Sponsored

V8 Mustang prototype spied (video)....but what is it?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Dyno chart showing that? 18+ cars and even 15-17 cars with 18 manifolds carry power to 7500 nicely. Peak is 7100-7200, with a very shallow fall off.
That claim came straight from a conversation I had with chief engineer Carl Widmann last year when I asked what benefit the Shelby manifold had. *shrug*
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That claim came straight from a conversation I had with chief engineer Carl Widmann last year when I asked what benefit the Shelby manifold had. *shrug*
I'm aware of what they say. I'm also aware of what engine development engineers who worked on that engine say, and what dyno results prove correct. Not taking away from the Bullitt, awesome car (and gosh I love that green), but the power aspect is a marketing whizbang, not a real advantage.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Normally Aspirated 5.2 CPC w/dual injection (Port & DFI).
That would be cool......although the "Aluminator" version of that engine is PI only, if I recall correctly.

Still waitin' on the next spy photos :please::camera::please:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
A GT350, Bullitt and PP2 is luxury compared to what a Boss 302 was/should be. The Boss 302 is a stripper model with the bare bones interior in order to allocate those funds into performance.

I did not include coolers because oil and transmission coolers require unique front bumpers and fenders. After reviewing the rolling footage of this mysterious new package. It has wider front fenders, turn signals placed higher on the bumper and camo where the intakes for cooler air channels would be . After taking this into consideration I have made some changes to what I think a 2021 Boss 302 would look like.

Revised 2021 Boss 302

Pricing
A 300A GT starts at 34,950.
A 300A GT PP1 starts at 38,945.
A 301A GT PP2 starts at 43,450. (PP2 requires 301A, a $2,000 package, which would not come on a base Boss 302)
A base Boss 302 could start at 46,140. (MY2012 Boss 302 MSRP adjusted for 2019 is ~47,650.)
A 900A GT350 starts at 59,140.

Power and Handling
  • Gen 3 5.0 (302) V8 with GT350 Intake Manifold, Throttle Body and Air Intake making 480 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque.
Or
  • Gen 3 5.0 (302) V8 with GT350 Cylinder Heads, Camshafts, Intake Manifold, Throttle Body and Air Intake making 500 hp and 425 lb-ft of torque. (This is possible if the Boss 302 will replace the GT350 in 2021)
  • 305/30/R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S High-Performance Summer Tires
  • Brembo Six Piston Front Brake Calipers w/Larger Rotors
  • K-Brace
  • Larger Radiator
  • Strut Tower Brace
  • TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio
  • Unique Springs, Shocks and Sway Bars (2015-2016 Base GT350 Suspension)
  • Unique Chassis, Stability Control, EPAS and ABS Tuning (2015-2016 Base GT350 tuning)
  • Differential Cooler
  • Transmission Cooler
  • Engine Oil Cooler
  • Quad Exhaust with rear and side exit tips
Exterior
  • Unique 19-inch x10.5-inch (F)/19-inch x 11-inch (R) Boss 302 Wheels
  • Unique Boss 302 Front Bumper (to accommodate cooler air channel intakes and brake cooling)
  • Unique Boss 302 hood with larger heat extractors
  • Unique Boss 302 High Performance Front Splitter
  • Unique Boss 302 High Performance Rear Spoiler
  • Unique Boss 302 wide front fenders
  • Unique Boss 302 graphics and decklid
  • Exclusive School Bus Yellow paint option
Interior
  • "Engine Spun" Aluminum Instrument Panel with Chassis # Boss 302 Badge
  • Gauge Pack (Oil Temperature and Oil Pressure)
  • Boss 302 embroidered cloth bucket seats (Base cloth seats)
  • Alcantara Steering Wheel (GT350 steering wheel with Mustang airbag cover)
Packages

Track package - $6,000
  • Boss 302 Cloth Recaros
  • Rear seat delete
  • Adjustable strut mounts
  • MagnaRide dampers
  • 305/30/R19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires

Technology package - $4,000
  • Sync 3
  • Digital Dash
  • Active Exhaust (Exhaust valves at side exit and rear exit tips)
Yep, I could get behind this. I'd like if the tech and track packages were a bit less, but the pricing makes sense.

Also, make those cloth recaros alcantara instead, and offer them in different colors. If they can't do different colors, just give me the standard GT recaros

But if it isn't making 500hp, I don't think a base price higher than the PP2 is justified at all

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with most of the above configuration options, make the boss kinda like how Chevy did the 2015 Camaro Z/28 and also just not offer a technology package. Maybe just have the sync 3 display as standard without any other extra technology options to add.

