Sponsored

Can't decide: New 2019 GT 301A or used 2017 GT Prem. PP1?

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
So... this weekend I got to test drive the base GT w/ A10 and the PP1 w/ MT82 back to back. I started with the A10. The auto was quick, fun and handled well. Then went back for the PPI taking the same test drive route. The PP1 manual was way more fun to drive and much more of a true sports car IMO. I was not expecting the rev matching feature to work as well as it did. Those downshifts! :rockon: It was a no brainer at that point.

You only live once and you can't take with you when you go. Loosened up the budget a little and left the dealership with a smile and a new car! Picking it up this weekend. It's going to be a looong week.
You made the right choice.
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Congrats man! Enjoy the ride!

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
With a manual it's sports. High highs like a swish, or a line drive, just satisfying when going well. There are lows to a stick, including raw acceleration which is better in the A10.

But MT is really the way to go. This car has a great MT. Maybe play with different clutch springs to tune the feel. I got one from Steeda but plenty like the stock one.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks everyone. It's going to be a fun adventure!

Sponsored

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
Thanks everyone. It's going to be a fun adventure!
Congrats, beautiful car! a lot of fun Im sure you will enjoy it a lot. Now just drive the thing!! Manual is much more fun for sure, only option for someone that loves driving

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Nice color!

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Well, I was in a similar boat as you a few weeks ago. I wasnt going to buy new, but for me it was buy a 15-17 or wait for a used '18 that was in my price range. I knew I wanted to have the premium package and a manual and that I was gonna boost it. After thinking about it and reading, I decided the 15-17 was gonna fit my needs better. For me, if I wasn't planning on boosting the 18+ would be the way I'd probably want to go though, and probably an auto.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats man, great color! Same as you and same as Dark Pony, I was in the same boat but went with a 16 GT PP1, mainly due to purely subjective personal preference with regard to the styling, as I was not a fan of the refresh. However, I also don't have the same performance level, new car warranty, etc. Life is always a trade off, as long as you have what you love, that is all good!

Enjoy it!

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks! I have had the car for almost 2 months now. Love it more and more every time I drive it. It's not the perfect car but it has exceeded all my expectations. This thing is stupid crazy fast!

Sponsored

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I have had the car for almost 2 months now. Love it more and more every time I drive it. It's not the perfect car but it has exceeded all my expectations. This thing is stupid crazy fast!
Awesome! Great to hear. I hear you on the stupid fast part, my last fast car war a 2009 WRX with a stage 1 tune (335 HP) and that was a fast car. The GT is "Yikes, we are WAAY over the speed limit already, slow down" fast.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Congrats! Great choice. Best of luck with it.

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Congrats man, great color! Same as you and same as Dark Pony, I was in the same boat but went with a 16 GT PP1, mainly due to purely subjective personal preference with regard to the styling, as I was not a fan of the refresh. However, I also don't have the same performance level, new car warranty, etc. Life is always a trade off, as long as you have what you love, that is all good!

Enjoy it!
I agree, the 15-17 had a slightly more aggressive look to me. The 18 has the performance edge, but if you add boost into the mix, it's kinda a moot point for me. If your into automatics it's a no brainer with with the 18+

Mr.Mustang_55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
German
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 and 2018 Nissan Rogue
Vehicle Showcase
I've wanted a performance car for years. Absolutely love the Mustangs. I've been shopping for one as my second car for summer driving only. I have come down to 2 different Stangs based on my budget. Financing is my only option for ownership. I am comfortable with the payments, can't afford to buy it outright. Not willing to wait any longer because I will be too damn old to enjoy my dream car. Midlife crisis? Maybe?

Mustang 1 is a velocity blue 2019 GT, 10 sp auto, 301A package w/nav.
Mustang 2 is a oxford white 2017 GT Premium PP1, manual, 10,000Km, BLIS, +Eibach lowering springs.

The difference in price after all costs including the large difference in interest charges is only $1226 more for the brand new car.

If buy the 2019 I am loosing features such as the leather heated/cooled memory seats, all PP1 features, BLIS and a few of the other finer things the Premium offers.
I would be wanting to lower the 2019 and change the rims/tires right away (the stock wheels are butt ugly). That's bumping my 2019 cost up an additional $3K higher.
The 2017 requires no upgrades. I would leave it stock. I prefer the look of the front fascia on the 2017, but prefer the rear of the 2019.

I could go either way on the color. The blue is stunning, the white is classy with the black accents. Leather is nice but not a deal breaker. The manual is fun to drive but the 10 speed is so damn quick it's hard not to want it.
If used car interest rates were lower than what Ford is offering for new cars this wouldn't be such a hard decision.

Looking for opinions. Thanks!
I had a 2016 and i just got a 2019 with 301A with PP1. Go 2019 you won't regret it

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I had a 2016 and i just got a 2019 with 301A with PP1. Go 2019 you won't regret it
I did! About 5 months ago. Got the 301A +PP1 +active exhaust. Been loving this car ever since!
Sponsored