Bought a new 2019 PP2!

Chris1229

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Performance Pack 1 Mustang GT 401A 10r80
It’s been 5 years since I have owned a mustang. I sold my 2013 mustang gt back in 2014 as kick start money to start my company. I almost bought a gt500 in 2015, but my wife always wanted a red mustang. I owned two mustangs over the years, so I thought it was a good time to buy her a car instead. So we left with her brand new 2015 race red Ecoboost mustang and she loved it. Best feeling in the world to see that you’re responsible for that new mustang enthusiast joining the car world. So 2019 roles around and I realize it has been 5 years since I have owned a mustang. So I decided it was time for a new pony for myself. So I called my dealer told them what I wanted they tracked it down and brought home my brand new Mustang. This baby had 5 miles on it when I left the dealership. I absolutely love this car, ford did a great job with it. I have a very small list of things I want to do to this car (Steeda closed box intake, stainless works long tube headers and a tune). This might be my cheapest mod list! LoL

2019 Performance Pack 2
DAA887C2-E78C-4BAA-89B4-EB287A22B86A.jpeg
CD7184AC-94A0-45B6-BB0E-9B28976B7DEE.jpeg
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Congrats! May I suggest Ford "Y" springs? Drop that beauty 1.25" in the front and almost an inch in the rear, get rid of that 4X4 look that Ford seems to think is cool on even the most optioned out cars that they build.

OP
OP
Chris1229

Chris1229

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Performance Pack 1 Mustang GT 401A 10r80
Congrats! May I suggest Ford "Y" springs? Drop that beauty 1.25" in the front and almost an inch in the rear, get rid of that 4X4 look that Ford seems to think is cool on even the most optioned out cars that they build.
Thank you my friend, I am torn between the frp w spring or the Steeda sport spring. I have to do some research on here and see what people like better.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Thank you my friend, I am torn between the frp w spring or the Steeda sport spring. I have to do some research on here and see what people like better.
I don't think you could go wrong with Steeda if you so choose, I have various Steeda suspension mods, but I made sure to upgrade my base suspension to the FR3 with the "Y" springs because after a lot of research I found them to be just as good as anything else you could buy, and with Ford parts, if installed by a Ford tech I got to keep my warranty on the new suspension. It cost a little more to let them do it, instead of doing it myself, and it is the only thing on my car I've not done myself, but I've already pretty much potentially voided all my drivetrain warranty with the longtubes and tuning/etc/etc with the mods I've done for power, so it was nice to at least think that Ford wouldn't hassle me if something happened to go wrong with the suspension. Even though, my local dealership assures me if I have a problem with my driveline they will (wink and a nod, this was implied not said) still cover my engine and transmission. I have a very good relationship with the local service manager and his assistant, so much so, when I was speaking with them before and after picking my car back up from the FR3 upgrade they did for me, the assistant service manager said to me, after I said "well at least my suspension will still have a warranty even if I've voided my drivetrain warranty by admitting to you guys I'm running E85 tuning and you see my BDX attached to my windshield" he stated...you mean your "93 octane use, if it causes problems" and looked at me like ya know what I mean? LOL. So now, after that exchange, I'm almost sure if I do have an engine or a transmission issue, they will still do their best to cover my drivetrain warranty also. I'm not 100% sure of that, but the way that conversation went, I'm thinking they just don't care as long as I don't do anything stupid like putting nitrous on it, etc. Which leaves me with a nice feel I still might be covered for the next couple years. It just goes to show, honesty is the best policy, not being a dick and trying to hide shit you do to your ride before you take it in also helps.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I don't think you could go wrong with Steeda if you so choose, I have various Steeda suspension mods, but I made sure to upgrade my base suspension to the FR3 with the "Y" springs because after a lot of research I found them to be just as good as anything else you could buy, and with Ford parts, if installed by a Ford tech I got to keep my warranty on the new suspension. It cost a little more to let them do it, instead of doing it myself, and it is the only thing on my car I've not done myself, but I've already pretty much potentially voided all my drivetrain warranty with the longtubes and tuning/etc/etc with the mods I've done for power, so it was nice to at least think that Ford wouldn't hassle me if something happened to go wrong with the suspension. Even though, my local dealership assures me if I have a problem with my driveline they will (wink and a nod, this was implied not said) still cover my engine and transmission. I have a very good relationship with the local service manager and his assistant, so much so, when I was speaking with them before and after picking my car back up from the FR3 upgrade they did for me, the assistant service manager said to me, after I said "well at least my suspension will still have a warranty even if I've voided my drivetrain warranty by admitting to you guys I'm running E85 tuning and you see my BDX attached to my windshield" he stated...you mean your "93 octane use, if it causes problems" and looked at me like ya know what I mean? LOL. So now, after that exchange, I'm almost sure if I do have an engine or a transmission issue, they will still do their best to cover my drivetrain warranty also. I'm not 100% sure of that, but the way that conversation went, I'm thinking they just don't care as long as I don't do anything stupid like putting nitrous on it, etc. Which leaves me with a nice feel I still might be covered for the next couple years. It just goes to show, honesty is the best policy, not being a dick and trying to hide shit you do to your ride before you take it in also helps.
Aren't Y for non-magneride cars?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats!

Just curious - if you don’t mind the question:
What was your out the door price and how loaded is your PP2 with options?

Best of luck with it!

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Great looking car OP. You are going to love it. My only advice would be to get some jacking rails, and if you don't plan to track it much, swap those SC2's for an UHP summer tire before you destroy that paint.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Congrats! She's a beauty! And the car is hot too! :like:

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Congrats almost as pretty as my Magnetic 18PP1. You are definitely going to love it. It never gets tiresome. I did add the ford performance X pipe and boy cold starts really make my day.
Sponsored