Tremec would be ideal or worst case if they want to use the MT-82, then go back and use the 15-17 MT-82 with an upgraded single. It would be nice to have suspension similar to the combo that @BmacIL recommended to me a while back: FRPP dampers with springs that have similar rates to the BMR handling springs.

Bare bone version minus the 5.2 Voodoo with all the track necessities and maybe the return of the road runner with updates to push the power to 500hp and 8K redline (while carrying the power properly to that rpm as well)? It would make it like a middle ground between the GT350 and GT PP Level 2.

Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Seriously......has this not been spotted again yet? I'm anxious to see more!!! Do I need to get on a plane and camp out on the streets of Dearborn for a week? :bandit::camera:
Spotted Prototype.jpg

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Seriously......has this not been spotted again yet? I'm anxious to see more!!! Do I need to get on a plane and camp out on the streets of Dearborn for a week? :bandit::camera:
Spotted Prototype.jpg
The spy photographer I buy pictures from lives in Detroit and is regularly on the hunt in Dearborn. Hopefully we'll get some pro pics the next time it peeks out.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The spy photographer I buy pictures from lives in Detroit and is regularly on the hunt in Dearborn. Hopefully we'll get some pro pics the next time it peeks out.
Fantastic......tell him we're (or at least I am!) anxious to see it again :like:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Spotted Prototype.jpg
Maybe it’s only out at night.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If this is the spot for future vehicle wish lists then I'll put mine here.

Boss 302:
  1. 5.0 gen 3 with unique cams and intake manifold, 485/420 rated with power extending all the way to 7,500(trying to stay realistic)
  2. manual only, Tremec 3160 would be nice but MT-82 D4 with 4.09 gears would be ok too. Unique shifter
  3. non-magneride, high-performance suspension(keep costs down)
  4. Unique brakes based off PP1 Brembos with two-piece rotors and 4-piston calipers out back to match
  5. PP2-esque wheels, PS4 tires for base model and PSC2 for track upgrade option
  6. Upgraded engine and driveline cooling
  7. Base interior with unique Recaro seats, rear seat delete option
  8. Track data logging(laptimes, speeds, g-force, etc)
  9. Tame graphics with grabber paint options
  10. $44k base, $47.5k track upgrade option
Mach 1:
  1. 5.0 gen 3 with unique cams and intake manifold tuned for torque production, rated at 475/450
  2. Manual or auto
  3. Premium interior with unique accents
  4. upgraded driveline components for strength(DS and axle shafts)
  5. PP1 upgrades
  6. unique wheels/tires
  7. very tame graphics
  8. $48k

Sponsored
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I've got to hand it to whoever designed this camo........it's brilliant, 'cos no-one has seen it since :giggle:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
That wing tho. :sunglasses:
Sorry....couldn't get through all 9 pages. Got through the first four. The car definitely has manufacturer plates so it isn't anybody's garage shop project. Doesn't have to be Ford though. Could just as easily be Roush or Saleen. There are funny stories going around town about how Rivian put Ford, Chevy, and Ram bodies on their EV chassis and drove them around with M-plates. Everybody was scrambling to report they had seen prototypes of Ford, Chevy or Ram electric trucks. It was Rivian (whom most people had not yet heard of) all that time. Would have fooled me too.
Spotted Prototype.jpg
Mystery solved?

I'm gonna double-down on my thoughts that this was a Roush property. Here's the just released 775hp Jack Roush Edition. Notice that in some of the pictures it has M plates, so Roush is definitely a company that qualifies for manufacturer plates in Michigan. Also notice that on the white vehicle (M plate, but with a different number than the released cars) the parts that are camouflaged are the parts that are most different on the Roush. The wing and the fenders where the vents are cut.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/...oush-edition-first-drive-review-photos-specs/

04-2020-jack-roush-edition-mustang.jpg
2020-jack-roush-edition-mustang-03.jpg

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Spooky! I just double checked to see if the M-plates matched! Your words were ringing in my ears......so you could well be right :)

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I met a Guy at a car show once, he puts bits on his cars and then wraps them with "camo" wrap over the bits. He does this for the attention and it works, since he started doing this he says his cars get followed and photographed all the time by people thinking they are prototypes. Would be hilarious if this was just someone like that or even the manufacturer trolling us.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I met a Guy at a car show once, he puts bits on his cars and then wraps them with "camo" wrap over the bits. He does this for the attention and it works, since he started doing this he says his cars get followed and photographed all the time by people thinking they are prototypes. Would be hilarious if this was just someone like that or even the manufacturer trolling us.
This one has an "M" (Manufacturer) 'plate though, so it's genuine prototype. Whether the manufacturer is just trolling us.....well, I guess we'll never know lol :like:
Sponsored