Remote start

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Sorry man I'm new here and was just having a bit of fun there. It was meant to be a compliment of sorts actually while poking some fun at my sorry old self.
Sponsored

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
Dang doesnā€™t look like I have it just checked my window sticker
Window Sticker is irrelevant; it wonā€™t tell you about the app. Since you have remote start, you must have the Premium Plus package which includes the modem that allows the app to work. It can be found in the App Store of whatever smartphone you use.

The remote start range is excellent when using the app. Furthest I was able to start my 19 MKZ was while on a cruise in the Caribbean. Car was in the US, on the east coast. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s any limit to the range when using the remote start within the app. Beyond the remote start, the app will allow you to lock/unlock the car, monitor individual tire pressure, total mileage, miles to E, oil life, and current vehicle location. That last one is perfect when you want to ensure your car is where itā€™s supposed to be. Thereā€™s a ton more that can be done with the app, but I donā€™t use the extraneous features so I canā€™t tell you anything about them other than that they exist (I.e., todayā€™s weather, parking garage locator, etc)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I thought that in order to remote start from the phone App, that the feature was also a "paid" subscription?

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I could add the cell phone feature on my ā€˜15. Our 2014 RAM Laramie had the uConnect system and we could start it using the cell phone or our Echo Plus. :)

Sponsored

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I have the"Ford Pass" on my phone. It tells me when to sked maintenance, tells me about how my car payments are made thru Ford credit, etc, but if I'm reading it right, to install the App Link" you must disable Apple Car Play to be able to use Ford Pass". Really?

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
... but if I'm reading it right, to install the App Link" you must disable Apple Car Play to be able to use Ford Pass". Really?
It might have to do with your trim level. With my premium, I didn't have to pay anything, didn't have to sign up for anything, and don't have to disable Apple Car Play (which I tried but didn't like anyway). I just walked out to the car with the app and shot it the VIN and off I went. I use it as an emergency door opener since I only have one key. I don't get remote start, though, since I've got a manual. The "Start" button shows up when I first open the app, but it connects and remembers which end is up, and that button disappears.

There's more to the app that requires some sort of login, but I'm allergic to logins, so I resist them whenever I can. I'm pretty sure I successfully resisted in Ford's case.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Window Sticker is irrelevant; it wonā€™t tell you about the app. Since you have remote start, you must have the Premium Plus package which includes the modem that allows the app to work. It can be found in the App Store of whatever smartphone you use.

The remote start range is excellent when using the app. Furthest I was able to start my 19 MKZ was while on a cruise in the Caribbean. Car was in the US, on the east coast. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s any limit to the range when using the remote start within the app. Beyond the remote start, the app will allow you to lock/unlock the car, monitor individual tire pressure, total mileage, miles to E, oil life, and current vehicle location. That last one is perfect when you want to ensure your car is where itā€™s supposed to be. Thereā€™s a ton more that can be done with the app, but I donā€™t use the extraneous features so I canā€™t tell you anything about them other than that they exist (I.e., todayā€™s weather, parking garage locator, etc)
I thought all auto mustangs come with remote start I have a pretty much base model from what I know. Iā€™m just confused as to why I remote start my car and when Iā€™m not in view of it, it still flashes red which means unsuccessful but my car still starts thatā€™s my question

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I thought that in order to remote start from the phone App, that the feature was also a "paid" subscription?
You need to have FordPass Connect (formerly SyncConnect) active. I don't think you need the WiFi hotspot (which requires a subscription) active, though. And, of course, it needs to be an automatic.
Sponsored