Sponsored

Active Exhaust sounds like crap.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Makes a difference in every mode which won't help since Track Mode will still be the best sounding.
Have any sound clips of your car to post?
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Problem with track mode (combined with an H pipe) is you can hear it for miles when revving over 5K. I don't want to be sonically bombing the whole town.
Oh come on ....5k through town...they’ll love it

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
This is an interesting posting and should I not owned the Dodge Hellcats I would agree somewhat with the OP. When I am in the car the exhaust does not sound as exhilarating as did my Hellcats. And when I put her in sport mode you can tell a little difference inside the interior. Interestingly when I do a remote start while walking up to her she sounds every bit as loud as my former Hellcats. And I have friends who have followed me while in Sport mode and claim she is gnarly. Thus for me I feel Ford has done a better job on interior noise deadening then Dodge did with the Hellcats. So summing it up the active exhaust imo is every bit as noisy loud as my Hellcats which is plenty for me. And for anyone who has owned including me the loud interior exhaust noise truly gets old after an hour.
You can't expect a 5.0L to sound like a bigger Hellcat engine. The exhaust can only do so much. All engines have a unique, appreciable sound with the correct exhaust but a Chevy, Ford or Mopar will all sound different. I like them all.

OP
OP
nmarz77

nmarz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Is this fluttering everyone is talking about that bit of vibration you hear coming from the back with some moderate throttle? I have been thinking it was an exhaust rattle.
Yes sir...it is most noticable at partial throttle.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my exhaust. Debating an H pipe, or either the Ford Performance or Borla X pipes. I loved the deep burbble sound my old Mach1 had with a catted x-pipe and borla stingers when at idle, but it seems that a smiliar sound is nearly impossible on the new 5.0's. I'm actually surprised now high the exhaust note is compaired to the 4.6.

Sponsored

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had a 2016 with the Corsa Xtreme, and I've been in several 15-17s with the Sport catback. I can tell you my 2019 with the Corsa X pipe and stock active mufflers is closer in volume in track mode to my old Xtreme system than it is to the Sport. It is definitely healthy sounding, I love it. Even better that I can flick it into quiet mode when needed.
Thanks for the info! How about prior to installing the Corsa X pipe? I assume the Corsa X pipe added a lot of volume to the stock active exhaust so I'm curious about a direct comparison between stock active exhaust in track mode vs 15-17 GT's with Corsa Sport catbacks. Thanks.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Thanks for the info! How about prior to installing the Corsa X pipe? I assume the Corsa X pipe added a lot of volume to the stock active exhaust so I'm curious about a direct comparison between stock active exhaust in track mode vs 15-17 GT's with Corsa Sport catbacks. Thanks.
Can't really remember, the x pipe went on after only a week lol. If I had to guess I'd say it was quieter than Corsa Sport, but I do remember that it did sound great even in stock form.

Lightning Struck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue PP2
I like the fact that even with a H-pipe, quiet is still quiet. I predominately drive in sport mode, as I find it sounds better than track mode. Track mode seems to have a bit more rasp, and "burbling and popping" on decel than sport mode. Prior to the h-pipe I found myself always in track mode.

thedalejrfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT K3985
I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my exhaust. Debating an H pipe, or either the Ford Performance or Borla X pipes. I loved the deep burbble sound my old Mach1 had with a catted x-pipe and borla stingers when at idle, but it seems that a smiliar sound is nearly impossible on the new 5.0's. I'm actually surprised now high the exhaust note is compaired to the 4.6.
Try the new Borla X-pipe, you'll love it!

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Anyone else's Active Exhaust sound like shit in Normal mode? Mine make the car sound like it has an exhaust leak when in Normal mode and I can even hear it in Sport mode slightly. I have to put it into Track mode for it to sound good.
Thanks a lot, guys. Now I hear it on my Bullitt. All modes. Sounds like an exhaust leak or maybe something is loose. Trying to ignore it for now, lol.

OP
OP
nmarz77

nmarz77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thanks a lot, guys. Now I hear it on my Bullitt. All modes. Sounds like an exhaust leak or maybe something is loose. Trying to ignore it for now, lol.
Sorry man lol I still need to look at mine more closely but I did a cold start standing behind the car while at work and heard a rattling from the right side. I have a feeling something with the active valve is loose but I need to poke around in there a little more to confirm.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Sorry man lol I still need to look at mine more closely but I did a cold start standing behind the car while at work and heard a rattling from the right side. I have a feeling something with the active valve is loose but I need to poke around in there a little more to confirm.
Looking forward to hearing what you find.

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
Interestingly when I do a remote start while walking up to her she sounds every bit as loud as my former Hellcats.
I just installed an H-pipe and the cold starts (even with Quiet Mode enabled) are crazy loud.

It's much more reasonable once it's warmed up.
Sponsored