Bought a new 2019 PP2!

20mustang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave Deluca
Vehicle(s)
2019. Mustang gt pp2 D.O.A. LEMON
I am a little old school, I wanted a bare bones muscle car. So I order a base pp2 car with the analog dash, active exhaust and I wanted the recaro seats but that didn’t happen. So I will have to find a pair of recaros for the car. My plans for the car is simple, I already order the sct tuner and the steeda intake that showed up Wednesday. Next round of mods are Steeda sport springs stop the hop starter kit and decided on which brand of headers to order. Then decide on short throw shifter and some more suspension mods. I want to keep the car n/a and just build a fun all around muscle car that can be brought to auto cross events but still be a cool weekend cruiser.
Sponsored

20mustang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave Deluca
Vehicle(s)
2019. Mustang gt pp2 D.O.A. LEMON
Sounds good I ordered the same color with a 401 a package , active exhaust , b&o stereo the rest of my mods are my own personal choices, I will do a 3m 1040 stripe on the car I'm just needing to take the car over to the shop to do some color samples, I've had a roush mustang stage 3 It was a P51 A EDITION but it was a low mileage car that I could not modify sold it , then bought a low mile 2016 PP1 CAR blk on blk did alot of personal touches , but then was like it's time looked into buying a gt350 no deals could be had plus the numbers side up front wasn't working out so fast forward to MARCH this year I've been reading about this so called PP2 option on a mustang my nieborbor across the street another Mustang guy ordered one and let my drive it at that point I was sold I ordered mine shortly after that , I've drove the gt350 it's nice but for me that PP2 was in my wheel house and can't wait tell it gets here .

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
I bought mine in Sebring (FL), but brought it back to Tejas cuz it seemed like there was a Magnetic PP2 on every corner in Florida!!! :facepalm:
hey man, that's only because you guys have more room to spread out over there en el gran estado de Tejas :D

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I honestly bet if the GT350 & PP2 went head-to-head on a course the PP2 would either be out front or they would be pretty damn close. The tires makes a huge difference between the two cars. The PP2 was also built in a limited quantity of only 1,500 units.

I'll take that bet even w/the tire difference. The GT350 is lighter, has more HP, better brakes & improved aero package. The only place the tires will benefit you is (slightly) under braking & at the absolute max G in any given turn. I say "slightly" cuz the better grip will be somewhat offset by the increased weight of the PP2. Also, the GT350 has the trans & diff coolers which limit the number of laps (dependent upon the race course) the the PP2 can run at speed. And I own a PP2 & prefer it over the GT350. However, Physics 101 will always prevail no matter what the car badge says or yer [highly calibrated] ass may tell ya. :)

OP
OP
Chris1229

Chris1229

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Performance Pack 1 Mustang GT 401A 10r80
I'll take that bet even w/the tire difference. The GT350 is lighter, has more HP, better brakes & improved aero package. The only place the tires will benefit you is (slightly) under braking & at the absolute max G in any given turn. I say "slightly" cuz the better grip will be somewhat offset by the increased weight of the PP2. Also, the GT350 has the trans & diff coolers which limit the number of laps (dependent upon the race course) the the PP2 can run at speed. And I own a PP2 & prefer it over the GT350. However, Physics 101 will always prevail no matter what the car badge says or yer [highly calibrated] ass may tell ya. :)

Shut up Ron, you’re supposed to be on my side. Lmfao

Sponsored

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Dollar for dollar, I'd take that bet on the PP2. :thumbsup:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Dollar for dollar, I'd take that bet on the PP2. :thumbsup:
The terms were "... head to head on a [race] course ..." You don't come in, change the conditions, & expect to be taken seriously. :crackup:

PS: Where in SE Minnesota are you? My Dad was born in LeRoy. :)

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
The terms were "... head to head on a [race] course ..." You don't come in, change the conditions, & expect to be taken seriously. :crackup:

PS: Where in SE Minnesota are you? My Dad was born in LeRoy. :)
Small world ... I'm North of LeRoy by about an hour. Been there many times for work.

Last edited:

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
It’s been 5 years since I have owned a mustang. I sold my 2013 mustang gt back in 2014 as kick start money to start my company. I almost bought a gt500 in 2015, but my wife always wanted a red mustang. I owned two mustangs over the years, so I thought it was a good time to buy her a car instead. So we left with her brand new 2015 race red Ecoboost mustang and she loved it. Best feeling in the world to see that you’re responsible for that new mustang enthusiast joining the car world. So 2019 roles around and I realize it has been 5 years since I have owned a mustang. So I decided it was time for a new pony for myself. So I called my dealer told them what I wanted they tracked it down and brought home my brand new Mustang. This baby had 5 miles on it when I left the dealership. I absolutely love this car, ford did a great job with it. I have a very small list of things I want to do to this car (Steeda closed box intake, stainless works long tube headers and a tune). This might be my cheapest mod list! LoL

2019 Performance Pack 2
DAA887C2-E78C-4BAA-89B4-EB287A22B86A.jpeg
CD7184AC-94A0-45B6-BB0E-9B28976B7DEE.jpeg

Oh sorry! I was looking at the other filly posing in that photo...

Nice car, congratz..!

Mr.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 2019 Velocity Blue PP2
Came out of a '13 Boss into a PP2. Thought I would miss the Boss but after 1300 miles I'm not looking back. I love this thing.

neelas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2
Thank you my friend, I am torn between the frp w spring or the Steeda sport spring. I have to do some research on here and see what people like better.
I got the steeda duel rate magnaride spring very happy. It lowered the car about 1/4 inch. Which tracks what steeda says. Dont forget the PP2's already sit 1.5 inches lower that a standard PP1.

OP
OP
Chris1229

Chris1229

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Performance Pack 1 Mustang GT 401A 10r80
I got the steeda duel rate magnaride spring very happy. It lowered the car about 1/4 inch. Which tracks what steeda says. Dont forget the PP2's already sit 1.5 inches lower that a standard PP1.
I did not know they sat lower. Thank you my friend!