Sponsored

For those that want alcantara Shift/Ebrake boots & Console covers.

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
I was Soo disappointed with the Shitech alcantara kit, The material was very thin and poor quality. I got the shift boot on fine but when I went to do the emergency brake it was a joke. I tried to apply the boot 3 times finally ripping the stitching trying to get the handle seated down. I called and emailed multiple times and finally got a email response 2 weeks later that if I sent them pics they would send me a new one. I sent them pics and they sent me another stating that I would need to steam it in order to get it to fit! I used my clothes steamer for hours trying to get it to fit to no avail. What a joke, I wasted 2 weekends on that piece before realizing that whos grandma who made these pieces ( Per there ad ) cant measure for shite! To make sure I was not just doing a poor job I called a family friend who does upholstery for a living over and he came over to look at it and came to the same conclusion, it doesn't fit without pulling the boot up. ( he does professional restorations for large dollar interior car restorations ) I emailed and called requesting a refund and never received a response from them. I took the shifter boot off and am ordering a set from Redline. What a joke steam it to make it fit, Really are you kidding me. How about you measure it right and it will fit. Do yourselves a favor and avoid this kit at all costs. Lesson learned on this one you get what you pay for, Avoid Shitech at all costs!
Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I was Soo disappointed with the Shitech alcantara kit, The material was very thin and poor quality. I got the shift boot on fine but when I went to do the emergency brake it was a joke. I tried to apply the boot 3 times finally ripping the stitching trying to get the handle seated down. I called and emailed multiple times and finally got a email response 2 weeks later that if I sent them pics they would send me a new one. I sent them pics and they sent me another stating that I would need to steam it in order to get it to fit! I used my clothes steamer for hours trying to get it to fit to no avail. What a joke, I wasted 2 weekends on that piece before realizing that whos grandma who made these pieces ( Per there ad ) cant measure for shite! To make sure I was not just doing a poor job I called a family friend who does upholstery for a living over and he came over to look at it and came to the same conclusion, it doesn't fit without pulling the boot up. ( he does professional restorations for large dollar interior car restorations ) I emailed and called requesting a refund and never received a response from them. I took the shifter boot off and am ordering a set from Redline. What a joke steam it to make it fit, Really are you kidding me. How about you measure it right and it will fit. Do yourselves a favor and avoid this kit at all costs. Lesson learned on this one you get what you pay for, Avoid Shitech at all costs!
The emergency brake boot is the most difficult part to install, but I agree with everything you said. When I installed my Redline kit, I found that if I first attached the front and the back, the sides were much more easily managed. Best of luck!

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
i received the redline stuff this week in the mail. Haven't installed yet but what I can tell you is that its GREAT quality. stitching is a perfect match, feel the alcanatara awesome and its nice and thick. meets or exceeds OEM quality easily.

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
i received the redline stuff this week in the mail. Haven't installed yet but what I can tell you is that its GREAT quality. stitching is a perfect match, feel the alcanatara awesome and its nice and thick. meets or exceeds OEM quality easily.
Do you have an R? What colors did you pick for the boot?

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone want my Redline samples? By the time I got them I had already used a local shop instead so didn't need them.

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Do they still sell these? I can't access the website, and LMR doesn't have it listed anymore.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Do they still sell these? I can't access the website, and LMR doesn't have it listed anymore.
you have to go to redline website directly.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
they only have leather that I can see but shifteck now sells Alcantara boot kits.
You have to select the parts you want by clicking the little cart symbol. Then scroll down to where it says “select colors and checkout” go through the drop down menu and they’re towards the bottom

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
You have to select the parts you want by clicking the little cart symbol. Then scroll down to where it says “select colors and checkout” go through the drop down menu and they’re towards the bottom
Ohh ok, damn thats expensive for the set. I might just try Shifteck's kit. It will match my car pretty good i think.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I do have an R. Went with red stitch and dark charcoal.
Thanks for the information. Just ordered mine in the same colors. They are having a Labor Day sale, so got a little cheaper :)

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Thanks for the information. Just ordered mine in the same colors. They are having a Labor Day sale, so got a little cheaper :)
Hope it turns out good!