Sponsored

What’s your plan when your warranty expires?

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
As soon as my warranty expires I’ll be doing the oil pump gears and a crank sprocket upgrade.

After all, that is the first step towards supercharging right?? :like:
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
As soon as my warranty expires I’ll be doing the oil pump gears and a crank sprocket upgrade.

After all, that is the first step towards supercharging right?? :like:
What is interesting is despite all the noise about them 2 or 3 years ago very few engine failures seem to be related to them.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Powertrain (hence engine) warranty goes for 5 years and 60k miles.. My 3 years bumper to bumper expires in a few days ... I will do nothing but oil changes and ...drive!

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Powertrain (hence engine) warranty goes for 5 years and 60k miles.. My 3 years bumper to bumper expires in a few days ... I will do nothing but oil changes and ...drive!
Just as an FYI, in case anyone is thinking of buying an extended powertrain warranty after their 3 year/36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty runs out but towards the end of their 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty... It appears to me from the Flood Ford website that the Ford Protect extended warranties are available only if your car is still within the bumper-to-bumper coverage period. That’s why I went ahead and bought my extended warranty now—just before my bumper-to-bumper warranty runs out next month—even though I still have 2 years left on the factory powertrain warranty. I was effectively just ensuring that my powertrain warranty would be extended from 5 years total to 8 years.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Ah the GT350... the last 'manual' Mustang...the 'one' that if the 'Germans' had a chance to make they would build...

COMPLETE with all the maintenance concerns and long term ownership woes of M3s/M5s/AMGs/Carreras of the past...

And Engines? Here I am worrying about the cost of replacement magnetic shocks in 5 years

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
BTW Ive found Zeigler was able to beat Flood Ford's price on my previous 2011 5.0 and now my 350. They were able to easily take the residual once I traded in the 2011 and apply it to the Shelby.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
pricing is going to vary for a GT to a GT350. also depends on which plan and what deductible, etc. but overall flood ford is competitive (though not the cheapest).
Top best plan and 200 deductible. Deductible got me to 1k.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just as an FYI, in case anyone is thinking of buying an extended powertrain warranty after their 3 year/36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty runs out but towards the end of their 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty... It appears to me from the Flood Ford website that the Ford Protect extended warranties are available only if your car is still within the bumper-to-bumper coverage period. That’s why I went ahead and bought my extended warranty now—just before my bumper-to-bumper warranty runs out next month—even though I still have 2 years left on the factory powertrain warranty. I was effectively just ensuring that my powertrain warranty would be extended from 5 years total to 8 years.
Are you sure about that? n last time I checked the powertrain still expires at 5 years from manufacturing date, no matter what extra warranty you buy...

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Thats right extended warranty does not extend the powertrain warranty. BUT most that is covered in the powertrain warranty if not all is usually covered in an extended warranty.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Top best plan and 200 deductible. Deductible got me to 1k.
Same here...bought my extended warranty for about 1k, and it’s paid for itself already. I just paid 200 copay to have the AC evaporator replaced. I bought the extended warranty the month after I purchased the car in 2016 and it was way cheaper back then. Now, they are more expensive. Glad I bought it for the AC alone.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Light it on fire and let it roll into a ravine. Any car without a warranty is an expensive turd:facepalm:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
My warranty will be voided before I even pick up the car lol

Dealer installed ST2 Whipple, Fore Fuel, E85 and a Lund tune. Warranty Smorranty. HAHA
Meh, I'd venture to guess you're still good, no?? Won't the dealer honor and back up their work in this scenario?
Sponsored