2015 GT test drive

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Pictures? They might tell us if it had the PP.
It is an auto and not LE, so not the PP. My guess is modified suspension.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hotwhls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
It is an auto and not LE, so not the PP. My guess is modified suspension.
It looks stock to me but I didn't get under it. Could it just be the tires? My V6 doesn't have lo-pros and the 15" does.

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
Yes low profile tires can give a "harsher" ride, I would check the air pressure in them also.
The bottom line is are you getting a good enough price that you could do some suspension work to make it a boulevard driver? Is that what your looking for?
Wheel and tire size are but one contributing factor to ride quality, as others have asked or commented you need to see if any after market suspension work has been done.
My '19 gt pp1 auto with magnaride is a very compliant very good handling/great road feel car, but that's my take on it, everyone has different expectations as to how their car should feel.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
With only 10k miles it probably still has the original tires and after three to four years of sitting they’re probably going to ride even more rougher.

From what you, OP, described is how my 16’ rode with 20’s. I felt every ripple, dipple, and any other irregularities in the road. On top of that, I bought it in December and the cooler to cold tires made it worse.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
The difference in ride between a 14 and 15 is night and day which leads me to believe it has modified suspension in some way. Does it have 20 inch wheels?

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
We all seem to forget a very important aspect when describing "harsher ride" and that's the tire's air pressure.For all you know the GT may have been overfilled? That will make a difference.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Buying a used mustang that has been modified (by who knows) is a gamble imo. You may have to pay the sins of the previous owners bad decision making. I owned a 14 GT/CS which was riding on base GT suspension and brakes. Compared to my 18 PP above 30 mph the ride is actually better than the pogo feeling 14. I would be looking for bone stock car if I was buying used.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Opinions on ride quality is like butts. Everybody has one but they are seldom the same. The OP had a BASE V6 Mustang. He test drove a GT. The GT has a FIRMER suspension. IRS adds to refinement and handling but the fact remains that the GT has stiffer springs, struts, anti roll bars and bushings. If the OP considers soft and compliant to be good, then I am not surprised that he found the GT to be stiffer and perhaps less comfortable.

For those who equate a good ride with firm and controlled, the GT is fine. Some even prefer the GT with PP since it is even firmer. Yes, tire size and tire pressure are play a large role in ride quality.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi, I was wondering if you can help me. I have a 2014 3.7 and took a 2015 GT. I always wanted to upgrade to the GT and found a low mileage 2015. Not the LE. I took it for a ride and it felt like a harsher ride. I felt many of the bumps and it just didn't drive as smooth as my 14. I was thinking it might be the low pro stock tires on the GT compared to the Nexens I have on my V6. Can you help me understand this? Thx.
Find a low mileage 2011-2014 GT Mustang,much BETTER CAR.Forget your thoughts on the so called upgrade,stick with the S197 series, you will be much happier and less problems.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have to disagree with that unless the car is used for drag racing

Sponsored

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I have to disagree with that unless the car is used for drag racing
I agree with you 100%. When I bought my 2015 brand new I also drove a left over 2014 that was on the lot. The 2015 rides so much nicer with the IRS and the interior is night and day over the 11-14's. Everyone has their own opinion about this, but this is the main reason I bought the 2015.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I agree with you 100%. When I bought my 2015 brand new I also drove a left over 2014 that was on the lot. The 2015 rides so much nicer with the IRS and the interior is night and day over the 11-14's. Everyone has their own opinion about this, but this is the main reason I bought the 2015.
Add me to the list. I had a '14 GT and while it was a fun car, it doesn't really compare in most areas to the '18. I had Recaro seats it the '14, which was nice, but that's because the S197 stock seats were terrible, in my opinion. The stock seats in the S550, while not as supportive as the Recaros, are way better than those in the S197, and since I wanted cooling, I went with stock. Aside from that, the interior of the S550 is noticeably better to anyone who has sat in it.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I went from a premium '14 V6 to a '15 base GT PP. Yes, much harsher ride, especially with the PP suspension. And yes you feel everything on the road, but that's the point of a race car.
Sponsored