Sponsored

Anybody getting this Network Connection message in Sync3?

Stang72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fastback GT Premium PP1

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Some of this might not be exactly right since I did this several weeks ago.

First you will have to go to the ford website to download the sync update.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

If you aren't already registered, you will have to register. You'll need your VIN number I believe. It will also matter if you have navigation or not. There are different updates for each.

This video shows the general process.

A couple of things to note. You will need to format your USB drive in the format specified. I can't remember the exact format at the moment, but I think it is exFAT.

Copy the file you downloaded to your computer onto the USB drive. It is a zip file, so you will need to unzip (extract) the files in the zip files so that they are in the root directory of the USB.

From there, follow the directions about putting the USB drive into the USB port in your mustang and turning on and off the car.

That's about the detail I remember. The first link provides some detailed instructions on the steps as you walk through them. I did find that the owner site didn't work well an ipad device, so I had to keep going up to my computer to read the steps.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Stang72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fastback GT Premium PP1
Some of this might not be exactly right since I did this several weeks ago.

First you will have to go to the ford website to download the sync update.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

If you aren't already registered, you will have to register. You'll need your VIN number I believe. It will also matter if you have navigation or not. There are different updates for each.

This video shows the general process.

A couple of things to note. You will need to format your USB drive in the format specified. I can't remember the exact format at the moment, but I think it is exFAT.

Copy the file you downloaded to your computer onto the USB drive. It is a zip file, so you will need to unzip (extract) the files in the zip files so that they are in the root directory of the USB.

From there, follow the directions about putting the USB drive into the USB port in your mustang and turning on and off the car.

That's about the detail I remember. The first link provides some detailed instructions on the steps as you walk through them. I did find that the owner site didn't work well an ipad device, so I had to keep going up to my computer to read the steps.

Hope this helps.

Dan
Thank you. i will give this a try.

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
i'm getting this, it's super annoying. my sync 3 is on 3.0

i added it aftermarket so i cannot download the updates from Ford, since they show me as having as base radio tied to my VIN. have the updates for the '17 SYNC3 been posted anywhere?

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
My 19 GT prem.needed the upgrade. Followed the instructions and it upgraded. The network connection window has gone away.
Does anyone know what the upgrade did other than satisfy the network connection window?

Sponsored

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My VIN shows a Base SYNC, I faked a Sync for a 2018 and was given a DL. but it didn't work

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Build 19052?
Just wanted to say Thank you! I finally got around to installing the update via USB the other day and the Build 19052 has fixed the issue and I no longer get the popup at every start up.

OP
OP

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, Orange Fury, PP1, 10AT, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Safe/Smart, 401A, GT350 Black Spoiler
Hey all,
I also updated to build 19052 and it seemed to fix the issue, but it leads me to a question. At various times I had Sync3 set for automatic update, but other times i had it turned off and was manually checking for updates. Sync never pushed build 19052. Why wouldn't it have pushed the update to the vehicle through that process and why was it necessary to install it via USB?

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Hey all,
I also updated to build 19052 and it seemed to fix the issue, but it leads me to a question. At various times I had Sync3 set for automatic update, but other times i had it turned off and was manually checking for updates. Sync never pushed build 19052. Why wouldn't it have pushed the update to the vehicle through that process and why was it necessary to install it via USB?
Because it would take a LONG time!. The update is a pretty large file to push over cell network. It requires a steady wifi connection.

OP
OP

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, Orange Fury, PP1, 10AT, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Safe/Smart, 401A, GT350 Black Spoiler
Because it would take a LONG time!. The update is a pretty large file to push over cell network. It requires a steady wifi connection.
Got it!. My network utility at home shows the Mustang is connected to my WiFi when it's in the garage, which is where I try to kick off the update, however, I think it drops off the network about 20 minutes after I shut off the car. That probably 'explains it.

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody else think it is stupid (for lack of a better word) to require the car be running to install the update? Fortunately, I took the long way home when I installed because it took 20+ minutes overall. That would suck to idle in the garage just to install an update.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
Anybody else think it is stupid (for lack of a better word) to require the car be running to install the update? Fortunately, I took the long way home when I installed because it took 20+ minutes overall. That would suck to idle in the garage just to install an update.
The way I understood the update was that you can do the USB with the engine off but may have to disable the auto power shutdown because it might cut power during installation.

OP
OP

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The way I understood the update was that you can do the USB with the engine off but may have to disable the auto power shutdown because it might cut power during installation.
Is there a way to disable that w/o going into the codes?

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
Is there a way to disable that w/o going into the codes?
This note is on the Ford SYNC3 USB update page. https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

NOTE: Some vehicles are equipped with an “Automatic Engine Shutdown” option and due to the length of time for the update process this feature should be Disabled. You can find this feature on the left hand cluster display (use left hand switch Control > Settings > Vehicle and uncheck the box next to “Auto Engine Shutdown”). For more details, refer to your owners manual “Starting and Stopping the Engine” section for information on how to disable this feature.

Sorry JimInTexas,
After re-reading this I see it pertains to engine shutdown and not power. Instructions say and repeat "keep engine running during update"
Sponsored