Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
First let me preface this with saying that I absolutely loved these thing. The way they made the car handle and the superior ride quality (less bounce) that they offered were amazing. I truly loved them.
They may have survived two Bavarian winters, but they did not quite survive 3 Minnesota winters that I put them through. I imagine that the excessive salt that the department of transportation here puts down along with the semi occasional -30F (-34C) MN weather didn't help.
The mounts themselves are built like a tank, but the spherical bearing is an exposed one. Five to six months of constant salt dost not play nicely with most factory sealed joints much less an open aftermarket one.
I used the shock nut covers that came with my ProAction shocks to keep things protected (they were part of the packaging but worked perfectly). Yep, if the top nut was exposed I bet it’s nearly disintegrated after three winters in your area.
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Getting these installed right now along with the 2 point G-trac brace and toe link knuckle bearings!!

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Getting these installed right now along with the 2 point G-trac brace and toe link knuckle bearings!!
If the tech has any questions please make sure he contacts Jamie at Steeda 954-960-0774
SteedaTech

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
So is the price for these dust covers each or for a pair? Looking at picking up a set of upper shock mounts during the Memorial day sale, figured might as well pick up covers also, but need to know if I order one or two.

Thanks,

Doug
Hi Doug, That’s for a pair.
Steeda Tech

Sponsored

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
So I finally got my Bilstein B6 rears, and it appears there's no way to make these work with the current hardware. On the new Bilstein rears, the threaded portion is only 1" tall, and the shaft below has a diameter of 18mm (.708"). The interior of the steeda insert is .675", so it doesn't go over the shaft, and thus there is only a thread left at the top, no room for a washer or nut.
20190919_204207.jpg
20190919_204103.jpg

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wrote Steeda an email, I'll see what they say. It looks like it would work with the old hardware, but it definitely doesn't work with the new hardware style. :headbang:

@SteedaTech

Last edited:

Taterbootz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP. 2014 Focus Sport SE.
Do these increase compression travel at all like the BMR mounts do?

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received some new change parts from Steeda over the weekend, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make these work. I had my friend over to take a look (he's an engineer at Bilstein), and he agreed. Hopefully Steeda can take a closer look and work with the parts involved to come up with a solution for the Bilstein rears. Otherwise I'll be listing these on the classifieds and going with the new BMR kit soon, this situation is holding up my rear suspension install.

On a related note though, Matt at Steeda has been very friendly and accommodating through the process. He's definitely an asset for the Steeda boys.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Received some new change parts from Steeda over the weekend, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make these work. I had my friend over to take a look (he's an engineer at Bilstein), and he agreed. Hopefully Steeda can take a closer look and work with the parts involved to come up with a solution for the Bilstein rears. Otherwise I'll be listing these on the classifieds and going with the new BMR kit soon, this situation is holding up my rear suspension install.

On a related note though, Matt at Steeda has been very friendly and accommodating through the process. He's definitely an asset for the Steeda boys.
I went over the different options here at Steeda and have no viable solution that would be durable. We do have a complete set of the Bilstien dampers at our FL location to validate our findings. Bilstien recommends the production mount with their rear damper.
Steeda Tech
Mike D

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went over the different options here at Steeda and have no viable solution that would be durable. We do have a complete set of the Bilstien dampers at our FL location to validate our findings. Bilstien recommends the production mount with their rear damper.
Steeda Tech
Mike D
Oh well. Off to the classifieds they go then.

Ordered a set of BMR Rear Shock mounts. Looks like they should work fine.

Last edited:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Yes, the hardware is a nice improvement for ease of torquing with the nut supplied. with the aftermarket shocks. On another note, the damper load path is on center with the fasteners which make it strong and effective as far as damper control.That’s why all the Steeda equipped record holding Drag and Road Race Mustangs use this mount!
Thank you,
Steeda Tech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Are used on the record holder 2018 Steeda Silver Bullet along with our Steeda Pro-Action adjustable shocks !
Which was set this morning! Congrats to Steeda and our partners!,
9117DF70-74CC-4782-B3DF-08795F7D4D88.jpeg

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Congrats guys! Those numbers are insane for all motor!
Sponsored