Why the hell didn't they give it 580hp by now?!!sad:explode:

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
man these reviewers and the ability to drive a manual car is very disappointing.
In the one video, the dude totally misses apexes many times over and gets caught in the wrong gear exiting the turns......his arm positions look weird too...

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
That is an unrealistic expectation and you know it.
Oh, so you know as a fact its impossible for FORD to get 54hp huh? Since you know so much, what's the hp, an tq of the new GT500 :cwl:

Sponsored

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Oh, so you know as a fact its impossible for FORD to get 54hp huh? Since you know so much, what's the hp, an tq of the new GT500 :cwl:
Unrealistic ≠ Impossible, don't be so dramatic. However, since you asked, all you have to do is use a little brainpower.

The GT350 already makes more than 100hp per liter, so there is not much more breathing room beyond that without affecting reliability. The 18+ GT refresh only managed to get 25hp from a significant change that is dual port FI. That is realistically the only way the Voodoo can make that much more reliable power and Ford won't implement that on a limited production car. Even if they do, it sure as hell won't be "54hp" from an already high strung NA motor.

Or put in an Aluminator XS, which they also won't do.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
If your looking for a 2 peddle DCT for the GT350 this car is not for you and suggest that you need to move onto a Mopar or Chevy product for an automatic transmission choice.

:wink:
OR EVEN BETTER...you know, the FORD GT500.

If it’s good enough for the top dog, it’s good enough for the other performers.

A DCT GT350 would definitely gain in terms of performance.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
On the 350 side, the engine could stand to gain some power.

It’s distinctly within the realm of possibility, but at this point, it would also become problematic in terms of positioning and further R&D than is desired.

I think Ford is happy with the GT350 engine as-is and has it down to a science for what it is.

Even a 25 hp bump will need an entirely redeveloped damping system to keep within Ford’s OEM standards.

It’s not the power level, it’s the supporting engineering that will bring the cost up a bit.

I personally wish they’d go ahead and do it and just pass the cost along to the consumer as I think the consumer would want that.

But I am not the guy in charge of keeping track of those matters, so whatevs.

We could see a 550 hp GT350 easily. Even 580. Emissions legal. but it would be a bit more on the shakey side and would require more damping. And there is already quite a bit going on there.

At this point, Ford has the best handling NA American pony car and soon the best FI handling pony car.

It’s positioning.

If you just want the raw, visceral track experience, go GT350 and you’ll be happy.

IF you want insane levels of power and a bit more of a refined feel to go with the otherworldly handling, save your Pennies for the 500.

It seems like some fairly minor updates (in terms of engineering) have made a huge impact on the performance of the 350 in a very good way. that just shows how great the foundation is. A couple changes that simply let all the previously done hard work shine through.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
Cj intake would get close

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Unrealistic ≠ Impossible, don't be so dramatic. However, since you asked, all you have to do is use a little brainpower.

The GT350 already makes more than 100hp per liter, so there is not much more breathing room beyond that without affecting reliability. The 18+ GT refresh only managed to get 25hp from a significant change that is dual port FI. That is realistically the only way the Voodoo can make that much more reliable power and Ford won't implement that on a limited production car. Even if they do, it sure as hell won't be "54hp" from an already high strung NA motor.

You should use some brain power then. :crackup:

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
130hp/liter for the Porsche GT3RS. Granted a GT350 doesn't cost anywhere near that car so 100/liter is plenty for me!

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In the one video, the dude totally misses apexes many times over and gets caught in the wrong gear exiting the turns......his arm positions look weird too...
That was probably me- this was my first lap in this car and at this track...sue me oh mighty driving god.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

Add Longtubes, Ported Throttle Body, JLT Intake, and get rid of the resonators and get an E85 tune and you now have a gt350 with anywhere from 510-530 wheel hp. Exactly what I plan to do to mine in the future.
Sponsored