OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Pretty sure they call em the same name. No matter what the temperature is. But hey this is America. You can name your CAI Bob. If the temperature thing is f$#king with your mind.
Call a thing what the thing really is! It’s called applying the correct nomenclature. My point was just that what is being advertised as a “Cold” Air Intake is not. It’s just an air intake. An AI. Sucks ambient air in from the fwd fender well. Throw some ice cubes in the box and you’ll have a temporary CAI.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
The CAI name is just to sell aftermarket parts. They Make it sound like something you need that’s better than what came stock on the car.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The Velossatech big mouth is probably the best upgrade you can do to the air intake system. Probably one of the more underrated mods talked about on this forum. Followed by opening up the honeycomb more or cutting it out completely.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That does look pretty boss, but how much can it really lower inlet temps? At speed, I'm seeing only about 10 degrees over ambient @75°.
Well, I've had both closed and open setups. The Velossatech puts me at around 3-5 degrees above ambient at speed. On the highway, I'll sit at a solid 3 degrees above ambient. It certainly helps a lot. I think someone reported even some positive pressure change from a ram air effect as well? @BmacIL I believe said something about it. It's a fantastic mod and I highly recommend it regardless of what intake you use. It can help recovery times both open and closed.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing I noticed between Open top JLT vs Stock air box. the JLT filter got much dirtier much much faster. Possibly due to the open top design. Whereas the stock airbox filter still looks brand new after a month of driving.