Sponsored

Seriously, How many tick/rattle engines in the last 2 months?

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The one video has 2 ticks... one is valve chatter which is common on the GT350s and consistent, but there's another ticking that's inconsistent and sounds just like the typewriter tick. The owner of the car even says it's inconsistent
Here is what we DON'T know,how much gold is in Ft Knox
What goes in to make coke that we all drink
What happened to flight MH370
What makes the noise TICKING,RATTLE,BUBBLES in Fords 2018/19 Coyote engines.
We can debate this forever but like all of the above, there is NO answer,only Ford knows,and it's a BIG SECRET just like the above statements.
What we do know is, the NEW Coyote engine has some serious problems.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
We can debate this forever but like all of the above, there is NO answer,only Ford knows,and it's a BIG SECRET just like the above statements.
What we do know is, the NEW Coyote engine has some serious problems.
Except it's not a secret, and it's not a problem. Ford came out and said that

Also, it's not JUST the "new" coyote, it's every coyote ever made

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
The one video has 2 ticks... one is valve chatter which is common on the GT350s and consistent, but there's another ticking that's inconsistent and sounds just like the typewriter tick. The owner of the car even says it's inconsistent
Couldn't hear anything like the 5.0 tick in my headphones. I heard some valve chatter and a clear consistent tick.

Stokely77x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ashley
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Except it's not a secret, and it's not a problem. Ford came out and said that

Also, it's not JUST the "new" coyote, it's every coyote ever made
I agree... took mine to the dealer yesterday for this issue and they said the following. "Basically until it throws a CEL we cant do anything for you". They also gave me the following paperwork... oh well. I'll just keep on driving it and enjoying it.
20190501_114228.jpg
20190501_114353.jpg

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Couldn't hear anything like the 5.0 tick in my headphones. I heard some valve chatter and a clear consistent tick.
It does sound somewhat consistent in that video, but you can hear it skipping a beat every now and then and changing in pitch just like the Coyote tick does. I'd say if the owner says it's intermittent, then it's probably intermittent. It stills sounds identical to my Coyote

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
It does sound somewhat consistent in that video, but you can hear it skipping a beat every now and then and changing in pitch just like the Coyote tick does. I'd say if the owner says it's intermittent, then it's probably intermittent. It stills sounds identical to my Coyote
There is a possibility that there are different causes. I started having a tick as well, but it sounds far more consistent then any bad ticker videos I have seen on youtube. While mine may skip a beat every once in a while, it is fairly consistent like the GT350 video. Mine developed 500 miles after the first oil change, and I also added 1/2 bottle of ceratec at oil change. I think Ford needs to explain what causes this phenomenon, because I am not convinced all ticks are the same. For example, the DIG fuel system has its own tick.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
There is a possibility that there are different causes. I started having a tick as well, but it sounds far more consistent then any bad ticker videos I have seen on youtube. While mine may skip a beat every once in a while, it is fairly consistent like the GT350 video. Mine developed 500 miles after the first oil change, and I also added 1/2 bottle of ceratec at oil change. I think Ford needs to explain what causes this phenomenon, because I am not convinced all ticks are the same. For example, the DIG fuel system has its own tick.
My tick comes and goes, and sometimes is consistent but sometimes intermittent. The other day after I got my oil changed, it was really consistent. But the other day when I went for a drive, it was maybe a tap every 2 seconds or so

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
My tick comes and goes, and sometimes is consistent but sometimes intermittent. The other day after I got my oil changed, it was really consistent. But the other day when I went for a drive, it was maybe a tap every 2 seconds or so
Mine is pretty consistent when warm. I can't usually hear it when the engine is cold. I have a nice loud rattle with a cold engine instead. I stopped caring much about the rattle. It's just the Coyote's way of reminding me she is still a Ford. LoL

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I agree... took mine to the dealer yesterday for this issue and they said the following. "Basically until it throws a CEL we cant do anything for you". They also gave me the following paperwork... oh well. I'll just keep on driving it and enjoying it.
20190501_114228.jpg
20190501_114353.jpg
The 2018/19 is a different set of problems,it doesn't take a lot of reading to see the MAJOR problems and engine failures,and if you believe that BS that Ford is telling you !!!!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The 2018/19 is a different set of problems,it doesn't take a lot of reading to see the MAJOR problems and engine failures,and if you believe that BS that Ford is telling you !!!!
Still waiting to hear these "major problems"...

Once again, it's always the non-owners who talk the most about them

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am feeling left out, Billy No Mates. My 2018 GT has no tick or rattle. Fingers crossed for the chirping noise.

I hate engines without any character.
Ahh man, sorry to hear that! Maybe one day you'll join us in the ticking brigade!