• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

2017 Mustang PP Wheel Bearings

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
O sweet AutoZone has them

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I seem to hearing this a lot while browsing the forums. Only have had my used 15 for little over a year sitting at 13K..

It just seems odd for them to fail so often, I could see tracking the car maybe but just everyday driving.
GM is notorious for wheels bearings and I went through a few on my 98 Grand Prix but not really that many in the 20s years I owned it.

Sponsored

17gt3black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium
6000 on my Whipple 17 pp car notice it when taking off slicks. Seen Moog is hit or miss with bearing anymore. Coming from China. Timken have been pretty good IMO. Got both shipped from Rock Auto under 100 for pair. Will see how they hold up. To 780rwhp. Ordered the two but only drivers side rear was bad.
950DF162-496F-48DF-8594-16DDC9741B01.jpeg
154C69E9-4934-4E05-9146-50C04E182B1A.jpeg

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Reviving an old thread rather than starting a new one... But I'm onto my second pair of replaced front bearings.

Apparently the wheels I have fitted (P51) need to have the hub cover removed for the wheels to fit. This is letting in water and other "stuff" which is causing the premature wearing of the bearings, according to my Ford mechanic. They are still being replaced under my 5 year warranty, but it's still a PITA

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
6000 on my Whipple 17 pp car notice it when taking off slicks. Seen Moog is hit or miss with bearing anymore. Coming from China. Timken have been pretty good IMO. Got both shipped from Rock Auto under 100 for pair. Will see how they hold up. To 780rwhp. Ordered the two but only drivers side rear was bad.
950DF162-496F-48DF-8594-16DDC9741B01.jpeg
154C69E9-4934-4E05-9146-50C04E182B1A.jpeg
You have pictures of the bearings themselves? Look like a good alternative.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Reviving an old thread rather than starting a new one... But I'm onto my second pair of replaced front bearings.

Apparently the wheels I have fitted (P51) need to have the hub cover removed for the wheels to fit. This is letting in water and other "stuff" which is causing the premature wearing of the bearings, according to my Ford mechanic. They are still being replaced under my 5 year warranty, but it's still a PITA
Hub covers removed? I didn’t do that when I put my P51's on. Interesting...

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Hub covers removed? I didn’t do that when I put my P51's on. Interesting...
Yeah. I can only assume they were taken off in error

Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Yeah. I can only assume they were taken off in error
Bummer. I’d like to have a chat with you sometime about your Lund tune. Watched a lot of videos and read many posts, but not actually spoken to anyone who got one.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

None of the Magneride cars have hub covers (in my limited personal experience), so I don't buy your mechanic's argument. These are sealed bearings, so they should be fine with or without hub covers. They do get water in there which leads to surface rust and the wheels sticking on the hubs a bit, but I don't think that's part of the failure problem.

Here's a pic of my '18 EBPP Magneride hub with a small drain hole at the bottom, and a '19 GT350R hub assembly that you can see right through - if dirt was an issue, the GT350R hub would be sealed up a lot tighter than it is...
50073090818_dda489ab45_c.jpg
Long Wheel Stud Conversion 03 by clair_davis, on Flickr
49416090823_b593f24f23_c.jpg
GT350R_Hub_RH-01 by clair_davis, on Flickr

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
does the gt350/R hub fit a non mag GT?
I suspect so, but I don't know so - I only have hands-on experience with the Magneride bearings that are the same between Shelby / Normal cars. I know the Shelby has an aluminum hub, and that the normal Mag cars allegedly have a unique hub as well - but not aluminum.
Sponsored