Sponsored

Ceratec in the MT-82?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just curious if anyone has put this stuff in their MT-82 yet. Along with engine oil, it says it's an additive for manual transmissions as well, and wondered if it may be a good additive to use instead of the MGC they offer when I switch my fluid to Synchroshift soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Just curious if anyone has put this stuff in their MT-82 yet. Along with engine oil, it says it's an additive for manual transmissions as well, and wondered if it may be a good additive to use instead of the MGC they offer when I switch my fluid to Synchroshift soon.
Before you switch your fluid just add ceratec into your oem oil. Drive and see if you like it.

If you do not, just switch to synchroshift.

P.S. this is my plan, but I do not have much free time lately.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No do not do this! Synchros require a certain amount of friction to function properly. Is why you need to use fluid that does NOT have any limited slip additives in it for the trans

The results are usually opposite of what you expect when the synchros have a fluid with friction modifier. Crunches and grindes on shifts.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No do not do this! Synchros require a certain amount of friction to function properly. Is why you need to use fluid that does NOT have any limited slip additives in it for the trans
Yeah, I figured that from the get-go, but when some say they use it, I can't understand how something so slick would be a benefit when synchros need to match gear speeds.

I think I'll just switch to BG Synch II and call it good.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Yeah, I figured that from the get-go, but when some say they use it, I can't understand how something so slick would be a benefit when synchros need to match gear speeds.

I think I'll just switch to BG Synch II and call it good.
I have bg sitting in a garage waiting to go into trans. But then I think - why not just add a little ceratec into old oil first and try it for like a moment? If it does not work then replace wih bg.

if liqui moly says it will work then I think it should work. And if it quiets/smoothes shifts - that is all I need.

Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm all for you testing! Let us know. Whole can or part of one?

Might pickup cheap bg alternative to flush with. Drain/ fill/ run 100 miles/ repeat. Rarely will a single fluid change on a manual trans completely remove old fluid. I should add due to the friction modifier we are discussing. Not just getting 2.7 qt out, but getting it all out of the synchros too

Last edited:

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Calimer cocktail. Smooth as glass, no weird noises, shifting is click, click, click.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I'm all for you testing! Let us know. Whole can or part of one?

Might pickup cheap bg alternative to flush with. Drain/ fill/ run 100 miles/ repeat. Rarely will a single fluid change on a manual trans completely remove old fluid. I should add due to the friction modifier we are discussing. Not just getting 2.7 qt out, but getting it all out of the synchros too
I'm not going to be able to do it soon. For this the car would need to be lifted at all 4 corners and I only have hardware to lift either front or back of the car.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I agree.. same reason i don't change it more is getting 4 corners level off the ground
Sponsored