Sponsored

Can I transfer my BDX?

PtheGman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT, 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (2.5g, 6 bolt, 4G64)
So I sold my 2017 F150, but i cant really give a dealership my Bullydog BDX. I want to ask the forum if there is a way i can unlock it to use on my 2018 Mustang Gt? Who would I speak to? Right off the bat Id like to do an intake and headers with a good tune as well, I know just about everything i need to about tuning a 3.5 ecoboost but who is a good remote tuner (or someone in tucson/phoenix) that tunes for the GT? Thanks guys!

-Paul
Sponsored

cchvyd28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
If you returned your truck back to stock before getting rid of it the BDX should already be unlocked and ready to tune another car. If not you would need to talk to SCT and pay to have it unlocked. Can't help you with a local tuner but as far as remote tuning there are many good options, Lund, Palm Beach Dyno, AED, Li tuning, VMP, just to name a few.

OP
OP

PtheGman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
If you returned your truck back to stock before getting rid of it the BDX should already be unlocked and ready to tune another car. If not you would need to talk to SCT and pay to have it unlocked. Can't help you with a local tuner but as far as remote tuning there are many good options, Lund, Palm Beach Dyno, AED, Li tuning, VMP, just to name a few.
Excellent, thank you for the list of tuners. (can you name some more?) im not familiar with any of these as it seems ecoboost tuning is done by entirely different companies. I did return the truck to stock, so all I need to do is purchase a tune from any of the above tuners and I should be good to go, aside from the setup for the BDX etc, correct?

Looks like Ill be picking up an intake and a resonator delete today :)

Paul

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Excellent, thank you for the list of tuners. (can you name some more?) im not familiar with any of these as it seems ecoboost tuning is done by entirely different companies. I did return the truck to stock, so all I need to do is purchase a tune from any of the above tuners and I should be good to go, aside from the setup for the BDX etc, correct?

Paul

Paul
cchvyd28 named the best in the bizz. For a NA tune, any of them can hook you up. I had AED tune mine and was very happy with the results. For FI, I would use PBD or Lund.

OP
OP

PtheGman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Thank you smoke/ As the previous owner of a EB3.5 and still the current owner of a 1992 Eagle Mitsubishi GSX (with a paltry 986 AWHP) im staying NA on this one, my previous NA builds have been way too fun to blow the stang. (sounds wrong) Ill look into those tuners a little more. Initially its just going to be an intake and a 91 octane street tune, the real question is who uses datalogs to build a tune file for your personal vehicle? Thanks again for the help!

-Paul

Gone are the days of tuning with a palm pilot and an OBDII cable lol.

Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Thank you smoke/ As the previous owner of a EB3.5 and still the current owner of a 1992 Eagle Mitsubishi GSX (with a paltry 986 AWHP) im staying NA on this one, my previous NA builds have been way too fun to blow the stang. (sounds wrong) Ill look into those tuners a little more. Initially its just going to be an intake and a 91 octane street tune, the real question is who uses datalogs to build a tune file for your personal vehicle? Thanks again for the help!

-Paul

Gone are the days of tuning with a palm pilot and an OBDII cable lol.
Bet that GSX hauls some ass. Yeah, when I first got my car, I tried a couple of other “top” tuners, not PBD or Lund and got pretty shitty service/results. Shawn@AED is awesome and can definitely take care of what you’re needing. I have PBD now on my FI setup, mainly because the shop I had install my fuel system only uses Rob for their Coyote tuning. Enjoy

OP
OP

PtheGman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Yes quite. It has caused my testicle to retract deep into my thoracic cavity on more than one occasion, illicits sweats, nervousness, shaking and a general sense of doom. I dont drive it often. Im glad it lives in Boulder Colorado most days.

I got the BDX working on the GT, which is awesome, loaded the 91 octane tune.

It idles at about 1krpm now though, and those where not the settings i made in the menu. Any ideas or should I be contacting Derive. I need to go fill up on 91.

-Paul

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Yes quite. It has caused my testicle to retract deep into my thoracic cavity on more than one occasion, illicits sweats, nervousness, shaking and a general sense of doom. I dont drive it often. Im glad it lives in Boulder Colorado most days.

I got the BDX working on the GT, which is awesome, loaded the 91 octane tune.

It idles at about 1krpm now though, and those where not the settings i made in the menu. Any ideas or should I be contacting Derive. I need to go fill up on 91.

-Paul
LMAO

OP
OP

PtheGman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Whats the verdict on Bama tuning and free tunes for life?

Sponsored
OP
OP

PtheGman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Most guys make fun of them these days. They used to be ok, but do yourself a favor and go with PBD, AED or Lund
I figured, Ill do so, than you!

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I thought the BDX only was able to program one Car then you'd have to contact SCT. Did they change this?

The X4 can be locked (married) and unlocked on 5 different vehicles (one at any given time)

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I thought the BDX only was able to program one Car then you'd have to contact SCT. Did they change this?

The X4 can be locked (married) and unlocked on 5 different vehicles (one at any given time)
They must have. I put my car back to stock with my BDX and the guy I sold it to was able to tune his with it. ???

OP
OP

PtheGman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)

I believe you can use it on up to 4 vehicles, I still have 2 unlocks left according to my handheld. As long as you return the other vehicle to stock, you can go back and forth, retain the same tune files and switch around. As told to me by a Derive customer service rep this morning. By the way, the 91 octane BDX tune does approximately nothing as far as I can tell.

On that note: What experience has anybody had with 5star performance, I ask because they did a great job on my EcoBoost 3.5 Lariat, just shy of 440 whp

-Paul

cchvyd28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
"On that note: What experience has anybody had with 5star performance, I ask because they did a great job on my EcoBoost 3.5 Lariat, just shy of 440 whp
-Paul
I know they are popular with the F-150 guys, I am sure they would be more than capable of tuning an N/A Mustang.
Sponsored