OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Considering that he works in the industry as an OE engineer and has access to tools that most don’t and is one of those computer savant types, I’d say he can do anything we want.
Sponsored

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Considering that he works in the industry as an OE engineer and has access to tools that most don’t and is one of those computer savant types, I’d say he can do anything we want.
So can you flash 3.3 into 16-18 unit then?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
We haven’t tried it because it’s not a priority due to the hardware limitations that we believe exist, but it’s been done.

The difference between us and these other places is that everyone at Hextall works in engineering at the OE level. We aren’t dicking around with the same stuff the guys in France and Russia are because if it’s not stable we can’t and won’t sell it. I have correspondence with one of the team that did the crack and it’s not anything that benefits what we do.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
We haven’t tried it because it’s not a priority due to the hardware limitations that we believe exist, but it’s been done.

The difference between us and these other places is that everyone at Hextall works in engineering at the OE level. We aren’t dicking around with the same stuff the guys in France and Russia are because if it’s not stable we can’t and won’t sell it. I have correspondence with one of the team that did the crack and it’s not anything that benefits what we do.
Not trying to argue here but just stating facts...It cannot be done because the partition that holds the application image on the 16-18 units is only 1GB vs 1.5GB image size of the 3.3/3.4...

I'm in the same team of the "guys that did the crack" so I suggest you double-check your info before posting here

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
And btw we have done it, and I don't know how it's not beneficial to anyone to install 3.4 on a 2016 unit rather than changing the whole unit...

Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Make up your mind. You did it... but it’s not possible? Lol I don’t need to check my facts. One of the people that you were involved with gave one of my guys info on what your team was doing. It’s my understanding you wanted to keep the “how” a secret because of the “rules” you software guys adhere to regarding vulnerabilities.
It doesn’t benefit my customers if it’s unstable. What you and I consider stable is probably quite different. I’m not software, I’m systems (engine calibration) what my guys do with the APIM in applications such as this is their business.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
And btw we have done it, and I don't know how it's not beneficial to anyone to install 3.4 on a 2016 unit rather than changing the whole unit...
No need to get into an e-peen measuring contest, man. The more people hacking away at this stuff, the better.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Make up your mind. You did it... but it’s not possible? Lol I don’t need to check my facts. One of the people that you were involved with gave one of my guys info on what your team was doing. It’s my understanding you wanted to keep the “how” a secret because of the “rules” you software guys adhere to regarding vulnerabilities.
It doesn’t benefit my customers if it’s unstable. What you and I consider stable is probably quite different. I’m not software, I’m systems (engine calibration) what my guys do with the APIM in applications such as this is their business.
Unstable :cwl:

And yes it cannot be done by your "software engineer" but can be done by us...And yes we will keep it a secret and never release it because of ppl like you who'd claim it theirs and resell it to clueless guys...

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I like how you keep putting software engineer into quotes as if what my guys do isn’t actually happening.

I think people know why I’m here and it’s not to bullshit people or say “look what I did” and then pretend that you have national security codes. You are aware that corporate espionage is rampant in the auto industry, right? Or that there are teams of people that get into systems such as Sync 3 or whatever GM junk is out there on a daily basis.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
I've never heard of a txt file that needs a software engineer to modify....plus I've never seen anyone getting into Sync 3 till now

Sponsored

eddison

I've never heard of a txt file that needs a software engineer to modify....plus I've never seen anyone getting into Sync 3 till now
My two cents..your “group” has been boasting about being able to get into the file system of Sync 3 for over a year, and, at least for me, the “wow” factor has long worn off as you guys have waited far too long to do anything with it, either selling it or releasing the how-to for the public. I think I’ve now seen at least 4 people claiming to be from your club bragging around the internet, and I have to say that I have a ton more respect for Hextall, as he and his group are actually out to help people improve their vehicles for a fair price, and have delivered on what they have set out to do.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
My two cents..your “group” has been boasting about being able to get into the file system of Sync 3 for over a year, and, at least for me, the “wow” factor has long worn off as you guys have waited far too long to do anything with it, either selling it or releasing the how-to for the public. I think I’ve now seen at least 4 people claiming to be from your club bragging around the internet, and I have to say that I have a ton more respect for Hextall, as he and his group are actually out to help people improve their vehicles for a fair price, and have delivered on what they have set out to do.
We're not here to sell or make money...
Take a look at fordhacks.com

Acool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many different
Disclaimer, this is a really really long post.

you guys have waited far too long to do anything with it
Since you contacted me there, you may be aware of the F-150 thread where I help countless people with install issues, for free, because of the back-end knowledge of Sync we have as a result of the exploit. For example, I resolved the MEM_ERR03 issue that forced many people to get new APIMs. Even the dealer is/was swapping out APIMs for it .... If that's not doing anything, I don't know what is.

I think people know why I’m here and it’s not to bullshit people
Ironically, BS'ing is exactly why Thestangb responded. And there is a backstory. Someone associated with Hextall contacted me via PM at the F-150 forum trying to jailbreak Sync asking for the root password, as if that's all that was left for them to unlock the system. After I helped as best as I could, including giving them the PW, it became clear from their follow-up that they were nowhere near being able to unlock it.

So they did try .... Spart's meme is hilarious, but Thestangb is just calling Hextall out on his BS. Considering they can't do it, don't have experience doing it, and wanted to do it, it's a lot more in the BS/Bashing category when he says any of the following, which are clear jabs sparked by my recommendation a few posts back.

It’s important to understand that we, as a business, can’t sell hacked software.
It's important for Hextall where "everyone works in engineering at the OE level," to understand what we do is not hacked software. It's official software, and there's no difference with us putting an OS Ford didn't intend on a 16-18 APIM than Hextall putting an OS Ford didn't intend on a 4" 19 APIM. Well there's an obvious difference, to create what we did actually requires a software engineer. To do what Hextall did, well, requires Notepad.

I highly doubt it will which is one reason why we haven’t been flashing 3.4 into 16-18 APIMs.
That may be one reason Hextall hasn't been flashing 3.4 into 16-18 APIMs, but that reason is eclipsed by the other reason which is because his software engineer can't. Kudos for being so concerned about usability of the APIM for future non-existent and unknown uses that he even admits is speculatory. But if he's genuinely concerned, maybe he should also be concerned about the 1GB vs 2GB RAM limitation of the 19 4" APIMs for future uses. On a side note, I want everyone to know that one of the reasons I did not try to marry Blake Lively is because her movie career would have interefered with our relationship. Also, another reason is because I have none of Ryan Reynolds' looks, fame, money, or humor. Maybe the second reason eclipses the first ....

I have correspondence with one of the team that did the crack and it’s not anything that benefits what we do.
Yep that's me, and the correspondence has nothing to do with the benefits, it's all questions on how to do it.

We haven’t tried it because it’s not a priority due to the hardware limitations that we believe exist
Blake Lively

We aren’t dicking around with the same stuff .... because if it’s not stable we can’t and won’t sell it
"Dicking around" - Jab. "Not stable" - Jab, and anyway how would you know it's not stable since "we havent tried"? Btw, it is as stable as Sync 3 itself, because it's Sync 3, unhacked. But wait, there's more to the story, you did try when "your guy" contacted me to try:

One of the people that you were involved with gave one of my guys info on what your team was doing.
Yes. And let's talk about that "one of my guys." Much like the many other people who PM me, he contacted me asking to help them get into Sync. He didn't disclose any association with Hextall. But he did give me the same spiel on his OE software engineer with tools and programs many don't have. He also promised that if I helped him he'd "publish his findings." If Hextall is charging for a notepad edit, I'll leave it to the reader of this long post to conclude what would have happened with the findings had he succeeded. So somehow somewhere after trying and presumably failing, he decided he didn't try and it was dicking around to do so and it's unstable and it's hacked software, and he doesn't BS.

