Sponsored

3" H-Pipe?

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
Do you know if there is any 3" resonator delete H-Pipe for the 2017 GT?,All I find are 2.5.".

In my car I have the Magnaflow Competition but with the stock resonator, because with the Magnaflow X I had enough drone and I want to try with a h-pipe.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if there is any 3" resonator delete H-Pipe for the 2017 GT?,All I find are 2.5.".

In my car I have the Magnaflow Competition but with the stock resonator, because with the Magnaflow X I had enough drone and I want to try with a h-pipe.
FYI it'll still drone with an H pipe. Those mufflers will drone if you put more volume through them.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There’s tons of 3” universal H-Pipes available. You’ll need to goto an exhaust shop to have it welded/installed onto your vehicle.

OP
OP
pacomicro

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s tons of 3” universal H-Pipes available. You’ll need to goto an exhaust shop to have it welded/installed onto your vehicle.
If I was lucky enough to be in the U.S.A. I'm sure it would be easy, but I'm in Spain :headbang: I have to find it on some website to bring it here.
Maybe you could put some bottle-type mufflers to eliminate the drone?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
If I was lucky enough to be in the U.S.A. I'm sure it would be easy, but I'm in Spain :headbang: I have to find it on some website to bring it here.
Maybe you could put some bottle-type mufflers to eliminate the drone?
The resonators will reduce volume and certain frequencies but likely not do much for drone. MF comp are especially infamous for it and more volume you add the worse itll get. I added Vibrant 3" resonators to my ARH LTH to Corsa Xtreme setup to tone down the volume and rasp but had 0 drone to begin with as the muffler setup plays a huge role in the drone aspect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pacomicro

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The resonators will reduce volume and certain frequencies but likely not do much for drone. MF comp are especially infamous for it and more volume you add the worse itll get. I added Vibrant 3" resonators to my ARH LTH to Corsa Xtreme setup to tone down the volume and rasp but had 0 drone to begin with as the muffler setup plays a huge role in the drone aspect.
I see that it is very complicated to eliminate the drone, but I'm not going to give up for now.

With the stock resonator I've put on, I don't have any drones, but I'd like to go with the Magna X I have stored in the garage or maybe with an H.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
So is it safe to assume that all non resonated x or h pipes paired with factory exhaust are going to drone?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So is it safe to assume that all non resonated x or h pipes paired with factory exhaust are going to drone?
I have an h-pipe with factory mufflers. Zero drone. Plenty loud for me.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
With factory? None at all. With MF Comp? Definitely.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Gotcha. Thanks guys. I was wondering if just an x or h pipe on my 19 would get me the sound I wanted with no drone or if I’d need to go ahead and do headers too. And leave everything else stock. Kooks and corsa on my last build were nearly unbearable in the garage or parking deck.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. Thanks guys. I was wondering if just an x or h pipe on my 19 would get me the sound I wanted with no drone or if I’d need to go ahead and do headers too. And leave everything else stock. Kooks and corsa on my last build were nearly unbearable in the garage or parking deck.
IMO the stock mufflers get awfully tinny sounding when adding x and LTH so just be aware and look for clips if going that route.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
IMO the stock mufflers get awfully tinny sounding when adding x and LTH so just be aware and look for clips if going that route.
Yeah they are a bit tinny.. but now with some miles on them the tinny went away. Dunno why.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Finding over the counter 3 inch H-pipes for our car is very rare unless it comes as part of for a catback system like AWE. for example. When I was looking, the companies with catbacks using 3 inch H would not separate. A performance shop near me @PSIProformance offered to make me a custom section. Im sure they could make and ship you one. Not sure how costly that would be.

I thought drone was created by frequencies closer to the rear of the car (muffler section)
Sponsored