2018-2019 Ford Performance Ecoboost Tune Released

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
Do you have a PP or standard EB. I wonder how this tune works with a PP.
Performance package (non-premium).
Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I wonder if Ford Performance will offer this kit for the NEW 2020 2.3 Mustang or this tune is already built into the stock car?

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
I wonder if Ford Performance will offer this kit for the NEW 2020 2.3 Mustang or this tune is already built into the stock car?
The focus RS had a tune that bumped it to 370hp/370TQ. I would bet there is still a tune coming for 2.3 hi performance.

However, i expect the new 2.3 Hi P to be tuned from stock above the current 2018-2019 with a tune. Why? 0-60 in 4.5s. Tune for Hi P will be different since torque band is different / better.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
However, i expect the new 2.3 Hi P to be tuned from stock above the current 2018-2019 with a tune. Why? 0-60 in 4.5s. Tune for Hi P will be different since torque band is different / better.
I tend to agree with you. I think the 2020 H. P. version will be better, but I bet it still suffers from that cheap intercooler and restricted down pipe and intake. Change those and even without a tune you should see a big difference.
The problem with tune, it breaks the warranty. but those three bolt-ons does not cause the red flag.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
I tend to agree with you. I think the 2020 H. P. version will be better, but I bet it still suffers from that cheap intercooler and restricted down pipe and intake. Change those and even without a tune you should see a big difference.
The problem with tune, it breaks the warranty. but those three bolt-ons does not cause the red flag.
I agree. I bet the intercooler is better but still not suitable for hot climates. They popped the hood in a video and it looks like it will have same airbox.

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Don’t you need a tune if you change the down pipe?

I’m thinking to change my intercooler, how would that affect the warranty?

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Don’t you need a tune if you change the down pipe?

I’m thinking to change my intercooler, how would that affect the warranty?
It really depends on the ECU and if it can compensate for the extra air flowing through and add more fuel to the system. Some cars do that automatically to prevent going lean.
If not, you will need a tune for more fuel. Going lean on Forced Induction is very dangerous especially if the gas is not good.

However, most dealers will void your warranty if tuned.

Last edited:

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
It really depends on the ECU and if it can compensate for the extra air flowing through and add more fuel to the system. So cars do that automatically to prevent going lean.
If not, you will need a tune for more fuel. Going lean on Forced Induction is very dangerous especially if the gas is not good.

However, most dealers will void your warranty if tuned.
Understood... now the other question. Will a intercooler void the warranty?

I can live with the stock exhaust, but the intercooler in FL doesn’t work very well.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

I can live with the stock exhaust, but the intercooler in FL doesn’t work very well.
No, all it does is make the car safer at all rpm's. If a dealer tries to void your warranty for an Intercooler then they are smoking crack.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
No, all it does is make the car safer at all rpm's. If a dealer tries to void your warranty for an Intercooler then they are smoking crack.
Exactly!
An Intercooler (which makes the air cooler prevents detonation in hot humid Florida) is a safe add-on. A good air intake and good intercooler are the two most important add-on on F/I cars and doesn't require a tune. Just bringing cooler air to engine.

Sponsored

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app

Not to be picky but “void,” is not the proper term. There is no process by which a dealer would void your warranty so your aftermarket part would “void,” coverage on the rest of the vehicle. It comes down to the dealer and if they are cool and work with people or if they are not.

NavyMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost mustang
Good morning everyone,

Just wanted to let anyone else who was waiting know that the 2018-2019 tune has been released by Ford Performance. I confirmed with them this morning and I am going to call my dealership shortly to get this done. They didn't really leave many details but Ford Performance told me it's a Filter and Pro-Cal tune.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4C
I had mine installed on a 2018 automatic. Impressive but not eye watering. You'll notice the difference for sure but you won't hang with a gt lol. You will however have fun with BMW, Audi and Mercedes drivers. I'd buy it again. Shifts like stock but it's a faster car. Don't know how it compares to other tuners but I'm happy.

Curt698

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Convertible Ecoboost AT 2013 Kawaski Vulcan 900 Classic LT
I had mine installed on a 2018 automatic. Impressive but not eye watering. You'll notice the difference for sure but you won't hang with a gt lol. You will however have fun with BMW, Audi and Mercedes drivers. I'd buy it again. Shifts like stock but it's a faster car. Don't know how it compares to other tuners but I'm happy.
Is flappy paddle shifting any crisper?

NavyMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost mustang
Good morning everyone,

Just wanted to let anyone else who was waiting know that the 2018-2019 tune has been released by Ford Performance. I confirmed with them this morning and I am going to call my dealership shortly to get this done. They didn't really leave many details but Ford Performance told me it's a Filter and Pro-Cal tune.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4C
I don't usually use that function
Is flappy paddle shifting any crisper?
I don't usually use that function but I'll check it out over the weekend and let you know. Sport+ is fun but not necessarily any more crisp. The car will hang with an Audi s5.

NavyMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost mustang
I don't usually use that function

I don't usually use that function but I'll check it out over the weekend and let you know. Sport+ is fun but not necessarily any more crisp. The car will hang with an Audi s5.
Sponsored