Convertible rear seat delete

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
I think I've searched the entire internet this morning. A rear seat delete still doesn't exist for the convertible ?!?

---- Can the fastback on be made to work with it? I get that their not the same; holes may not line up right; etc... I'm just looking for a platform to work off of. I'll re-carpet over un-used holes if I need to drill new ones.

'been going back and forth with this for quite some time. I want to keep my trunk space; so I put the snow performance methanol tank on the rear driver side armrest and the pump below it.

I'm going to order soon an air lift performance setup and that for sure would take up a lot of trunk space. Gonna go with a 5 gal tank, 2 compressors, plus the manifold and that'll consume most of the trunk.

So - my plan is

-- Rear seat delete
-- Switch to a pro meth tank (keep the snow pump)
-- Plus the air lift equipment

and layout / mount everything to the rear seat delete panels. That'll give me plenty of room to route tubing and wiring properly and make it nice and pretty.

Some time down the line I want to run a small (50) shot of NO2 so that tank can go there was well.

The girlfriend has kids but both are teenagers now and have their own cars. And if all else fails, she has a ford fusion so... we won't be taking the kids to the beach in the convertible, but they can drive together in one of their cars, lol...
Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Just a thought... get in touch with someone who builds custom fiberglass subwoofer enclosures and have a one piece fiberglass shell made and then have the leather/carpeted to match your interior. (or do it yourself, not that hard really, just time,crap load of tape and aluminum foil, resin and fiberglass mats)
just without the actual sub mounts/holes.
It's basically similar to the Ford Racing version...but make it to fit your needs and styling.

something along these lines to give you an idea...
https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Fiberglass-Subwoofer-Box/
https://www.instructables.com/id/Custom-Fiberglass-Subwoofer/

These are not my images, just a quick google search for a visual of what i'm talking about.
Back Seat 2.jpg
BackSeat.jpg

Last edited:

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red