Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
when I found out we were having a second kid, i was debating on getting rid of my mustang for a decent amount of time. turns out the seats fit back there just fine, and surprisingly enough there's actually more room up front for me and the wife then there is in our jeep wrangler. not that i'd do it often, but its nice to at least have the option if our other vehicle is ever in the shop

on topic of the video, i like Civics and my last car was a 16 civic touring edition. that type r is just hideous, it takes all of the elegance from the new civic and ruins it with a bunch of plastic shit that looks like someone ordered off of ali express after marathoning the fast and the furious all weekend. looks fun to drive though
I am in no way picking on the civic with a Mustang bias, just stating the pony car is way more practical than they make it out to be. The design aesthetics aside the civic is just a civic with more power and window dressings. They over did the body kit and should have edited better.
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I will be waiting to see the Type R compared to the Hi-PO 2.3 liter Ecoboost. Now , that would be an interesting comparison.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I will be waiting to see the Type R compared to the Hi-PO 2.3 liter Ecoboost. Now , that would be an interesting comparison.
And would make a ton more sense.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Picking the Bullitt is unflattering to the Mustang cost-wise in a head to head. You can get almost all that performance in a GT. I paid close to $30k for mine, way less than the Type R! Leaves a lot of jingle left over for mods.

You can't get a cheaper Type R and the Si isn't even close to an Ecoboost.

Sponsored

pouyamad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT - Honda Civic Type R FN2
Fun video :clap:
I really understand both of them !
I actually own an old Type R '07, 12 years old, 2.0 N/A, 200 hp, revs to 8600 rpm : very fun to drive and track with a few simple tweaks (suspension and brake essentially)
I've driven my Mustang GT for 6 months and still love my Type R every time !
Before even thinking seriously about buying the Mustang, I test drove the lastest Type R featured on that video : felt like a very efficient car, engine and chassis; but lacked some fun, even compared to my old stiffened Civic
Engine and exhaust noise was very (too) shy, not adequate with all those exterior aesthetic... "things"
Or maybe I was just tired of Civics ?
Now I reeeeeeaaaaaaally love my Mustang : it's a beast, it roars, it takes off, it's a RWD... so much fun
Simply 2 different definitions of car fun. Each in its own league
I guess this is what's fun about all that :rockon:

Last edited:

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Fun video :clap:
I really understand both of them !
I actually own an old Type R '07, 12 years old, 2.0 N/A, 200 hp, revs to 8600 rpm : very fun to drive and track with a few simple tweaks (suspension and brake essentially)
I've driven my Mustang GT for 6 months and still love my Type R every time !
Before even thinking seriously about buying the Mustang, I test drove the lastest Type R featured on that video : felt like a very efficient car, engine and chassis; but lacked some fun, even compared to my old stiffened Civic
Engine and exhaust noise was very (too) shy, not adequate with all those exterior aesthetic... "things"
Or maybe I was just tired of Civics ?
Now I reeeeeeaaaaaaally love my Mustang : it's a beast, it roars, it takes off, it's a RWD... so much fun
Simply 2 different definitions of car fun. Each in its own league
I guess this is what's fun about all that :rockon:

Your type R is absolutely stunning. The new one is too old school battle star galactica silon looking. And it is two door!! I hate these 4 door only cars like GTIs. GTI should be two door only - they have forgotten their roots.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
That is a fun looking ride. Very go-kart esque

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The presenters are good in general and I liked the intro. I enjoyed most of the video, but at the end I felt they were gutless for not picking a favorite. I felt a little empty inside. I didn't give their video a thumbs down on YouTube, but I definitely wouldn't give it a thumbs up.

Reactions: A7X

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't the Acura NSX fit the bill?
No, the NSX is a high end car, much pricier. I believe the older one even predated S2000 production.

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Unlikely comparison, but still an enjoyable watch and nice respect paid to two impressive vehicles.

Price:
Mustang Bullitt - $46,595
Civic Type R - $35,700

Specs - Bullitt / Type R
480 hp / 306 hp
420 lb-ft / 295 lb-ft
5.0 L V8 / 2.0 L 4-cylinder
15 city and 24 highway / 22 city and 28 highway
3,705 lbs / 3,117 lbs

James and Thomas take the new 2019 Honda Civic Type R and pit it against the Special Edition Ford Mustang Bullitt. With massive followings from both sides of the muscle/tuner spectrum, the boys explore the cars driving dynamics and what they are like to live with every day. Why do they have such huge followings? Is it deserved? Exterior and interior styling comparisons help figure out which one takes it in the looks department, and the back roads do the rest. Watch to see the outcome.

I was seriously considering the Type-R, but there weren't any near by for me to test drive. And I'm getting 29 mpg on the highway in my stock GT.

Reactions: A7X

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Did you put bicycle tires on it?
Didn’t have to do that...
But he did “grow hair on his chest while pooping his pants at the same time”
Nough said on that comparison

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Oops...Sorry to offend anyone here who shaves their chest...
Or has bowel issues...
Sponsored