OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do runs comparing the MPT and the dyno tunes? Be interesting to see how they compare but glad to hear you're closing in on that 300rwhp number. I want to get back on the same dyno I used before to see (somewhat, the weather will likely be completely different) what difference clearing up my false knock and cat deletes ended up making, my main goal was just to be at 300, but I'm pretty happy with performance whether I'm actually there or not.

How are you enjoying the updated exhaust note compared to how it was before the Tru-X?
I'm not really concerned about the numbers from the dyno. The numbers under 6K RPM are what's important to me, because that's where I notice it when I drive it everyday.

The exhaust sounds GREAT now. No rasp. Quiet actually. I think most car guys would think it's too quiet - until I mat it - then it gets louder.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I haven't had time to touch the Mustang. Too busy working on this:

1995-bronco-home.jpg

35" tires, 6" lift. 5.0 / E4OD. Replaced the steering column and passenger window (idiot thieves tried to steal it - the main reason I got it so cheap from the previous owner). In the middle of new inner and outer wheel bearing, new front axle u-joints, new manual hubs, rotors, caliper, pads, brakes lines etc. Already have all the parts - tearing the top half off the engine down for JBA headers, new y-pipe, smog delete, full tune up, adding Autometer replacement pillar time with oil pressure and water temp gauges.

But the other day some idiot decided to modify my Mustang for me.

IMG_1897.jpeg

Low speed impact - idiot ran right into me - because he was jumping over a lane to make the exit. At least he had insurance. Dealing with his insurance now (State Farm) and they are a royal pain in the ass.

Took all the damage pictures and submitted via their mobile app. They immediately came back with a repair estimate of $725. What? The Ford bumper cover is $525 new, primed. So apparently their estimate wanted to REPAIR the bumper cover. Went to one of their "certified" shops and their estimate was $1150. New bumper cover and paint / install.

A couple of clips broke on the rear bumper cover where it snaps in so I took the LR wheel off and removed the fender well cover, unbolted / clipped the bumper cover and was able to reseat it almost flush and bolted it all back together. No underlying damage - just the bumper cover. So once I get these jokers to cut me a check, I'll likely order a new FORD bumper cover and have a guy I know paint it.

Still trying to make time to get my Max Jax lift installed and start on the clutch / flywheel / gear install. Want to get this Bronco finished first. And since it's too damn tall to fit in my shop and use the lift.................

Other than that - car is running GREAT. Co-worker is replacing his daily driver (he has a couple of V8 powered play toys / projects , but dailies a V6 Camaro that's racked up A LOT of miles). Had him ride with me to lunch the other day - no he's hunting for a used V6 / 6 speed Mustang LOL.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well I guess it all depends on who you get a hold of when you call. Called in again - she immediately looked at the estimate I'd uploaded and sent the difference in the initial estimate and the body shop estimate to my account. Now to find time to order a bumper cover and get it painted. Still got a brand new front bumper cover (painted) waiting to be installed one day LOL.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Only 4 months later LOL. Had major house projects that needed done - so the Mustang is at the back of the line. Finally able to see daylight on the Bronco Project. Interior is almost done, a few days of engine / mechanical work and hopefully it'll be out of the shop and the Mustang will go in for Flywheel / clutch swap, GT350 axles, new rear wheel bearings and 3.73 gears.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Long story - not so long - very likely the Mustang will be going back to stock. I want a daily that has enough grunt that I can live with it without modifying it and I need a bit more room in the backseat. I'll likely be posting everything here in the classifieds:

- Ported OEM Throttle Body
- BBK coated headers
- Mid pipe w/ flowmaster cats
- Exhaust
- Tuner
ETC ETC

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a Charger 392 might be in the cards for you based on that!

Sucks to see you scrap the plans you had for the Mustang, but if another car is a better fit, can't argue that.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a Charger 392 might be in the cards for you based on that!

