Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
Dealer did not speak to the Ford Rep today but when I again asked the status of my ordered vehicle I was told that the cars which have been waiting the longest for a part will be the cars which receive the part last. So if there are thousands of Mustangs which need "something" it could be a long time before my ordered vehicle receives that "something."
Ford should have had everything resolved last month by 15th for cars with missing parts as that’s when they ended the double shifts to catch up with their back log.

Have you talked to Ford Performance directly yourself? I tend to get more information than my dealer by talking to Ford Performance.

It took a long to get mine shipped because they were waiting on the shipping company.
Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Ford should have had everything resolved last month by 15th for cars with missing parts as that’s when they ended the double shifts to catch up with their back log.

Have you talked to Ford Performance directly yourself? I tend to get more information than my dealer by talking to Ford Performance.

It took a long to get mine shipped because they were waiting on the shipping company.
I have spoken to Ford Performance a total of 3 times. The first time they were somewhat helpful, the second time was a waste of time and the third time I was told my car was built on March 15th and that is all they knew. When I mentioned the steering wheel issue I was told that they thought that issue was resolved.

Nobody knows where my car is and nobody at Ford seems to care. Unfortunately, this experience is causing me to second guess my choice of purchasing a 2019 GT350.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
I have spoken to Ford Performance a total of 3 times. The first time they were somewhat helpful, the second time was a waste of time and the third time I was told my car was built on March 15th and that is all they knew. When I mentioned the steering wheel issue I was told that they thought that issue was resolved.

Nobody knows where my car is and nobody at Ford seems to care. Unfortunately, this experience is causing me to second guess my choice of purchasing a 2019 GT350.
Mine was built March 15th and it was delivered last week. I had been tracking several GT350s being delivered to Tampa Bay. It seems the build number has little impact on the delivery schedule. The hold up was for steering wheels sourced from Mexico. There was a significant amount of Mustangs, Shelbys and Explorers built but could not be delivered from the factory. Now that the steering wheels are being supplied, it seems they are being installed based on how / where these vehicles were stockpiled, then shipped. Mine was the 1st delivered of the several I was tracking, but it was not the earlier build number. That is the best information I was able to obtain.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Today I'm going to my dealer and have a "come to Jesus" meeting with the owner. My car was completed 44 days ago and has not moved, according to the track your vehicle site. Today it shows 31 days till delivery and tomorrow it will be 32. That's all the info it provides. I've seen other cars built after mine get delivered! WTF! I'll report back any pertinent info I get from the dealer. I'm beyond frustrated with this fiasco!

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Today I'm going to my dealer and have a "come to Jesus" meeting with the owner. My car was completed 44 days ago and has not moved, according to the track your vehicle site. Today it shows 31 days till delivery and tomorrow it will be 32. That's all the info it provides. I've seen other cars built after mine get delivered! WTF! I'll report back any pertinent info I get from the dealer. I'm beyond frustrated with this fiasco!
Hope you get some answers.... mine was also 3/25 and car was delivered on 4/5 to the dealer.... very weird unless they still didn't have enough steering wheels for current production at that point...

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Mine has changed from 6/2 to 5/22

For those of you that are frustrated, I get it. I am a bit myself. But, I will say this process is very different then the last one. I know the steering wheels were an issue and sounds like transportation was also. Everything Im hearing and infact saw with the 19 suggest its worth the wait

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mine was built March 15th and it was delivered last week. I had been tracking several GT350s being delivered to Tampa Bay. It seems the build number has little impact on the delivery schedule. The hold up was for steering wheels sourced from Mexico. There was a significant amount of Mustangs, Shelbys and Explorers built but could not be delivered from the factory. Now that the steering wheels are being supplied, it seems they are being installed based on how / where these vehicles were stockpiled, then shipped. Mine was the 1st delivered of the several I was tracking, but it was not the earlier build number. That is the best information I was able to obtain.
The information I received from my dealer yesterday fits your exact scenario. My vehicle and most likely 03reptile’s vehicle are “buried” in the parking lot waiting for their steering wheel and when Ford decides to get to them they will. If your vehicle was one of the first to be set aside because it needed a steering wheel it will be one of the last to receive a steering wheel. Seems like an ass backwards way to sort through this issue but it seems if it is ass backwards then Ford will do it.

Congrats on your vehicle, Velocity Blue was high on my list of color choices.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mine has changed from 6/2 to 5/22

For those of you that are frustrated, I get it. I am a bit myself. But, I will say this process is very different then the last one. I know the steering wheels were an issue and sounds like transportation was also. Everything Im hearing and infact saw with the 19 suggest its worth the wait
Frustration is an understatement. My original delivery date was March 26th, at this point my vehicle may show-up 3 months later than expected. I certainly hope it is worth the wait.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Hope you get some answers.... mine was also 3/25 and car was delivered on 4/5 to the dealer.... very weird unless they still didn't have enough steering wheels for current production at that point...
My vehicle was supposedly built on 3/15 and my delivery date was between 3/26 and 4/4. With the new transportation issues it may not arrive until June. The status of my vehicle has not changed in 38 days.

Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Curious to see if they tell you what I was told yesterday. If your car was one of the first to be set aside because of the steering wheel issue it will be one of the last to receive a steering wheel.