Mustangs are apparently moron magnets.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
OK as long as we are sharing idiots. Keep in mind my brand new car that I have only 190 miles on. Driving through a quiet residential subdivision. What looked like a 90s era Jap compact with two teenage boys are wanting to maintain about 10 ft. behind me while their stereo blasts. Not really bothering me but irritating. The streets have many curves with some of the view ahead blocked with old growth trees. Here comes a woman rounding the corner in a full size sedan driving towards me I can see her face looking in the sun visor mirror as she is poking some make-up on. I watch her veering into my lane with no signs of looking ahead. The teens are right behind me and I realize that I am going to get sandwiched if I don't do something very quickly. Looking for a way out I will have to hug the right side as close as I can without hitting the brush and trees while simultaneously gently applying the brakes and laying on the horn. All was over quickly with collision averted. The woman looked indignant and corrected her route after avoiding collsion because of my actions. The teens looked like they enjoyed the action.:facepalm:
Ideally, you wait until the last possible second and veer off to a side road and let the bimbo in the sedan hit the yahoos in the jap car head-on (I'm assuming you were going an appropriate, residential-area velocity and there would be no serious injuries). You might be doing them a favor; next time maybe, maybe, they both pay more attention to their driving and avoid a more serious encounter. Some people don't learn until it costs them.
Sponsored

Reactions: lew
OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
The worse thing about all this lunacy on the road is that the police are useless. The only thing the police do is hide behind trees/utility poles and hand out speeding tickets! They don't do anything else. Don't like the looks of that guy in the lane beside you?-run him off the road, the police don't care. They see this bad driving all day long and do nothing about it. Have a free for all is the way they see it-just don't speed.
At 10 seconds into the video, you can hear my wife saying "He's just sitting there". She's referring to the cop we had just passed (which is why the radar detector is beeping) who was stopped a few hundred feet from a piece of firewood lying in the middle of the lane, which was apparently going to continue lying there, because the cop was just sitting there ignoring it.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Yeh the guy with the old as shit accord coupe with a giant can hanging off the back, pulling out of his trailer park wanted ot race me yesterday jumping lanes and acting like a D-Bag....I mean really......idiots....

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah, forget about the Sokovia Accords, we need the Honda Accords. That will teach those pesky youts!

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Yep, they cut a patch in our street in the middle and surrounded it with cones. There was sufficient space on each side for the traffic to move past the cones. I come home one day and a guy is coming the other way. Which side of the cones does he choose, why mine, of course. Get home, mention it to the wife and she tells me some other (or perhaps the same one) did that when she was coming home, too.

Mixxedupmedia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anatole
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2012 Ford F150
If you ride a motorcycle you get this and more! Lot of bad drivers out there. Good defensive driving skills like yours help keep the idiots at bay.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
This mustang was such a strong moron magnet, its sucked the moron into the mustang where he proceeded to act moronically:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I perceive many "possible incidents" on hwy's here in coastal bend Texas. I travel these hwy's daily and have avoided several deadly situations. When I need "spyder senses" is on the roads unfamiliar to me. There is a fool born every sixty seconds. "Be Defensive drivers my friends".

Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
If you ride a motorcycle you get this and more! Lot of bad drivers out there. Good defensive driving skills like yours help keep the idiots at bay.
My late uncle had a motorcycle years ago, and was in the right lane on the highway. A lady was entering the highway and didn't see him, merging right next to him. She didn't hit him, and he just rode right beside her for a short time, and then knocked on her window while going down the highway. Scared the crap out of her lol.

BLSTOIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
It really is a thing, personally never had a problem when driving a truck or rental cars for work travel, and even in my old 99 4V (granted its black and stealthy). When I got my '17 GB, its like a bull seeing red, i get cut off or pulled out in front of on a daily basis. My theory is that them seeing a young person in a flashy car ignites a primal rage

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
In my Honda, I had some guy in a work van who decided it would be a good idea to turn left from the middle lane (none of the 3 lanes were mandatory turns). I'm in the left lane proceeding straight and had to slam on the brakes when he literally made a left in front of me. I stood on the brakes and missed the idiot by maybe a foot.

Common are the inexplicable human beings who drive in the rightmost lane of a highway's service road until the entrance ramp is .005 feet away, then suddenly switch to the left lane and merge on in front of other drivers. See this all the time.

Seems like people give way more when I'm in the GT, however. They expect me to drive bonkers I guess?

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I live in Houston and believe me...the Mustang community does not have a monopoly on morons. They're spread across all moving vehicles.

Observations from living here for 12yrs are to avoid anyone pulling a trailer, avoid BMWs and lately the Toyota mini-van's have become a high level moron magnet. You have to be on your A game when driving here. Because if you do get hit - the likelihood of the person having fake paper plates, no insurance or leaving the scene are all high.

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Because if you do get hit - the likelihood of the person having fake paper plates, no insurance or leaving the scene are all high.
And another reasons for dual dashcams.

It's not a bad as Russia yet, but it's getting there.
Sponsored