Sponsored

Seatbelt rubbing neck solution

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I find the seatbelt position isn't ideal as it rubs on my neck. Not a problem if wearing a collar as I can just put my collar up like Elvis, but a pain with t-shirts. In the US, they can get FREE 'seat-belt extenders' from the dealer, which people say do the trick. Can't seem to get these (from dealers) in the UK and I didn't wan't to risk an ebay knockoff for an important safety item, so ordered from the US. Items were free, so only had to pay the usual ridiculous shipping charges. I can report though that they do indeed shift the postion away from the neck and onto the shoulder. They don't look very cool though!

IMG_4545.JPG

By the lock....

IMG_4548.JPG

or on the belt itself....
IMG_4549.JPG
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I find the seatbelt position isn't ideal as it rubs on my neck. Not a problem if wearing a collar as I can just put my collar up like Elvis, but a pain with t-shirts. In the US, they can get FREE 'seat-belt extenders' from the dealer, which people say do the trick. Can't seem to get these (from dealers) in the UK and I didn't wan't to risk an ebay knockoff for an important safety item, so ordered from the US. Items were free, so only had to pay the usual ridiculous shipping charges. I can report though that they do indeed shift the postion away from the neck and onto the shoulder. They don't look very cool though!
Don't look that bad. Like the centre armrest extension :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Thanks for the links, I think I used one of these from another post of yours. I called several dealers in the UK and none of them wanted to know. They don't do them and that's that.

Don't look that bad. Like the centre armrest extension :like:
Didn't even spot that! Yea, that does look cool
Armrest is new as well. From 5 spurs. A very nice product but a (very) minor inconvenience is that you lose the cupholders to put bits and bobs in (wallet, phone, spare seatbelt extender(?!) etc.). The perfect 'mark 2' solution would have a fancy hinged top to access these. I'll put in a request to Q-branch.

Sponsored

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
I just bought a pair of these off eBay.
IMG_20190426_195106.jpg

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does no one feed the seatbelt through the strap on the seat shoulder? This does help move the belt away from your neck as well as making it easier to reach the belt when you get in the car. I don't often do it though because I regularly need access to the back seats and I'm also afraid of causing wear to the little leather strap. It does make it more comfortable on those longer journeys though.

If anything, those seatbelt extenders look like they'd bring the belt closer to your neck?

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Does no one feed the seatbelt through the strap on the seat shoulder? This does help move the belt away from your neck as well as making it easier to reach the belt when you get in the car. I don't often do it though because I regularly need access to the back seats and I'm also afraid of causing wear to the little leather strap. It does make it more comfortable on those longer journeys though.

If anything, those seatbelt extenders look like they'd bring the belt closer to your neck?
I recall that before the cars came over here, there were reports over in the main section where the seat-belt strap had cut a gash into the vinyl, although I can't remember if it was the seat or just the strap. For this reason, I've also been affraid of using it.

The extenders definitely move the whole belt to the right; away from the neck and more onto the shoulder. Consequently, in the event of a colision, you'll slide out the other side and smash your head on the sterring wheel. Surely a small price to pay for a slightly more comfortable neck.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Seeing the photo I've figured out why I don't have the problem - the convertible belt is mounted way lower on the window-line (lower than my shoulder). Which probably also explains why putting it through the guide doesn't work well - it ends up twisted in a very odd way.

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Does no one feed the seatbelt through the strap on the seat shoulder?
Yep have done this since the car was new (don't often use the rear seats) No sign of any wear on the vinyl. Really makes the belt position more comfortable

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looking at mine today, the underside of the little leather loop on the seat shoulder is actually seatbelt webbing on the underside (MY17). I don’t recall my MY15 having this, so maybe durability issues have been addressed?

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Looking at mine today, the underside of the little leather loop on the seat shoulder is actually seatbelt webbing on the underside (MY17). I don’t recall my MY15 having this, so maybe durability issues have been addressed?
Mine is a 16 and its seatbelt webbing too

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB

ecosvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang
Yeah, OP here of the above solution. Super easy to do if you have a 1/2" drillbit. Makes the seatbelt angle very comfortable, and looks pretty good too. Worth every penny of the $15 IMO.
Sponsored