The difference between us and these other places is that everyone at Hextall works in engineering at the OE level.
The guy that contacted me, who claims to be a software/IT guy, incorrectly referred to SSH as SSL. And anyway we just telnet.

It's all just comical to me. And there's still more to the story. That guy that Hextall refers to that contacted me, who didn't disclose anything about being associated with a commercial enterprise, i.e. Hextall, is on the F-150 forum promoting Hextall as if he's nothing more than a customer making a recommendation (who somehow has a discount code if you PM him). I'm glad Hextall himself refers to him as "one of my guys" because I didn't want to be the one concluding without more info that "one of his guys" was violating forum policies by promoting his commercial enterprise via deceptive posts. Anyone upset at Thestangb's tone or reference to "software engineer" in quotes just needs to look a little more closely at Hextall's conduct. Maybe he's saved 1000 puppies and everyone will come to his defense, but the above just sure looks like a whole lot of BS.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
@Acool.
I wasn't sure who or what you were referring to until I read your last paragraph. The person you are referring to is Brad, user name is something L. He's been a customer of ours for almost two years. When 4DTech screwed him over he came to us and we fixed the issues he had. He was ecstatic that I saved him some cash. When he sold that truck he came back to us for another kit. In fact, he just came back for some stuff for his wife. He is NOT an employee of mine nor does represent us in any manner. He showed me some info that you posted as well as some other files that were taken from this website and then deleted. To me it didn't look like anything we were going to explore right now.

People such as Brad are why we have a name. It's NOT because I try and fool people. I have given a way more info in the past two years than most people. We are in business because people wanted us to be in business and those who actually know me from phone conversations or in person meetings know that I do not BS people.

If you feel that I have because of what a customer said I think it's fair to state what is really going on. I have, as part of my team, an OE software engineer who's day job it is to work on multimedia systems for one of Ford's competitors. If you look at my location you can probably guess who he works for. You could also probably Google search which suppliers, such as Panasonic are located 5 minutes from us. It's a small fraternity, we all talk. At the OE level there is a process called benchmarking which is a nice way of saying "We secretly buy other companies stuff and then reverse engineer it so that we can beat it, (i.e. I know where a Sync 3 set up is with a different companies logo) Because of my background I have seen countless instances of people who don't really understand modern vehicles that attempt to modify something only to mess it up and leave people without a working product. That is why I have people that do this for a living working with me. I have never told anyone that I was a software or computer engineer. I am not. My background is in engine calibration and dynamometer testing. I rely on other people's expertise in areas where I am not. That's just smart if you're in any business.

If I refer to something incorrectly or say it's a hack it's because either I don't know exactly what you're doing or I see it as a potential issue if you don't flesh it out completely. (Yeah, yeah you use official Ford files but even Ford stuff can have issues) Your suggestion that people start with a NAV APIM and then load 3.4 onto is fine, but we are doing it our way to save people money. Plain and simple, it's not to fool people or take their money.

I want to make it clear we have never tried to put 3.4 onto a 16-18 APIM because I was told that it would not support things such as wireless Car Play or Android Auto. If I decide to look into flashing it in the future it will be because we have looked into it ourselves and made it work. We don't steal other people's work, hell, we barely use FORScan anymore. In fact, I'm glad that you told me who you were because I couldn't remember who it was that showed everyone the two step non-NAV up date process so that I can give you credit. (Which we don't sell, we give that to anyone for free) It's hilarious that you think we used Notepad or Notepad++ to put 3.3/3.4 on the 4" APIM. That was done with a file from Sam Reeves (who DID write his own install text file) and an official file from Ford that I had access to. There has never been an attempt to fool people as to what we are doing or to price gouge them. We are a business and therefore we have to profit to pay bills and to do things such as sponsor forums so that you can either provide free info or have your ego stroked. If you want further clarification do what most of our customers do and call 513-491-1327.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.