Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
My car had clear coat issues on trunk and rear spoiler, rear fenders area, not covered under warranty, ford told me it was bird crap. Dont think previous owner would do such a thing but i bet happened when car was on auction lot and it was sitting in wrong spot. Did some wet sending, , buffed it out with compound, then polished the whole car and waxed. I am pleased with results
20190504_194355.jpg
20190504_220434.jpg
20190505_182717.jpg
20190505_022921.jpg
Nice work!!!
Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I drove mine around with no particular place to go or time to arrive there. I reved it over 7500 several times and it did not use oil or blow up.
.......That's some of the BEST of times:
wind her out with no particular place to go!

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Started the 2019 track season at NJMP; 4th season for the car. So much fun.

Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
My car had clear coat issues on trunk and rear spoiler, rear fenders area, not covered under warranty, ford told me it was bird crap. Dont think previous owner would do such a thing but i bet happened when car was on auction lot and it was sitting in wrong spot. Did some wet sending, , buffed it out with compound, then polished the whole car and waxed. I am pleased with results
20190504_194355.jpg
20190504_220434.jpg
20190505_182717.jpg
20190505_022921.jpg
The car was ceramic coated and the paint was perfect when I turned it in. I hear the trunk badge was missing too?

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
The car was ceramic coated and the paint was perfect when I turned it in. I hear the trunk badge was missing too?
Yup knew it i was 99.9% sure thats all on dealer or auction. The badge was stolen too over there. And there are clear marks of screw driver :( people are something...

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
No Greg, I'm just doing the XPel on the very front. I am super late to the game with doing the PPF; car has just over 8K on it. In hind sight, waiting this long revealed what areas are taking the brunt of the abuse (and I use the term brunt very, very, lightly). My front end was faaar from making it a waste of time to wrap it, but it was time to do it if I was gonna do it. I like the wrap, but budget/price tag and competing priorities prevent wrapping the whole car. And to each his ow, but I can't do any lines; NONE. Period. If I'm not going to wrap an enter surface, I'm just not going to do it. And I'm sure every story, every situation is different depending on the road where you live, driving style, etc, etc, but the other areas on my car just don't seem to be taking the normal daily abuse you hear about, thus I decided to live with it.
Hey Galaxy, thanks for sharing the pics. Love how your tint and front end Xpel turned out. I'm waiting on my 19' GT350 to arrive at the end of June. Been going back and forth whether to do Xpel Ultimate Plus front wrap like you did. Can you see a difference in the shine when you're looking at the front end vs. the areas with paint/clear coat? I don't want to drop the $ and be dissapointed. Still on the fence...

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Picked her up from the shop. Full Xpel paint protection film, and 35% ceramic tint all around.
Tomorrow for an alignment. Saturday to the track!

2019-04-02 17.10.14.jpg

2019-04-02 17.11.15.jpg
Looks Amazing! I've got a 19' GT350 coming in at the end of June. Been going back and forth whether to go with Xpel. Did they go over the stripes or cut around them? Are you happy with the results? My local installer uses bulk film, wraps edges, and says he could go over the stripes or cut around them. Not sure which way to go - I want to protect the vinyl stripes, but I don't want the film to raise over time. Decisions, decisions ;-)

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Looks Amazing! I've got a 19' GT350 coming in at the end of June. Been going back and forth whether to go with Xpel. Did they go over the stripes or cut around them? Are you happy with the results? My local installer uses bulk film, wraps edges, and says he could go over the stripes or cut around them. Not sure which way to go - I want to protect the vinyl stripes, but I don't want the film to raise over time. Decisions, decisions ;-)
Have the stripes wrapped; they are easy to scratch, chip from debris, and become discolored. Each body/stripe section will have it's own PPF section. Ex: the hood is 5 pieces. Each stripe, paint in between the stripes, and paint outside of the stripes.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@J-Stang I went over my stripes on the front. Sooooo, I would say it depends on your eye. Can “I” see a difference in the shading/coloring of the car on film vs no film? Yes, absolutely. But, I’m a self proclaimed semi-pro detailer. It’s my thing and I’m good at it. I know how to look at paint. Some people have an eye for that and some don’t. Not a huge deal. But I can see it. Is it a big deal? Not at all. It’s enough of a deal personally for me that drives my decision of no partial panels though. But with doing just the “bumper” it covers the whole front end and everything ends at a seam. The average person will never ever know. I’m torn and it’s a close race, but I’d almost have to say if held at gun point, I’d say I prefer the appearance of the film to no film. I also know I will not be in the mood to deal with R&R a complete $5K film job every 5-7 years.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Mine has been stuck in the garage for a week while they pave the road outside my place :frown:

Better than driving through gravel I guess.

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Have the stripes wrapped; they are easy to scratch, chip from debris, and become discolored. Each body/stripe section will have it's own PPF section. Ex: the hood is 5 pieces. Each stripe, paint in between the stripes, and paint outside of the stripes.
Thanks man, I really appreciate your thoughts! Now that you mention it, I've seen some GT350's at car show events with chips and such. Vinyl has it's limitations for sure - going for the wrap!

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
@J-Stang I went over my stripes on the front. Sooooo, I would say it depends on your eye. Can “I” see a difference in the shading/coloring of the car on film vs no film? Yes, absolutely. But, I’m a self proclaimed semi-pro detailer. It’s my thing and I’m good at it. I know how to look at paint. Some people have an eye for that and some don’t. Not a huge deal. But I can see it. Is it a big deal? Not at all. It’s enough of a deal personally for me that drives my decision of no partial panels though. But with doing just the “bumper” it covers the whole front end and everything ends at a seam. The average person will never ever know. I’m torn and it’s a close race, but I’d almost have to say if held at gun point, I’d say I prefer the appearance of the film to no film. I also know I will not be in the mood to deal with R&R a complete $5K film job every 5-7 years.
@galaxy, thanks for your insight and perspective. I'm very detail oriented as well and tend to see the differences you're talking about. I think the trade-off of not having to worry about chipping or the vinyl getting damaged far outweigh the slight differences that might catch our eye. My installer uses the bulk technique vs. pre-cut and will remove all badging and wrap all edges so it will be seamless to the average eye. 2nd question, I'm pretty meticuloius when it comes to detailing as well. Typically clay, polish, glaze, seal, and wax my 15' GT.

How are you going to maintain the Xpel wrapped areas as I know there are some parts of the process no longer necessary and some products that shouldn't be used on the film. Thoughts?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks man, I really appreciate your thoughts! Now that you mention it, I've seen some GT350's at car show events with chips and such. Vinyl has it's limitations for sure - going for the wrap!
Or buy/order without stripes and have them painted on like God intended. :wink:
Sponsored