Sponsored

Spacers

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Im looking at some 20mm to 25mm spacers. I've found plenty of post regarding pictures and torque of the spacers but cannot find the differences of spacer brands. Why are Eibachs $100 more per pair than many other hub centric spacers?
Sponsored

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It sounds like you are looking for bolt-on spacers, is that correct? I'd highly encourage you to get slip-on spacers paired with extended wheel studs from ARP or MSI. This setup is much safer than the bolt-on options out there and is battle proven in professional race series across the world, as seen here on Strom's PWC racecar.

42928461765_b8e59d14be_b.jpg

- Cory

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Does the average Joe with a daily driver really need to go the longer stud route? I agree they are required for competition cars...

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Does the average Joe with a daily driver really need to go the longer stud route? I agree they are required for competition cars...
Depends how hard on your car you are and where you're hard on it. Saw an Instagram guy last week post about snapping his bolt on ones going through a turn on the road. I never had issues with mine with my hard driving or at the drag strip when I went there, but it can happen. Slip on with extended studs is the safer route. If you want safe without extended studs, stick to 5mm or smaller spacers.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like you are looking for bolt-on spacers, is that correct? I'd highly encourage you to get slip-on spacers paired with extended wheel studs from ARP or MSI. This setup is much safer than the bolt-on options out there and is battle proven in professional race series across the world, as seen here on Strom's PWC racecar.

42928461765_b8e59d14be_b.jpg

- Cory
Where do you get the black wheel studs? I want to add slip on spacers to my car but do not like the color of the ARP wheel studs. They seem like a clash with the black Performance Pack wheels.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
If it helps, I run 8mm slip-on's with no extended wheel studs. 6mm is the safe bet, but I've had no incident with 52,000 miles on the set.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
For the most part no...It's a piece of mind thing.
Like said anything can happen.

I know its not a Mustang, but I've run wheel adapters/spacers on my Ram for over 70K miles and never had any problems.. They are 1.25" too.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Let's inject some reality here...if they were a real world problem they would not be available so readily as sellers and manufacturers would have been sued into oblivion already. I'm sure there are some inferior products and installers that can lead to problems, but you can't fix stupid...lol
I stand by my first post.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Let's inject some reality here...if they were a real world problem they would not be available so readily as sellers and manufacturers would have been sued into oblivion already. I'm sure there are some inferior products and installers that can lead to problems, but you can't fix stupid...lol
I stand by my first post.
I agree 100%. Most problems are probably because they are not being torqued down correctly. Regardless, I personally would rather have the extended studs and slip on spacers.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Free will and personal choices are great to have :fistbump:
Sponsored