Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hey everyone,

Im a total noob to springs. Im looking on american muscle and see theres a good amount of options from SR to BMR and Eibach. I know Eibach is a fan favorite but the other two have great reviews too. Long story short, im looking for a decent drop about 1", mainly for aesthetic purposes so I would prefer to not sacrifice alot of ride quality but improved performance is also a plus. My questions are the following.

1. is linear or progressive springs safe on stock struts for daily driving?
2. In linear more prefered than progressive?
2. Will i rub with 1" spacers on a performance back wheel setup? currently running indy 500's 255 and 275
3. Which spring would you recommend for me?

I know theres gonna be someone to say that there is probably already a threat about this, so thanks for the comment ahead of time ;)

Looking to hear what you guys think!

thanks
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,

Im a total noob to springs. Im looking on american muscle and see theres a good amount of options from SR to BMR and Eibach. I know Eibach is a fan favorite but the other two have great reviews too. Long story short, im looking for a decent drop about 1", mainly for aesthetic purposes so I would prefer to not sacrifice alot of ride quality but improved performance is also a plus. My questions are the following.

Both are safe but the spring rate stiffness will determine whether you can use PP dampers or not

It depends what your goals and preferences are

2. Will i rub with 1" spacers on a performance back wheel setup? currently running indy 500's 255 and 275

It depends on which springs you choose and how tall your tires are; a 1” drop on 40 series (in PP stock width) tires shouldn’t be a problem

Steeda progressive or Ford Performance street springs; both will work with PP dampers and 1” spacers

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Good to know about the spring stiffness, i didnt know. So would like eibach or SR not be recommended since i have a PP?

Are you running any springs rn?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yareen, you can email me at [email protected] if you would like to speak to our suspension team & get a spring to suit your needs - let me know!

TJ

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know about the spring stiffness, i didnt know. So would like eibach or SR not be recommended since i have a PP?

Are you running any springs rn?
I don’t know about SR springs, but the Eibachs are a great pairing for this car. I run a bit firmer with Steeda Ultralites. In either of these cases I would strongly insist you get new shocks and struts.

If you want to retain your PP dampers and get more performance, the Steeda progressives are probably your best bet (nice stance too) — the rates are actually softer than the PP while cruising but get firm and give more performance in the twisties.

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I don’t know about SR springs, but the Eibachs are a great pairing for this car. I run a bit firmer with Steeda Ultralites. In either of these cases I would strongly insist you get new shocks and struts.

If you want to retain your PP dampers and get more performance, the Steeda progressives are probably your best bet (nice stance too) — the rates are actually softer than the PP while cruising but get firm and give more performance in the twisties.
Thanks for the insightful comment. These seem to be very liked. What shocks and struts would u recommend? is it bad if i stay on pp parts? they sound like exactly what im looking for

thanks

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the insightful comment. These seem to be very liked. What shocks and struts would u recommend? is it bad if i stay on pp parts? they sound like exactly what im looking for

thanks
You’ll be fine using PP shocks and struts, but the truth is I am not a fan of the PP dampers. Their reliability is questionable.

Pairing Steeda progressives with ProAction dampers is a fantastic combo. Add in the ~$50 adjustable bumpstops and you’ll be very satisfied.

OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
You’ll be fine using PP shocks and struts, but the truth is I am not a fan of the PP dampers. Their reliability is questionable.

Pairing Steeda progressives with ProAction dampers is a fantastic combo. Add in the ~$50 adjustable bumpstops and you’ll be very satisfied.
The proaction dampers are the struts and shocks by steeda for around 800 correct?

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
The proaction dampers are the struts and shocks by steeda for around 800 correct?
Yes, the adjustable ProAction shocks and struts are about $800 retail. You can get the fixed, non-adjustable, ProActions for quite a bit less, but if you have the budget then get the adjustables for sure.

In either case, contact the guys at Steeda for a discount code or package deal and you can save a few bucks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Yes, the adjustable ProAction shocks and struts are about $800 retail. You can get the fixed, non-adjustable, ProActions for quite a bit less, but if you have the budget then get the adjustables for sure.

In either case, contact the guys at Steeda for a discount code or package deal and you can save a few bucks.
Awesome. Thanks for all the info, I found the non adjustable ones. Ill probably go with just springs for now, as long as i wont be abusing my stock shocks and struts too badly. Im pretty gentle on my ride but I like to have fun from time to time!

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
Hey everyone,

I know theres gonna be someone to say that there is probably already a threat about this, so thanks for the comment ahead of time ;)

Looking to hear what you guys think!

thanks
Steeda Progressive, perfect non-slammed drop and great ride...
Sponsored