Aircon stopped working

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
Had my evaporator replaced yesterday and today under warranty. My car is now out of warranty, but it was diagnosed prior to warranty running-out. Fingers crossed....
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a brand new 2018 plated Mustang yesterday. Returned it to the dealer first thing this morning as the air con isn’t working. They need my car until at least Tuesday to repair. Not a good start and very frustrating.
Hopefully it's something simple.......haven't read of any evaporator failures in 2018's.

Not really acceptable for them to be ripping the dash apart on a newly delivered car.

Had my evaporator replaced yesterday and today under warranty. My car is now out of warranty, but it was diagnosed prior to warranty running-out. Fingers crossed....
Mine is still going strong after the replacement, now a week out of warranty.

African PH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Race Red GT
Bought a brand new 2018 plated Mustang yesterday. Returned it to the dealer first thing this morning as the air con isn’t working. They need my car until at least Tuesday to repair. Not a good start and very frustrating.

I had the air con fail in my 2016 Mustang also.
Sorry to hear this. You would think that the folks who LIVE with their aircons all the time, could possible make an aircon??
I have to confess, once mine was "fixed", I got rid of it. I didn't buy a new car to be stripped by a local mechanic.
Sorry for the rant, but I am so disappointed

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I've got aircon issues again (re gassed no leaks found 15 months ago).
Yesterday noticed hot coming out drivers side and cooler air (not freezing) passenger side. Have it booked in to be looked at....any ideas on this. Talking to service guy he thinks an electrical switch issue....I'm not too sure.

Ideas? Car out of warranty September

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
I've got aircon issues again (re gassed no leaks found 15 months ago).
Yesterday noticed hot coming out drivers side and cooler air (not freezing) passenger side. Have it booked in to be looked at....any ideas on this. Talking to service guy he thinks an electrical switch issue....I'm not too sure.

Ideas? Car out of warranty September
When mine ran low on gas, there was different temperatures on the drivers and passengers sides. I'd suspect gas again (evaporator?), and hope they put tracer dye in when they regassed it 15 months ago so they can find the leak this time.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yeah 15 months ago they put dye in but found no leaks despite the system having little gas in it....go figure. I am suspect of anything they say or do. The main thing is it is all documented because if they gas it again and find no issues and I'm back in another 15 months I will be complaining loudly.
I love my car but I have never been back to the dealer with any other cars as much as this mustang.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Just had the car check today. The said the found the compressor was leaking so they are ordering a replacement to be fitted next week. Hopefully that's it because it runs out of warranty in September.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just had the car check today. The said the found the compressor was leaking so they are ordering a replacement to be fitted next week. Hopefully that's it because it runs out of warranty in September.
The symptoms you earlier described (including varying temps between left and right sides) was exactly what I had and it ended up being the evaporator which is the $$$$$ dash out job.

Hate to say it, but I suspect that's what your root cause is - make sure everything is documented.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
The symptoms you earlier described (including varying temps between left and right sides) was exactly what I had and it ended up being the evaporator which is the $$$$$ dash out job.

Hate to say it, but I suspect that's what your root cause is - make sure everything is documented.
Hey Drewbo your dead right there. I fear you may be right and will make sure I mention the evaporator again and make sure they check it etc. In terms of documentation I get copies of theirs and make sure everything is noted. I hope like hell it isn't the evaporator as I don't want them pulling my car apart...fingers crossed.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I hope like hell it isn't the evaporator as I don't want them pulling my car apart...fingers crossed.
I had the same fears but my dealer did a great job - would never know it happened.

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
I had the same fears but my dealer did a great job - would never know it happened.
Same here. In 3 days they had it fixed and you wouldn't know it had been touched they did such a good job. Better to have it replaced now than have to argue about it in a couple of years time when it is out of warranty.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
And mine has gone again.
:curse:

Looks like you still have some factory warranty remaining - that must be somewhat of a relief.

Freman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco boost 21-10-16
:curse:

Looks like you still have some factory warranty remaining - that must be somewhat of a relief.
Just got the call from them..'Evaporator, we need to keep it for the rest of the week'

I paid extra to extend my warranty to 5 years (they told me is was a factory extension not a 3rd party one - hopefully I wasn't led up the garden path), it had been decades since we'd owned a Ford when we ordered this one. You get used to the peace of mind of the 5years you get with the competition.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the call from them..'Evaporator, we need to keep it for the rest of the week'
They must have the parts in stock - that's something at least - most of us had to wait several weeks. I believe that the repair is done differently now as per the latest TSB.

I paid extra to extend my warranty to 5 years (they told me is was a factory extension not a 3rd party one - hopefully I wasn't led up the garden path), it had been decades since we'd owned a Ford when we ordered this one. You get used to the peace of mind of the 5years you get with the competition.
Whilst the Ford offering is no doubt the best option, it is essentially an insurance policy provided by a third party.

https://www.einsure.com.au/wb/public...L383DE_FOR.pdf
Sponsored