Quietest axel-back exhaust

5.0_TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a 2016 GT with a Roush axle-back exhaust already installed on it. I am not the type who likes a very loud/drone heavy exhaust. Any suggestions on what I should replace it with?
Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a 2016 GT with a Roush axle-back exhaust already installed on it. I am not the type who likes a very loud/drone heavy exhaust. Any suggestions on what I should replace it with?
Put on the exhaust system from an Eco Boost 4 Banger,that will quiet things down for you,also NO drone,you will love it !

DB5991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT '03SportTrac
I went with the MBRP street catback, has a nice low rumble with the H-pipe, if you go WOT it opens up a lot. And no drone at cruising speed. And very price friendly

OP
OP
5.0_TX

5.0_TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Put on the exhaust system from an Eco Boost 4 Banger,that will quiet things down for you,also NO drone,you will love it !
I never thought about looking at the Eco Boost exhaust... I'll have to check that out. Thank you

OP
OP
5.0_TX

5.0_TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went with the MBRP street catback, has a nice low rumble with the H-pipe, if you go WOT it opens up a lot. And no drone at cruising speed. And very price friendly
I am actually a fan of the MBRP. I had that exhaust on my old car and didn't regret getting it .I'll have to check it out .Thanks for your input.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I really like my Magnaflow Street. Little bit of drone, but not bad enough to complain. Love the deep tone. It’s a real head turner and not like “God, listen to that asshole....”

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
go back to factory... with a xpipe… I wish I stayed with that …

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Get a used active exhaust and follow the installation instructions on this forum. The best of both: quiet when you want it; loud when you want to play.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
The ford performance by borla touring axel back mufflers are a bit quieter than the roush. But a bit louder that stock. Good sound without being overly loud. And a good bit louder above 3k.

I love mine, would really love to add a h pipe, but neighbors.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
I have been happy with the Ford Performance Touring by Borla. Nice tone without being that axxhole on the street.

Sponsored

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Anyone done any sound testing with various combinations? I really want to run Laguna Seca but they have a 93db limit. I know im well over that with an X-pipe and the FP by Borla Sport mufflers, I wonder if switching to the touring versions would get me even close to that? I have heard Laguna will often let it slide if your close like 94-95db, and once you know where they are checking you can just lift a little to get under.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Like someone earlier said, go back to stock. I bet you can find a stock take off for next to nothing. My GT is stock, and yes it's pretty quiet, and I like it that way. But if I want louder I can break out my 95 SVT.

OP
OP
5.0_TX

5.0_TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Like someone earlier said, go back to stock. I bet you can find a stock take off for next to nothing. My GT is stock, and yes it's pretty quiet, and I like it that way. But if I want louder I can break out my 95 SVT.
I think I'm going to do that. I'm going to look for someone local to swap with.