Sponsored

Oil Pressure Sensor Leak

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
If you feel safe getting under the car while it's running and on jackstands, that's the surest way to see where it's leaking. That's how I found the leaking oil pressure sensor on mine.
Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Tank, thanks for the responses. Bright and early this morning to give it another go before buttoning up and taking to a shop to check. Decided to start to car to see if it would ooze.

There it was, the damn pressure switch. That area was dry, i guess from sitting, but it clearly start to squeeze out after running for a minute. The path was down and around the top of the cooler

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
If you feel safe getting under the car while it's running and on jackstands, that's the surest way to see where it's leaking. That's how I found the leaking oil pressure sensor on mine.
Thanks, we were posting at the same time. That is exactly what I did and confirmed

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Tank, thanks for the responses. Bright and early this morning to give it another go before buttoning up and taking to a shop to check. Decided to start to car to see if it would ooze.

There it was, the damn pressure switch. That area was dry, i guess from sitting, but it clearly start to squeeze out after running for a minute. The path was down and around the top of the cooler
You’re welcome @jabrax . I don’t know what your particular model calls for or if you want to tackle this yourself but I have a list of sealants and a link to the EOP page for the 5.2 in the GT350 Basics sticky in my signature. If you’d like, I could look yours up on the ‘16 Helm. It does NOT cover the ‘15s though but it could give you some sense of what it entails.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
You’re welcome @jabrax . I don’t know what your particular model calls for or if you want to tackle this yourself but I have a list of sealants and a link to the EOP page for the 5.2 in the GT350 Basics sticky in my signature. If you’d like, I could look yours up on the ‘16 Helm. It does NOT cover the ‘15s though but it could give you some sense of what it entails.
Thanks again, i looked it up in the ford factory manual

Disconnect the EOP switch electrical connector.
NOTE: If the oil pressure switch is to be reused, apply thread sealant.

Remove the EOP switch.
Material: Thread Sealant with PTFE / TA-24-B (WSK-M2G350-A2) Torque:

Stage 1: 124 lb.in (14 Nm) Stage 2: 180°
Sponsored