Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
I’m guessing $4k for the hi-po and another $2k for the handling package so $6k for the whole deal. This way a base eco plus both is still several grand under a base gt, maybe that’s a sweet spot ...
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I think it's bigger than you'd expect. They'll obviously charge a nice premium for that package, similar to the PP Level 2.
What they'll charge for it. And how many will actually sell are two different things entirely. Since its completely parts bin. Even if they only sell a few thousand. Its a win for Ford.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I’m totally the guy this package is geared towards... if I could have gotten the PP2 under the turbo 4 I would have. I’ll probably do a few track days before I die, but they’re not my main interest - potential for significant damage is too high for my daily driver, so I’ll be sticking to AutoX. I think this package has a lot of potential to provide usable performance, so it should be a treat to drive.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I’m totally the guy this package is geared towards... if I could have gotten the PP2 under the turbo 4 I would have. I’ll probably do a few track days before I die, but they’re not my main interest - potential for significant damage is too high for my daily driver, so I’ll be sticking to AutoX. I think this package has a lot of potential to provide usable performance, so it should be a treat to drive.
Could not agree more.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
They may not give accurate numbers, but usually the methodology is consistent and I think that might be more valuable. I know I never ran their numbers stock, but that could also be because I'm not interested in repeatedly launching my car hard to figure out the perfect launch and because I'm not on a prepped area to test it like they probably are.
Completely agree. The value of magazine tests (well, C&D and MT at least) is not to tell you how fast YOU will go on a particular day under particular conditions. It’s to compare different cars they test day to day, year to year. They use the same methodology for each test and same environmental corrections. So if you want to see how a stock GT will compare to a stock first gen Viper, for example, you can. It’s not perfect but much more apples to apples than person X driving in track Y at condition Z. I personally could care less how fast a car goes through the traps but it’s a nice way of comparing accel between different cars.

Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm with you on this one - until I see mid-4's from multiple sources, I'm calling BS. My car is built just like the HP minus the engine upgrades, and using the track apps I see 6.1's every time I run to 60. I'm not exactly impressed with that performance, but there's no way a handful of HP is going to shave 1.5 seconds to 60. My car has never known anything but 93, so I figure it's as healthy as a fully stock car can be.
I'm pretty sure track apps is off most of the times by a good 2/10. It's strange that you are seeing 6.1 sec with mods. I'm stock and with good weather I can hit 5.6-5.7s, I am '16 auto non PP and always use 93 octane.
My guess is that this new HPP will be in the 4.7-4.8 secs (since rated numbers are not easy to replicate)..We'll find out soon.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Completely agree. The value of magazine tests (well, C&D and MT at least) is not to tell you how fast YOU will go on a particular day under particular conditions. It’s to compare different cars they test day to day, year to year. They use the same methodology for each test and same environmental corrections. So if you want to see how a stock GT will compare to a stock first gen Viper, for example, you can. It’s not perfect but much more apples to apples than person X driving in track Y at condition Z. I personally could care less how fast a car goes through the traps but it’s a nice way of comparing accel between different cars.
Agree 100%, similar to using EPA figures for gas mileage as it uses standard tests to rule out driving styles and differing road and traffic conditions.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I'm pretty sure track apps is off most of the times by a good 2/10. It's strange that you are seeing 6.1 sec with mods. I'm stock and with good weather I can hit 5.6-5.7s, I am '16 auto non PP and always use 93 octane.
My guess is that this new HPP will be in the 4.7-4.8 secs (since rated numbers are not easy to replicate)..We'll find out soon.
Just for clarity, my car is almost stone stock, but equipped like the HPP - EBPP (3.55, springs, sways, GT brakes), plus Magneride and drive modes. The only "mod" is wheels/tires where I went with 19x10 and 285/35's, but they don't really affect 0-60 capability (much). I put my Pirelli PZero's back on last weekend and the first 0-60 was like 6.8 sec because they were just not hooking up. Second run was 6.0 with no spin, I guess a little heat helped. Still a long way from mid-5's, though.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Pretty insane a 4 banger is making that much power stock. V6 TT's are making 340-400 stock. Though one thing confuses me - it has an RS engine. Every dealer and a lot of us were already under the impression the eco already shared the same engine but with a different head gasket? So the RS has a stronger block and piston set up than the original eco?

It will also come down to price. It will be better on gas, sure, but you also will be using high test 93 octane so it washes out.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Pretty insane a 4 banger is making that much power stock. V6 TT's are making 340-400 stock.
You are probably looking at 280-290 at the wheels out of the 2.3. I'm guessing the v6 numbers you are quoting are probably at the wheels.

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
My Kia stinger made about 320 to the wheel with a 3.3TT. Bigger engine, more pistons, bigger displacement and only gets 320 compared to a 4 banger making 290 getting 26 MPG. That's impressive. Though with my current mods, I have it about 400 whp.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's bigger than you'd expect. They'll obviously charge a nice premium for that package, similar to the PP Level 2.
What they'll charge for it. And how many will actually sell are two different things entirely. Since its completely parts bin. Even if they only sell a few thousand. Its a win for Ford.
Demand will depend on the price. If the price is in even the GT PP1 range I don't think many will go out the door but if they keep the price a couple of grand under that could change things. Since 99% of this car is parts bin that is doable as long as Ford's quest for profits doesn't override good sense.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Nice thing about the 2.3 Hi-PO 4 cylinder is you don't have to find a dealer with an allocation. The 2.3 Hi-PO will sell far greater than most expect.

Spoolie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 ecoboost
My Kia stinger made about 320 to the wheel with a 3.3TT. Bigger engine, more pistons, bigger displacement and only gets 320 compared to a 4 banger making 290 getting 26 MPG. That's impressive. Though with my current mods, I have it about 400 whp.
I mean... It's still a Kia. The q60 makes over 400 stock

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Nice thing about the 2.3 Hi-PO 4 cylinder is you don't have to find a dealer with an allocation.
I'm not sure this is correct. Why wouldn't the dealer still need a Mustang allocation regardless of engine?
Sponsored