Sponsored

How much hp can a 2017 Mustang GT stock engine can handle?

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
P1SC-1 will give you all you want. I started with the HO set-up with the stage 2 IC. Put down 630/490 on 93 with Lund tune. Quickly went to E85 and did 710/550 with no other changes. Went to the complete stage 2 setup (still on the P1SC-1) and went with the 3.85 pulley..775/595. Stock motor internals - has Intake manifold, long tubes no cats, ID1000's and Sai Li fuel system on Lund tune. More changes coming very soon - need to get in that 800+ club.
Got done talking to the shop and like you stated, everything are included including the injectors and in house tuning. I was also told stock fuel pump is capable feeding the car. If I go 750 whp and above, that’s where the problem will start. They had no issues tuning and installing the procharger for 5 years now so that’s a relief but that’s what they say lol. Placing the order this Thursday or Friday and go from there. They mentioned going P-1X though. What are your thoughts on that one? Probably stay at P-1SC but I’m just curious.
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I would go with the P1X...its virtually a $200 upgrade now vs a $3000 one down the road. It is a more efficient unit and will make more power...if you want more...and you will trust me.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Tune tune tune. Give it good fuel support with quality fuel, a return style fuel system, injectors that are up to the task, and a tune that's not pushing timing to the ragged edge and you SHOULD be fine. Nothing is guaranteed though. No matter what you're still rolling the dice. But you can take measures to give you as many dice in your hands as possible.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
P1X stg 2 no doubt if you're ordering new. The 4.88" pulley biggest you can fit under the hood I made 11 lbs at 7,200/13 lbs at 7,500

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
750-800 wheel from what ive seen.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I would go with the P1X...its virtually a $200 upgrade now vs a $3000 one down the road. It is a more efficient unit and will make more power...if you want more...and you will trust me.
Yep they told me it’s $200 upgrade and can gain more horses. Shit adds up quick lol. I’m still looking for some rear rims with a 305 tires so that’s another $1,000. You’re definitely right about wanting more but damn I don’t want my engine to blow up.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Tune tune tune. Give it good fuel support with quality fuel, a return style fuel system, injectors that are up to the task, and a tune that's not pushing timing to the ragged edge and you SHOULD be fine. Nothing is guaranteed though. No matter what you're still rolling the dice. But you can take measures to give you as many dice in your hands as possible.
The shop does have some good reviews. Probably stay @ 600 whp. This car will not be driven daily I know that. I bought it brand new back in 17’s and just broke the 10k miles odometer.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
As other said there's no magic number but usually 600-700 is considered safe. Some people can run 900+ no problem, some people blow theirs at 550. I'm running around 800whp on a P1X, stock motor OPG/CG 52k miles.

A reputable tuner is the first place to start. Aside from wider wheels, go DRs if you can afford it. If not, MPSS/MP4S are generally the best street tire that will still give you good treadlife. Consider OPG/CG upgrade

Get some suspension upgrades otherwise you will be fishtail city. BMR CB005 and poly differential bushings made a huge difference in my car. I would definitely do the P1X Stage 2 from the start. Cheap upgrade and has much more headroom for when you choose to up the boost later down the road. Consider a wastegated setup if you want more midrange power on the street.

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
As other said there's no magic number but usually 600-700 is considered safe. Some people can run 900+ no problem, some people blow theirs at 550. I'm running around 800whp on a P1X, stock motor OPG/CG 52k miles.

A reputable tuner is the first place to start. Aside from wider wheels, go DRs if you can afford it. If not, MPSS/MP4S are generally the best street tire that will still give you good treadlife. Consider OPG/CG upgrade

Get some suspension upgrades otherwise you will be fishtail city. BMR CB005 and poly differential bushings made a huge difference in my car. I would definitely do the P1X Stage 2 from the start. Cheap upgrade and has much more headroom for when you choose to up the boost later down the road. Consider a wastegated setup if you want more midrange power on the street.
Thanks man. So I told them I have the skinny 235/18 tires tires and they said np. The only thing I needed are lca’s and the bushing to somewhat control the fish tail. The parts and labor for that is $695 out the door. If that’s true, I might just hold off the wider tires for now. If y’all in my shoe, wider rear tires or bushing and lca’s. I don’t even why I really love my Mustang and spending lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How loud is the procharger whine? I’m just damn excited lol.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Thanks man. So I told them I have the skinny 235/18 tires tires and they said np. The only thing I needed are lca’s and the bushing to somewhat control the fish tail. The parts and labor for that is $695 out the door. If that’s true, I might just hold off the wider tires for now. If y’all in my shoe, wider rear tires or bushing and lca’s. I don’t even why I really love my Mustang and spending lol.
I just did the LCA bearing, Adjustable toe rods, poly vertical links, and diff bushings, still waiting on the cradle bushings. Even without the glorious CB005 cradle bushing lockouts the rest made a huge difference. And I already have wide sticky tires. Those 235's stand no chance boosted no matter what suspension mods you throw at it. narrow and hard rubber+boost equals tire spinning mess.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
In your case, I'd be far more worried about the "in-house tuning" than the peak horsepower number. Who is tuning it?

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
For what its worth, My stock motor has seen 17-18psi with twins and has gone as best as 9.1 @ 154mph full weight... Thats something near 1000WHP...

OP
OP
SSG 5.0

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah I’m back looking at wider rims and tires. I think this options will have a better chance holding it. I did install an lca, panhard bar, and spring for 12 Mustang GT with a tune and intake only and held it down. I had a wheel hopped with just those upgrades and it’s nowhere near the procharger power level. 19x9.5 can take 305 tires?
Sponsored