1 DAY old car rattling like no tomorrow

Min Ahn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Min
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I just picked up my car on Sunday and drove from Colorado to California.
When I was in the middle of Utah, it started to make this horrible rattling noise which I was not able to correctly locate until now.

0xEN2GB.jpg

This is where the noise is generated, between the Cluster outer assembly and center dash trim piece.

https://imgur.com/a/fd3QT8q
And here is the video of me replicating the noise.
(Picture from Google)​

When I hit the passenger side dash, the vibration refers to the Driver's side.
But, when I hold down the right bottom corner of the circular cluster trim piece, the rattle seemed to go away.

Does anyone have same experience caused by the same thing?
If so, how should I solve my issue? Should I take it to the Service center? or can I exchange my vehicle at a different dealership within 3 days? There is no way I can drive this back to Colorado.. :(

***UPDATE 05/13/2019***

I went to local dealership with service center in North Hollywood and they were able to somewhat minimize the noise.

The solution was to put fabric tape beside/behind the plastic trim around the digital dash (where the rattle is coming from) and the total process took about 3 hours.

Also, no money was taken out of my pocket!

If you're experiencing a similar issue, bring it to your local service center and they will take care of it well. You'll also get warranty of stuff they touch, so you won't need to worry like me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
It's a mustang. Is what I'm thinking. : ) jkjk

There is this road i drive that vibrates a certain panel every time. I hate that road.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Interesting... your dashboard picture shows 'PRNDS', yet you have a 6-speed Bullitt. Did you take that picture or ?

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting... your dashboard picture shows 'PRNDS', yet you have a 6-speed Bullitt. Did you take that picture or ?
Good catch!!! I would certainly want to know how that was done...a mystery! In addition, the video is inconclusive...all I can hear is the OP tapping his dash...I think.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Since his signature says 2019 Ecoboost I guess this is just example picture of the problem area.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just take it to your local dealer.

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
rattles UGH...Ford

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I dont think there is much they are going to do for you. I was told rattling noises aren't covered under warranty. The trim on my front drivers side pillar sometimes makes this buzzing sound. The only thing that fixes it is popping it on and off while I'm driving.

Semnole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I had a terrible buzz sound when driving over bumps and swore it was coming from the driver's side dash. Come to find out, it was the stereo amplifier rubbing against the thin metal that its fastened against. That sound traveled from there to the dash and had me pressing on everything for a month :/

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That trim piece comes off very easily, and then you can do what you have to do to stop the rattle.

There's probably 1,000,000 YouTube videos that show removing that trim piece, but be careful and don't break the tabs, get those special tools needed.

Sponsored

zahimrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zahi
Vehicle(s)
GT PP 2015
I have a rattle in the driver door area close to the fender that only is heard at 60mph+ lol I got used to it eventually.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
A tab probably broke on that trim piece during installation or during transit. Like mentioned earlier, take it to your local dealer. The car is under warranty. Let Ford worry about it.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Found
One
Rattle
Daily
:crackup:

I have one on the B&O center dash speaker plastic piece....Will let the dealer play with it at the next maintenance.

OP
OP
Min Ahn

Min Ahn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Min
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Oh the picture is from Google haha
Sponsored