Sponsored

BMR CB005 review

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I recently installed a BMR CB005 cradle bushing lockout kit (thanks GT 550)
Installation was straightforward , started on a hoist but worried about the car sliding forward when supporting the diff so did it on the floor. Still a pretty easy job, straight away had the alignment done which was now out.
Previously the car, a 2017 GT auto had fairly severe axle tramp (wheel hop) on a hard launch, enough to worry me about causing damage.
On a dry surface it is reduced by approx 70% depending on the road surface, however on a wet road not much improvement at all.
There is absolutely no hvh increase at all, drives exactly the same
Overall it's something that any one who likes to use a full throttle start without axle tramping like a overpowered 1970's Falcon should think about doing
Sponsored

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t be discouraged by the lack of replies, it’s just your timing.....
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bmr-cb005-install.60121/
If I was spending money on the IRS cradle right now, I’d be using the CB762 to be honest.
Nothing wrong with the CB005 and it suits 95% of users perfectly but the CB762 does it ALL!
I may even combine the two. We shall see after the next round of drag racing. :thumbsup:
Your observstion re: wheelhop and breakages is absolutely spot on.
Just last week a mate of mine snapped the input shaft on his Falcon after having done many passes at the strip. The difference this time? Wheelhop as it shifted into second :curse:

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Agreed, i've enjoyed mine. I feel the rear squirm instead of bounce. Much more confidence inspiring and in low traction situations definitely easier to control and feels more stable (those stock pirellis and cold road arent a great combo...)

I did read that adding the CB762 to the CB005 gets the maximum results Burkey (said by BMR) - Not sure what they say the CB762 alone does though

OP
OP
gj

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I know you could go on and on with these rear end mods but in my case its a stock auto so I don't really see the point
It's pretty decent the way its setup now.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, i've enjoyed mine. I feel the rear squirm instead of bounce. Much more confidence inspiring and in low traction situations definitely easier to control and feels more stable (those stock pirellis and cold road arent a great combo...)

I did read that adding the CB762 to the CB005 gets the maximum results Burkey (said by BMR) - Not sure what they say the CB762 alone does though
I could be totally wrong here but my understanding (based on what I can see) is that the CB762 does everything the CB005 does, but slightly better.
Having said that, the CB762 (IMO) is likely to transmit “some” noise into the car, although the level of noise will be entirely dependant on the other mods you might have in the rear already.
Eg. If you have a more solid diff-bush, I’d expect the extra noise transmitted into the cradle to be sent more directly into the vehicle.
In summary...
If you’re worried about NVH and already have other “noisy” parts in the rear, go CB005
If you’re more or less stock, the CB762 might be just fine.
If you’re already at “race car” noise and need more stability, just do it.
Pic below of why noise might be transmitted into vehicle more easily.
I’d be happy to be schooled in the matter by @BMR Tech though....
AC8ACD60-FECD-494D-B79F-5240157B4FED.jpeg

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I know you could go on and on with these rear end mods but in my case its a stock auto so I don't really see the point
It's pretty decent the way its setup now.
Agreed and i'm very happy with my CB005 that i have little desire to add anything else. Initially i was looking at the Steeda Stop the Hop kit but at well over $1k before installation i was hesitant, heard great things about the CB005 so gave it a go and can not complain at all for my usage

@Burkey we've gone way beyond my understanding already lol, but agree the metal on metal should as a result of logic mean it'll increase vibration

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed and i'm very happy with my CB005 that i have little desire to add anything else. Initially i was looking at the Steeda Stop the Hop kit but at well over $1k before installation i was hesitant, heard great things about the CB005 so gave it a go and can not complain at all for my usage

@Burkey we've gone way beyond my understanding already lol, but agree the metal on metal should as a result of logic mean it'll increase vibration
We have three (3) kits - starter, enthusiast & ultimate. We have had a lot of success with all three (3) kits but your part is also good.

TJ

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No doubt mate, and the reason i was aiming for Steeda initially is the rave reviews - Only issue in Aus is it's difficult to get anything except the higher tiers from our mod suppliers so the cost is quite a bit more for the products themselves compared to the BMR kit. I was actually really frustrated by that tbh as i was planning my build before I even got the car but my budget for the first 'necessities' (in my books) was somewhat limited and it would have meant forgoing other items.

That being said i went the Steeda Jacking Rails over any alternatives and boy have i been happy

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I run the cb005 with the steeda bushing inserts for the BMR. I could not be happier. No hopping at all and perfect alignment. For the money it’s the best mod I’ve done

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
^ I installed the cb005&006 with the Steeda "delrin" bushings. It just works. I canyon carve, but do some light to light and roll fun on these coastal hwy's. The squat and squirm to the right is fine with me, better than Hop & break shafts. Enjoy the twisty's more now due to the "Lock out" feature that keeps the pony flat thru the turns.
Sponsored