Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I've officially stopped my search for a 350; yeah I know... i've heard all the arguments about this being an isolated problem and it's under warranty but I don't have the time or energy to go through this process (dealing with my local Ford dealership, oil consumption tests, etc) if I roll the dice and get snake eyes. I am in no hurry; at this point I am going to sit back and see what type of results we get from the 2019-2020 models... will Ford actually do something to improve the reliability percentages and some of the oil consumption issues? Will they ever address the issue publicly and at least tell us what they are finding when they take these engines back and examine them? I see guys on here with 2018's consuming oil and getting new engines... that's 3 years into the production of these vehicles.. ..is it simply a quality control problem with parts, labor?.... they are supposedly hand building these engines. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a GREAT car, but it's a complicated marriage when you buy one to say the least.
It's a track focused car.. I really wish Ford would have made a street version of this car (tech pkg doesn't count) for those that just want to canyon carve, cruise etc.. maybe that means producing one with a different engine that doesn't require the coolers. I love the looks, design, handling over the regular GT. so the PP2 is out for me. I know the Voodoo is special, but it does come with some baggage.
All cars come with baggage. The so-called “baggage” the GT350 has regarding its engine is way over the blown. You’ll be missing out.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Just did long trip of 800 miles and ran the piss out of it, and new motor is not using any oil. Total new engine mileage is almost 4k

Reactions: TDC

99superduty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350, 2018 GT350 J2561
Can't fault a guy for assessing the risk of spending $60k (ish) on getting a headache to deal with. Everyone's threshold is different....

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Just did long trip of 800 miles and ran the piss out of it, and new motor is not using any oil. Total new engine mileage is almost 4k
4K MILES ALREADY?! Man! Drive that thing! ;-)

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
On a side note, using sport mode in the rain can be quite interesting when you floor it to pass somebody and the back end gets wiggly. But it’s fun and I just kept on the gas. Hats off to my MSC instructor and race instructor from long ago who told me when in doubt, don’t lift.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So glad to hear that! therein lies the rub... if this "new" engine is bullet proof and you end up not burning any oil.. then what is the common denominator for the problems? Why can't Ford be honest about it and tell us what the difference is between the old engine that used oil or blew up and the new one?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
3 of 21 drivers at this weeks gt350 track attack had motors replaced...
I’d argue that’s no more fundamental than any other discussion on this topic. For example, my full class back in September and oil consumption and replaced engines never came up!

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Those were 2018s? Too late for 2017 owners to be at track attack.
Mine is a 2017, other 2 were 18s I think. It goes by sale date not model year.

I’d argue that’s no more fundamental than any other discussion on this topic. For example, my full class back in September and oil consumption and replaced engines never came up!
Just providing data, but to constantly ignore data points is not smart.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well I am about to go to war with Ford now...because the dealership had my car for two weeks without doing anything, then calls me this morning and says "you have headers, that cause the engine to blow." WTF ? He said there is a hole in the side of the block. Um....really ? So headers caused that...ok. I cannot seriously believe they are trying to pull this after all the business I have done there.

THE MAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Wow, thinking about selling mine now. Haven't been driving it much because of this.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Wow, thinking about selling mine now. Haven't been driving it much because of this.
Hurry up. It might even blow up in your garage. Good luck selling it. No one’s going to buy a car with an engine that’s about to detonate.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Hurry up. It might even blow up in your garage. Good luck selling it. No one’s going to buy a car with an engine that’s about to detonate.
Hahahahahahahahaha!!

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150

Omg, put 400 miles on mine today still didn’t blow up.

Formula for success seems simple, make sure it has oil and you probably won’t blow it up...

‍♂