Sponsored

Modifications on my 18 EB PP - Where to go next?

OP
OP

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
I'm currently building my own short block and started a detailed thread that touches this idea. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-w-2-0-fusion-shortblock.121209/#post-2530604
I initially looked at throwing some darton sleeves into the 2.3 block, but there is still the external area between cylinders 2/3 that is thin and prone to cracking.
CSS tries to address both these issues to the tune of $635. Just don't know why you'd go through the trouble when a 2.0 block is an easy switch
Awesome build, but with two kids and everything else going on I just don't know if I would be able to find the time. I wish there was an "easy" button to do this lol.

mainian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB PP
I would upgrade the wastegate next.
don't know If I would see much benefit from it tbh.
The wastegate regulates boost pressure. You'd change your wastegate if you want to run either more or less boost or if you had a faulty wastegate. Boost spikes or inconsistent boost pressure are signs of a faulty wastegate.

Possible, but would it help anything? I am honestly not very knowledgeable on the DVs
The diverter valve or 'pressure relief valve' is placed after the turbo but before the air reenters the intake manifold. When you close the intake manifold, lift your foot off the accelerator, the air past the turbo is under pressure. The pressure needs to be relieved, or it will go back out the turbo because of the pressure drop on that side, and it could cause damage to the turbo.

Typically, you either have a 'vent to atmosphere' (bov) or 'recirculate' (bpv) by piping it back into the cold air intake. Most of the time, stock valves try to relieve as much pressure as possible to protect the turbo. Without going into details on how, aftermarket valves tend to keep more air pressure in the charges pipes so that the turbo has to do less work which leads to less time to pressurize the system.

This is basically an aside, but in a Mass Air Flow sensor system, a bpv is required. In a speed density fuel injection system, like our cars, you can run either. A bpv is generally quieter, unless you have a cold air intake that does not have an air box. Hot vs cold side and even BPV vs BOV is a rabbit hole you can spend hours reading if you want.

As always, you'd want to replace or repair a damaged or faulty valve.

BoostedMTBer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Awesome build, but with two kids and everything else going on I just don't know if I would be able to find the time. I wish there was an "easy" button to do this lol.
haha I feel ya. I've only got a puppy and that seems overwhelming at times lol. Was just saying building a block would be the same (if not more) effort than going the CCS route. Unfortunately my car is my daily and a spun a rod bearing forced my hand. There was a long delay on built short blocks and all the local engine builders are in busy season with all the race car guys.
On the plus side, your car is running fine:like: Get that catch can installed ASAP BTW! You can see in my pics how much carbon and gunk build up happens with these DI motors... I was shocked when i opened my engine up & it looked like it had 150K on it. I guess my regular seafoam intake & gas treatments weren't as effective as I'd hoped...

If you do want to go the built route, you can always pick and buy your parts and find a local engine builder to help you out.
Sponsored