Sponsored

Roush Phase 2 dyno results

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Agreed the tuner is huge. You can’t go wrong with Lund, Palm Beach Dyno or VMP. Personally for Roush TVS I recommend VMP since their blowers are similar to Roush blowers and work with Roush on a lot of things so they are very zoned in on these set ups.
Sponsored

ckendri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You can’t beat VMP or PBD. I have a VMP blower, and I have a couple of tunes from each of these guys. I’m currently running my PBD tune, but will be getting my VMP tune datalogged once I get it back together. I don’t have any dyno numbers, but my car runs good with these tunes. I’m looking to dyno, but more importantly, I’m trying to get to a drag strip when it warms up. Also, if you want more whine pulley down and run an open air box. I hear that 69mm pulley calling your name. Haha.

OP
OP

sysquella

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt PP
800 wheel shouldn’t be a problem with the mentioned upgrades. You can read my signature for my setup but the tuner/VMP says I can go there with just another tune no problem but there’s always risk. I run a can of Torco in every tank as a safety margin. Heat becomes a problem and the original Roush intercooler is barely adequate for even their conservative tunes. I upgraded to an Adler radiator and an Afco intercooler and they’re doing a fine job of keeping temps lower.
Where did you find the afco intercooler at? Thanks. I’m considering buying the Adler radiator also.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Where did you find the afco intercooler at? Thanks. I’m considering buying the Adler radiator also.
Ordered through Brenspeed

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Hey @Guard5.0, I noticed something in your sig for a while now. How are you running a 75mm pulley and still be on a 93 octane tune? I always heard a 79mm pulley was the smallest you could run on 93? Sorry guys, not to F up the thread.

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Seems to work. Same thing Brenspeed was running on their white Roush car. It had an 85 and an 82 with the Roush tunes then Brenspeed put the 75 on with their tune. Kept it for the VMP tune.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m surprised it hasn’t grenaded yet with the 75mm pulley on 93 octane.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I’m surprised it hasn’t grenaded yet with the 75mm pulley on 93 octane.
Basically the same setup as the white Roush car that Brenspeed consistently ran mid 9’s with. I’m not nearly that hard on mine. Then again, if it pops I’ll get to build a new one.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Fathouse Fabrications (Johnson tuning) just did a s550 Roush with a 75mm and 93 octane at around 740 whp. There’s some out there. You just have to ditch everything but the SC which apparently is a nice little unit. Definitely approaching the 93 octane limit but if you’re worried about popping it I’d probably go corn and a fuel system.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Seems to work. Same thing Brenspeed was running on their white Roush car. It had an 85 and an 82 with the Roush tunes then Brenspeed put the 75 on with their tune. Kept it for the VMP tune.
Okay, fair enough. Just wanted to ask.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
On my third setup with a Roush 2300TVS. Would have preferred a Whipple this go around but got a good deal on this car and the Whipple setup I was gunning for sold before I could get over to see it. Your numbers on an 80mm pulley are respectable through a stick. Remember a dyno number is simply a tool to gauge improvement with. Dyno's are not regulated devices and can vary 15% from unit to unit. Repeatability on a given unit is more important so that the tuner can measure improvements compared to a starting baseline. A tune can make 650RWHP on a dyno but if it can't put it to the ground due to protections strategies in the tune it simply becomes a bragging right and a potential embarrassment.

The 47's will be good with the closed air box and the 80mm pulley but the RPM will likely be limited as compared to running 56# FI's or ID 1050X FI's as in my current setup. So rather than hitting the rev limiter at 7900+ you would be hitting the rev limiter at a lower point. Going with the third party tune is a very wise move on your part.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
On my third setup with a Roush 2300TVS. Would have preferred a Whipple this go around but got a good deal on this car and the Whipple setup I was gunning for sold before I could get over to see it. Your numbers on an 80mm pulley are respectable through a stick. Remember a dyno number is simply a tool to gauge improvement with. Dyno's are not regulated devices and can vary 15% from unit to unit. Repeatability on a given unit is more important so that the tuner can measure improvements compared to a starting baseline. A tune can make 650RWHP on a dyno but if it can't put it to the ground due to protections strategies in the tune it simply becomes a bragging right and a potential embarrassment.

The 47's will be good with the closed air box and the 80mm pulley but the RPM will likely be limited as compared to running 56# FI's or ID 1050X FI's as in my current setup. So rather than hitting the rev limiter at 7900+ you would be hitting the rev limiter at a lower point. Going with the third party tune is a very wise move on your part.
Best statement i have heard in awhile.Dont matter how much hp on the dyno if the tune is not right and torque management and other safety's are not set right.Pcm will just pull all the power when u take it down the strip.

rANDIANDI

Cashfed5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andi
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im in CA and tuned by AED made 670rwhp on 91 with a 79mm pulley, twin 67, pmas intake, and long tubes.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^^ AED is another that does good work. I assume Chris is still there? I bought his MGW shifter out of his 2012 some years back for the 13 I owned then. Great guy.

Dogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Roush stage 2, 80mm pully, ID 1050X,PBD tune, non auto. Made 650.39 rwhp with torque at 593. Boost was 11.27
Sponsored

Last edited: