Sponsored

Bullitt owners in Australia- front strut tower brace.

OP
OP

Thebozman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Higland Green
I have gone back to the dealership and asked the question of the missing front strut brace and the official Ford Australia response to the dealership was “Unfortunately the Strut Brace was not homologated for export vehicles so our cars did not come with this feature.” I wonder what else was not “homolagated. I will follow up with Ford Australia to see what they have to say.As for insurance,issues,yes it is a modification from original and the insurance company would need to be notified and see if they accept it,if not there is alternative insurers. The point here is that I wanted to buy an iconic car that would not need any modifications mechanically. The only thing that I planned to do s add a rear spoiler (the PP2 I’m chasing now) some bonnet struts and some form of paint protection be it ceramic or expel. Apart from all this it will remain stock. And I will be very happy with this result.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Thebozman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Higland Green
To DRU842, there may be some merit in what you say, as it may have to do with our ADR’s (Australian Design Ruled). We will see what Ford Australia has to say.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
That’s odd as I bought the struts from Ford…
I understand that the pedestrian impact system was on the export models only.
Sponsored