Roush Cold Air Intake Installed

Dmesser92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I ordered a Roush Cold Air Intake from Late Model Restoration last week since they’ve had some solid Spring sales. I installed it on Saturday and have been happy with it so far. The installation was a breeze and it looks great in the engine bay. The components feel solid and everything fit like it was OEM. It’s a subtle change but it has a much deeper growl under acceleration. I don’t know if there has been any real increase in power but gas mileage hasn’t dropped either. Which is a surprise considering how much harder it’s been driven since the install! My only complaints are the CAI didn’t come with instructions. I had to print my own off from the Roush website. The other complaint is most of the pictures show the Roush logo embossed on the air box. Mine does not have the logo. Minor complaints but overall I would recommend the Roush CAI to anyone looking for one!
C397F4B6-4D63-4058-984D-A3EC58BAED2A.jpeg
Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
There should be a set of stickers that come with it. You put the sticker on then peel the other plastic part off.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good, but just as the logo is on their exhaust tips, so should it be on the air box.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good, but just as the logo is on their exhaust tips, so should it be on the air box.
Used to be, mine is one their as part of the mold. Must have cheaped out on it when they increased their price on the intake :/

Sponsored

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a Roush Cold Air Intake from Late Model Restoration last week since they’ve had some solid Spring sales. I installed it on Saturday and have been happy with it so far. The installation was a breeze and it looks great in the engine bay. The components feel solid and everything fit like it was OEM. It’s a subtle change but it has a much deeper growl under acceleration. I don’t know if there has been any real increase in power but gas mileage hasn’t dropped either. Which is a surprise considering how much harder it’s been driven since the install! My only complaints are the CAI didn’t come with instructions. I had to print my own off from the Roush website. The other complaint is most of the pictures show the Roush logo embossed on the air box. Mine does not have the logo. Minor complaints but overall I would recommend the Roush CAI to anyone looking for one!
C397F4B6-4D63-4058-984D-A3EC58BAED2A.jpeg
#1 I got my s550 in the last 7 months, so i guess i've had the cai for about 5 1/2 months? Mine came with a roush decal/sticker that is supposed to go on the cai.
#2 I noticed about an average of +2 mpg when my car was still stock tuned. after installing the cai with the axle backs B)

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
#1 I got my s550 in the last 7 months, so i guess i've had the cai for about 5 1/2 months? Mine came with a roush decal/sticker that is supposed to go on the cai.
#2 I noticed about an average of +2 mpg when my car was still stock tuned. after installing the cai with the axle backs B)
I had the Roush Stage one with tune installed before I picked up the car. Now have 1450 miles on it. I am averaging 20-24 MPG around town and on the road. I am pretty docile with not a lot of WOT.........one or two to 6500 in 2-3 gear. Impressive for an engine with this much power.

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Roush Stage one with tune installed before I picked up the car. Now have 1450 miles on it. I am averaging 20-24 MPG around town and on the road. I am pretty docile with not a lot of WOT.........one or two to 6500 in 2-3 gear. Impressive for an engine with this much power.
So you had the roushified EB? I should probably get about that average if i lived farther from work, i now live with in a 2-3 minute drive from my job, so now my mpg is hitting the 16's lmao, i know for sure i get around 33.5mpg doin 70 on cruise control. Dunno if you've seen but since ford plans to cut focus production the EB's are going to the RS factories and will now be making apparently 330HP crank on 93octane stock starting with the 2020 line up

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Dunno if you've seen but since ford plans to cut focus production the EB's are going to the RS factories and will now be making apparently 330HP crank on 93octane stock starting with the 2020 line up
Worth clarifying here that only applies to the High Performance ones, there are still going to be versions with the regular 2.3 the same as the 18-19 Ecoboost for now.

Sponsored

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Worth clarifying here that only applies to the High Performance ones, there are still going to be versions with the regular 2.3 the same as the 18-19 Ecoboost for now.
Oh FR? I guess i missed that, which package specifically do you know?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Oh FR? I guess i missed that, which package specifically do you know?
It's an option package on the base or Premium Eco, replaces the Performance Pack.

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's an option package on the base or Premium Eco, replaces the Performance Pack.
So itll be like a RS/Performance+ package? honestly think thats kinda dumb, they kill off the 6s then start bringing in different numbered EBs

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So itll be like a RS/Performance+ package? honestly think thats kinda dumb, they kill off the 6s then start bringing in different numbered EBs
Something like that, could be the long term plan to phase out the base 2.3, who knows.
Sponsored