - cannot find - I was told there is no 2020 refresh.
So what do these order dates refer to?
A slight change in specs/options/colours but essentially no real difference to current refreshed MY 18/19?

Also, when is next facelift due?

I’m in no hurry - huge fan of current retro style. We only waited 52 years for Ford to bring Factory Right hand drive to Australia.
Thankyou

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
But didn't it actually change in 18?
Yes, 2018 was the first year for the MT82-D4. But, the order guide for 2019 and 2020 has repeated the same new gearing language that appeared in the 2018 order guide for the changes. That's why I don't think anything has changed with the MT82-D4 since.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Pardon my ignorance, but I’m from Australia and unfamiliar with model years.
On the other thread - cannot find - I was told there is no 2020 refresh.
So what do these order dates refer to?
A slight change in specs/options/colours but essentially no real difference to current refreshed MY 18/19?

Also, when is next facelift due?

I’m in no hurry - huge fan of current retro style. We only waited 52 years for Ford to bring Factory Right hand drive to Australia.
Thankyou

These order dates refer to when our friends in the US (I'm from the UK) can order their new car. The new model years are traditionally available on lots in the 3rd quarter of the year (so a '20MY car is available in late 2019 calendar year), but the ordering process kicks off around now if you want to "special order" a car to your spec, rather than just choosing a car from a dealer's lot.

The new model year will often bring new colors and, occasionally, new options (usually tech based....like an upgraded stereo option for the '19MY). Looks-wise, there will be no change for the '20MY, we're effectively just getting the new colours.

The rumoured refresh might appear for the '21MY (to coincide with the launch of the hybrid Mustang).....but there's no guarantee on that. Hopefully we'll see more spyshots in the coming months, as that might bring a few clues.

For the rest of the world, we're usually around 6 months behind in getting the new cars......certainly for RHD markets it depends on when Flat Rock schedule the various RHD build slots.

Hope this helps :)

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
That's definitely a weird change as the tilting is also the up/down for the 2019 and prior MYs, isn't it? Plus, I'd imagine it's easier for them to just copy/paste the same seat-track and controls on both sides...?
Face it, the bean counters are just damn cheap!

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
More conflicting info regarding the new Twister Orange color. This guide states that it's a "Metallic Tri-Coat".

I've seen a few pics of the GT500 where it looks more flat, and others that saw it in person said it was flat. :inspect:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh, I knew the Ecoboost HPP was going to require at least 101A!

Also, count me in for hating MT82-D4 gearing. Who TF thought it was a good idea to make the ratios taller and switch to double-overdrive with an engine that likes high RPM?

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Need for Green and OF didn't last long, Hopefully the new red is cool.
In that case I guess I have a one of one on the Need For Green Without the stripe! Steeda Q850 NEED FOR GREEN. Gotta love that.
DSC00012.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hopefully they up the horsepower by another 20 over the 18-19 model year. That would be pretty sweet

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
More conflicting info regarding the new Twister Orange color. This guide states that it's a "Metallic Tri-Coat".

I've seen a few pics of the GT500 where it looks more flat, and others that saw it in person said it was flat. :inspect:
It looked absolutely flat to me, even in full sunlight. It could very well be a tricoat though (white/orange/clear), like Triple Yellow was.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Do tell...
LMR.com has the PP2 replica wheels, as mentioned much lighter and much more cost effective. Got a set in black a couple months ago.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Face it, the bean counters are just damn cheap!
My 2019 had the lighted gear selection panel on the shifter base removed as well.

I'm glad I got the 6 way cause I do need fwd rear tilt. It helps my neck and back for better angle. I angle slightly higher in front and lower in rear. Base flat seat level is not the best for me.
Sponsored