Sucks to see you scrap the plans you had for the Mustang, but if another car is a better fit, can't argue that.
Still haven't decided. There are other things at play. No the Charger is just too big - and more importantly - no manual transmission.
I did drive a Challenger Scat Pack - and I really like it - but I'd need to drive it for a few days to see if the extra bulk would bother me. They are discounting them big time (2019) until the end of the month, but I'm not really in that much of a hurry.

It's funny - the Mustang is still edging out most everything else. That's the rub. I just won't have the time to wrench as much on it, so I'd rather have enough power in stock form to not mess with it. A friend is pushing me towards a GT. And my wife REALLY wants heated seats for when we take road trips.

Thing is the rebuild on the Bronco will hopefully be done in the next month or so. The '84 GMC Short bed K10 4x4 is up next. It'll go frame off, but it's not in horrible shape - so likely a year or so to get that thing done. Again - I really don't want a daily that I'm modifying for more power.

I'm waffling back and forth right now. Who know. Meanwhile I'll keep driving mine. The funny thing is? If I got another Mustang, I'd likely go Magnetic Metallic, Velocity Blue - or search for a unicorn - 2018 GT Premium in Royal Crimson LOL.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Man that sucks...but i totally get it. I would be interested in your spec 2+ clutch setup and possibly your gt350 axles.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Man that sucks...but i totally get it. I would be interested in your spec 2+ clutch setup and possibly your gt350 axles.
You interested in just the clutch or the entire setup?

I have the Stage 2 clutch kit (brand new in the box) (new $400)
Spec Billet Steel flywheel (NIB) (new $490)
Ford motorsports flywheel bolts (NIB)
Ford OEM slave cylinder (NIB)

GT350 axles...
HOLY CRAP the price on these axles jumped.
I paid @ $350 for both axles and (2) new axle nuts.

The axles are now right at $100 MORE for each axle. Across the board.
IF you are serious I'd cut you a deal on everything.

PM me.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so Clutch, Flywheel, Axles are all spoken for.

I have the Gigs Engineering 77mm throttle body, JLT intake with extra filter etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_2292.jpeg
Well couldn't turn down the deal. Scored a new '19 GT 6 speed base car. I really couldn't go Magnetic again. I leaned towards Kona Blue - but after seeing one on the lot that was a bit dirty - too much upkeep for a daily drive (like black). Kept going back to Ingot Silver. My local dealer (same one I bought my '17 V6) from actually transferred a silver base 6 speed in from NC. Ended up paying a bit under invoice so they treated me right.

Got it home yesterday and got my Sync 3 conversion from my '17 installed. It's ridiculously easy in a '19. No harness or media hub needed. Just remove the base APIM / Screen and replace with the new one. Everything plugs right up. Everything works great. Waiting on programming info so I can get the drive modes enabled.

Got the toggle hazard working, steering mode working, traction control toggle working - but no drive modes. I even tried using the appropriate as built lines from a base 6 speed '19 with the 301A package. Drive mod toggle does nothing - but it worked fine on my '17.

They also gave me a really good price for my '17. I'll get some better pictures later. I swapped the 19x10 SVE S350 wheels from my '17 onto the '19. Just got back inside from installing my jacking rails from the '17, going back out to install the front Steeda 2 point brace and the rear Steeda IRS braces (All from my '17).

Early impressions. The car is ridiculously strong in the mid to upper RPM range. The 3.55 gearing actually works pretty damn well with the regeared 6 speed. Of course the Coyote pulls like a freight train once you let it eat.

The factory exhaust - I can't get over how good it sounds. I might add a H pipe to delete the resonator, but other than that it's staying stock. The new headlights - I never looked to see what changed - but they are ridiculously better than the '17 lights at night. The steering wheel seems thicker and covered in what feels like leather, definitely an upgrade over the OEM '17 wheel.

I knew the radio / menu steering wheel switches flipped position - but it will take a while to get used to it.

