MAGNETIC S550 MUSTANG Thread

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
I made this montage for someone that was asking about the matte black emblem I had on the car. However, I think it also shows how our Magnetic Metallic color changes under various light conditions. These are all of my car, just taken at different times of day / night, sunny / cloudy, direct light / shade etc... Mostly with my cellphone camera, but some are with a DSLR instead.

It's a beautiful color and I love that it changes so much under various lighting.

upload_2019-5-4_19-32-42.png
Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I used the GoPro sticky pad mount and that thing is on there like concrete. I have a little safety loop that goes through the grill but it is easy to take on and off. The good thing is the mount is the exact same glossy black plastic as the grill so it blends in pretty well when not in use.

Normally I'm not big on sticking stuff permanently to the car but I was a little uneasy with the suction mount holding my new Hero7 and not having it fly off a cliff. I also ran a USB-C cable from the grill through to the interior so that I can hook it to a battery pack rather than using an internal battery. It worked fantastic and had more than enough charge to fill an entire 128GB memory card without running out of juice.

Two questions, any examples of footage?

and where did you route the cable into the cabin? the passenger side hole behind the wheel well people use for Amp wiring?

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Two questions, any examples of footage?

and where did you route the cable into the cabin? the passenger side hole behind the wheel well people use for Amp wiring?
I actually just ran the cable up into the engine compartment, along the hood line, and then through a small hole that lets you pull it in through the door. It wasn’t meant to be a permanent install so I didn’t go through the firewall. In the future I will likely just tap into a fuse for power.

Here is a clip:

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I actually just ran the cable up into the engine compartment, along the hood line, and then through a small hole that lets you pull it in through the door. It wasn’t meant to be a permanent install so I didn’t go through the firewall. In the future I will likely just tap into a fuse for power.

Here is a clip:

I've been meaning to get down to the Tail of the Dragon! That Hero 7 seems like it's doing a really good job of stabilization too. I'm planning on running an external microphone through the trunk and out to the rear bumper, so we'll see how my setup goes. I'm running the $60 headrest mount from Amazon and it's amazing.

Sponsored

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I've been meaning to get down to the Tail of the Dragon! That Hero 7 seems like it's doing a really good job of stabilization too. I'm planning on running an external microphone through the trunk and out to the rear bumper, so we'll see how my setup goes. I'm running the $60 headrest mount from Amazon and it's amazing.
Yeah the Hero7 stabilization is pretty amazing I must say. I had wanted to do a remote mic to the exhaust also but it seems a little more complicated than I expected. There is a somewhat bulky adapter you need along with some other considerations I think to make it work. I ran out of time to get it sorted out for this trip but will figure it out by the next.

Oh the WiFi to the camera also doesn’t work well being behind the engine block either. I had to buy the remote so I could control the camera reliably.

Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Looks great. Is that a gloss or flat 5.0 emblem?
Gloss 5.0 emblem.

Wow that looks beautiful - high level details please? Ex - wash, clay, ceramic? Or more steps? Great job.
Thanks. Wash, clay, light correct & polish w/Griot's BOSS Perfecting Cream via Orbital, then Adam's Ceramic Paint Kit. Let it sit in the garage for ~22 hours and then hit it with Adam's Ceramic Boost which took the gloss up a notch. Probably do the ceramic to the wheels soon.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
First of many from my few days away in Wales. Been a very camera happy road trip!

6FF28839-3E8A-48D8-A7BE-BABB0BB1E56E.jpeg
83D01235-717D-4FF1-9614-9F5394CA32D8.jpeg