Sponsored

Lowering a Magneride Ecoboost

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
The wheel gap on my 18 Ecoboost has to go... but NOT MY MAGNERIDE SUSPENSION! :)

I've only seen three options for magneride lowering springs:
Ford Performance
Steeda
Pedders

I believe they're all rated for GT/350 weights, so I've heard the fronts will be higher on my EB.
Has anyone lowered their 18/19 Mageride Ecoboost? If so, what are your thoughts and which did you use? I'm leaning towards the Pedders, as they're the biggest drop at 1.18".

I'd love to hear any other suggestions. Thanks!

IMG_6549_50_51-Edit-2.jpg
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The wheel gap on my 18 Ecoboost has to go... but NOT MY MAGNERIDE SUSPENSION! :)

I've only seen three options for magneride lowering springs:
Ford Performance
Steeda
Pedders

I believe they're all rated for GT/350 weights, so I've heard the fronts will be higher on my EB.
Has anyone lowered their 18/19 Mageride Ecoboost? If so, what are your thoughts and which did you use? I'm leaning towards the Pedders, as they're the biggest drop at 1.18".

I'd love to hear any other suggestions. Thanks!

IMG_6549_50_51-Edit-2.jpg
I am likely going to be rolling the dice and purchasing the Steeda dual rate springs soon, as I autox a lot. I'll post in the future of my thoughts. I've looked and there are barely any threads for gt's and I have not found one for the ecoboost. So it's a gamble for sure

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I feel like I've read about at least one EBPP/MR owner here who has installed the Steeda MR springs - Steeda only makes the one application for both GT and EB cars. Drop on the front was slightly less than with a GT, kind of a duh. It wasn't a lot different, something like 1/4" higher on the front with the EB, which is about what I would expect. I don't know if that's enough to worry about, but I'm not likely to ever lower my car...

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I messaged Steedatech and both him and Jigar confirmed nothing to worry about as they have tested it on the shop eco. I believe Steeda to be extremely reputable so I trust them. I just put my order in the for the dual rates and a set of camber plates.

I'm hoping to have them installed with an alignment within the next two weeks. I'll be sure to post an initial review once in. Real review can't happen until autox season in the fall.

OP
OP

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback. I got an email back from steeda, but they said "final ride height will be where our Steeda engineers wanted it to be regardless of your stock ride height."

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Thanks for the feedback. I got an email back from steeda, but they said "final ride height will be where our Steeda engineers wanted it to be regardless of your stock ride height." and never addressed my question about it being an ecoboost.
Don't worry I'll be your test dummy

OP
OP

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
They did follow-up:

"We have tested the springs on the Ecoboost Mustang and the amount of drop is approximately one inch.
We have never compared the "starting" height of an Ecoboost Mustang w/magneride to a GT with magneride."

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda MR springs on my EBPP. The drop wasnt quite an inch, and i used a 1/8" spacer in the back to try to keep the back from being lower than the back. Not really happy with the amount of drop. The EB starts with smaller diameter tires than the GT so it needs more drop to fill the gap, unless you want to switch to taller tires. When i started looking, I didn't find the Pedders, but i did find them recently. Ive been considering switching to them to see if i got a better drop with them than the Steeda.

Photo May 03, 7 54 10 PM.jpg

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The EB starts with smaller diameter tires than the GT so it needs more drop to fill the gap, unless you want to switch to taller tires.
Actually all the S550 tires whether they are 17", 18", 19" or 20" all have the same overall diameter. The only exception is the back tires on a GT with the Performance Package which are .7" larger in diameter.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I have the Steeda MR springs on my EBPP. The drop wasnt quite an inch, and i used a 1/8" spacer in the back to try to keep the back from being lower than the back. Not really happy with the amount of drop. The EB starts with smaller diameter tires than the GT so it needs more drop to fill the gap, unless you want to switch to taller tires. When i started looking, I didn't find the Pedders, but i did find them recently. Ive been considering switching to them to see if i got a better drop with them than the Steeda.

You got the sports or the dual rates?

Car looks good I really like the stance.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

I agree - it looks good, in more ways than one!

TJ

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

There we go... I was totally drawing a blank on who had done that install, and I only think about the grille delete when I think about your car. The whole package is just friggin' fantastic, though, I love how your car has turned out. I personally wouldn't drop it any further, but I kinda like how my fully-stock car sits anyway... Outstanding, RB!

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase

At the time, there was only one option, it was a few weeks later before the other was released. Went to look up the order, it was the sport springs. I think they’d be great with 275/40/19, but I’d personally like a hair more for the 285/35/19 that I went with, which are actually about 0.17” smaller than factory. 0.18” lower of the Pedders sounds just right for me.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
There we go... I was totally drawing a blank on who had done that install, and I only think about the grille delete when I think about your car. The whole package is just friggin' fantastic, though, I love how your car has turned out. I personally wouldn't drop it any further, but I kinda like how my fully-stock car sits anyway... Outstanding, RB!
Thanks! I do it for me, but it’s nice to know others like it too. :) Next up is red Brembos from the Bullitt! :D (I’ll be saving for a little while for that)