I can't stand the base GT dash trim - looks like silver with fish scales. I actually want to score a set from an earlier V6 car in the more subdued black / carbon.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
IMG_2292.jpeg
Well couldn't turn down the deal. Scored a new '19 GT 6 speed base car. I really couldn't go Magnetic again. I leaned towards Kona Blue - but after seeing one on the lot that was a bit dirty - too much upkeep for a daily drive (like black). Kept going back to Ingot Silver. My local dealer (same one I bought my '17 V6) from actually transferred a silver base 6 speed in from NC. Ended up paying a bit under invoice so they treated me right.

Got it home yesterday and got my Sync 3 conversion from my '17 installed. It's ridiculously easy in a '19. No harness or media hub needed. Just remove the base APIM / Screen and replace with the new one. Everything plugs right up. Everything works great. Waiting on programming info so I can get the drive modes enabled.

Got the toggle hazard working, steering mode working, traction control toggle working - but no drive modes. I even tried using the appropriate as built lines from a base 6 speed '19 with the 301A package. Drive mod toggle does nothing - but it worked fine on my '17.

They also gave me a really good price for my '17. I'll get some better pictures later. I swapped the 19x10 SVE S350 wheels from my '17 onto the '19. Just got back inside from installing my jacking rails from the '17, going back out to install the front Steeda 2 point brace and the rear Steeda IRS braces (All from my '17).

Early impressions. The car is ridiculously strong in the mid to upper RPM range. The 3.55 gearing actually works pretty damn well with the regeared 6 speed. Of course the Coyote pulls like a freight train once you let it eat.

The factory exhaust - I can't get over how good it sounds. I might add a H pipe to delete the resonator, but other than that it's staying stock. The new headlights - I never looked to see what changed - but they are ridiculously better than the '17 lights at night. The steering wheel seems thicker and covered in what feels like leather, definitely an upgrade over the OEM '17 wheel.

I knew the radio / menu steering wheel switches flipped position - but it will take a while to get used to it.

I can't stand the base GT dash trim - looks like silver with fish scales. I actually want to score a set from an earlier V6 car in the more subdued black / carbon.
Congrats! My favorite color....had two silver Stangs. If i was stateside i would swap dash with you. I love that GT dash trim

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! My favorite color....had two silver Stangs. If i was stateside i would swap dash with you. I love that GT dash trim
Thanks. I will likely pick up a set from a V6 or EB car. My wife's car ('17 EB Premium Ragtop) she wants me to paint the chrome rings around the AC vents black. So I'm going to get a spare set to take apart and see what's what.

Got the rear Steeda IRS braces and the front Steeda 2 pt brace installed. The difference in handling / ride is pretty crazy. I would recommend those two mods to anyone on a S550.

UPS says your stuff should get there Monday. Let me know when you get it. Still can't find those damn new axle nuts. Check the packages when you get back CONUS - it might be in one of those boxes for all I know at this point. LOL.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Thanks. I will likely pick up a set from a V6 or EB car. My wife's car ('17 EB Premium Ragtop) she wants me to paint the chrome rings around the AC vents black. So I'm going to get a spare set to take apart and see what's what.

Got the rear Steeda IRS braces and the front Steeda 2 pt brace installed. The difference in handling / ride is pretty crazy. I would recommend those two mods to anyone on a S550.

UPS says your stuff should get there Monday. Let me know when you get it. Still can't find those damn new axle nuts. Check the packages when you get back CONUS - it might be in one of those boxes for all I know at this point. LOL.
You should have let me know eariler...Haha I swapped by base carbon trim back into my 6 before trading. I have the 50th AP spun aluminum dash sitting in my office right now.

PS: Taking the chrome trim off of the AC vents is very easy. The trim is removable from the body of the vent and just held together by clips so you can remove it and paint without needing to mask anything.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

Did you have the PP K-member parts? I wondered if the 2-point track brace is worth the upgrade in comparison to the PP parts. I have the PP K-member parts installed. Still thinking of picking up the track brace.
Sponsored