Sponsored

Vortech fueling for E85 and 750-800 RWHP 2018 GT

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i deal with this with probably 50% of FI customers..

car - 30-55k
blower / fi - 6-10k
wheels - 2k
suspension - 2k
how cheap can we go on fuel.....

fuel and air are what makes a car breathe.. spend a few bucks, it's worth it!!!
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Annnnnnnnd with that close up this thread LOL.

Nothing more to discuss.

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
DW400 with a Vortech boostapump on E85 with the stock fuel lines/regulator will tap out around 725-730hp. I don't care if your throw DW1500s in there, a single dw400 / no return won't safely support any more than that. Even their website says 750hp max @ 80psi on E85

OP
OP

fivepointslowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt
its all in the tuning I Guess?

LethalPerformance, Aug 28, 2018
We're running the JMS plug and play FuelMax on our 2018 GT along with the DW 415lph pump and ID1300's. We're on E85 and safely support the 800rwhp range. I've raced the car and went [email protected] with this setup and datalogged it. Lund Racing reviewed the logs and everything looks good. They've got the same setup but are using the ID1050x's with the same results.

Hope that helps.

10008.jpg

http://www.lethalperformance.com/
561-753-8105
Whipple Superchargers Largest US Distributor, Lund Racing's Largest Dealer, McLeod Racing , Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, American Racing Headers, JLT Performance, Diode Dynamics, Anchor Room, Corsa, MBRP, Kooks Custom Headers, Stainless Works, Steeda, BMR, Eibach, UPR, Driveshaft Shop...
Like + Quote Reply Bookmark

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
its all in the tuning I Guess?

LethalPerformance, Aug 28, 2018
We're running the JMS plug and play FuelMax on our 2018 GT along with the DW 415lph pump and ID1300's. We're on E85 and safely support the 800rwhp range. I've raced the car and went [email protected] with this setup and datalogged it. Lund Racing reviewed the logs and everything looks good. They've got the same setup but are using the ID1050x's with the same results.

Hope that helps.

10008.jpg

http://www.lethalperformance.com/
561-753-8105
Whipple Superchargers Largest US Distributor, Lund Racing's Largest Dealer, McLeod Racing , Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, American Racing Headers, JLT Performance, Diode Dynamics, Anchor Room, Corsa, MBRP, Kooks Custom Headers, Stainless Works, Steeda, BMR, Eibach, UPR, Driveshaft Shop...

Like + Quote Reply Bookmark
Sigh. Yes, we all know that lethal did that. Lund and pretty sure PBD have since changed their minds and won’t tune a BAP’d dw400 for E85 due to concerns. Not sure what you’re trying to prove.

Sponsored

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
My personal experience with boost:
I have an 18, Whipple 3.0, full exhaust and run the DW400, JMS BAP and ID1050X injectors on E85 - Jon Lund Tuned.
3.875 pulley and 93 octane tune was solid and had no issues.
I then made the switch to E85 / 3.625 pulley and working with the initial tune the car struggled to hold fuel pressure. The initial 22V BAP setting dropped hard at 6000 rpms and I tried the 18 Volt setting where it would only drop minimally at 7,000 rpms.
Being one of the early ones with this combo and us seeing the fuel inconsistencies, my data was the reason Lund chose to kabosh the DW400/E85/BAP combo (sorry... or actually, you're welcome.. Lol) He had to make the safe decision and I know it saved motors out there.
However, I rolled the dice and It got me through last summer and down to a 9.8 @ 145mph.
This year, with the new trans and fresh E85 and the larger 3.8 pulley I made a full pull/log this weekend and in cold 41* really good air my fuel pressure just couldn't keep up. I have played on the edge too long already and don't want to gamble any longer.
So can the DW400/BAP/3.6/E85 work, barely but yes as long as everything is in peak, perfect working order... But it is on the RAGGED edge.
Time for a fuel system for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP

fivepointslowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt
Sigh. Yes, we all know that lethal did that. Lund and pretty sure PBD have since changed their minds and won’t tune a BAP’d dw400 for E85 due to concerns. Not sure what you’re trying to prove.
How is that proving anything, it was fact. SMDH .We wrapped this up awhile back and here we go again. I'll post my results whatever direction I decide to go and what direction my tuner decides my best option for me..If its E85, 93, 109, 120, or urananuim.. Hrsepla thank you, its all relavant in everyone's own situation, I have done my research and talked to real Guys who own a Vortech or Prochager and their experiences and what to expect. Thanks

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Everyone build your car. The way you want. If my dude wants that set up. I say go for it. Might work. Might not. This is why I don’t ask advice. Especially once I’ve made up my mind to do something a certain way.
Sponsored