OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
And let me make it very clear what is and is not covered in Warranty OR Lemon Claims, see below.

Per the BBBAutoline regarding Ford Motor Company and Lemon claims:
CLAIMS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE

The following claims are not eligible for arbitration in BBB AUTO LINE:

♦ Claims involving a vehicle no longer owned or leased by the customer.

♦ Claims not covered by the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty, including but not limited to:
(1) maintenance and wear items not covered by the Warranty;

(2) damage caused by alterations or modifications of the vehicle after it leaves the control of Ford Motor Co.;

(3) damage caused by tampering with the vehicle, its emissions systems, or other parts that affect these systems; and

(4) damage caused by the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Co. part or of any part designed for “off-road” use installed after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Co.

♦ Claims involving vehicles with a non-U.S. warranty, or salvaged, “total loss” or similarly branded titled vehicles.

♦ Claims alleging that an airbag failed to deploy or deployed when it should not have.

♦ Claims covered by insurance or by warranties of other manufacturers.

♦ Claims involving a vehicle defect if the customer alleges – either as part of the BBB AUTO LINE claim or at any other time – that the vehicle defect has (1) caused bodily injury, or (2) caused an accident or fire that resulted in damage to any vehicle or damage to property.

♦ Allegations of fraud.

♦ Claims seeking punitive damages or compensation for loss of wages, personal injury
or mental anguish.

♦ Claims that are the subject of a law suit or state administrative action against Ford.

♦ Claims identical to any claim that was resolved by a previous mediation or arbitration, court action, settlement, or agreement between the customer and Ford.
———————

The attached are per Ford, regarding what is not covered by the Ford New Vehicle Warranty:
8D3E6F54-429D-4F2F-93E7-FE71FFA18623.jpeg
F7E66FA6-9C66-4677-B41B-382C9E502AEA.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
@TGGT Just wondering why you removed your vin form post #278

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Let’s get our fact straight instead of making assumptions. I was the only owner of my car. It made noise documented by the dealer before I moded it. At the time of the short block replacement. My service writer and friend knew the history of the car and simply told me to drop it off stock. The only reason for my buy back was the car being out of service for over 45 days. Rav did not ask about modifications and I didn’t offer to tell them. Sorry if a consumer receiving fair compensation hurt people’s feelings
So not only you are dishonest, but so are your friends (at least one anyway). It amazes me how people can rationalize something they do that is wrong is ok if no one finds out, however if someone did it to them they would be screaming for punishment. I read that fraud in the US is unknown but yearly it costs (someone) 20 billion a year which is probably on the conservative side.

I'm sorry that your car was a bust and no one here other than you will know if the mods possibly contributed or not, but to actually think how you went through the process ethically is just wrong. At the very least you should be ashamed, at most you should do something about it.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Figured I'll post my last update in this thread since my buy back has now been finalized.

2018 Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2
VIN: 1FA6P8CF1J5146938
Mileage 7,287

Bought back by Ford due to the high rpm clutch grind and 2k rpm engine rattle. Neither one of these problems was fixed at the time I surrendered the car back to Ford. Original long block was replaced due to internal damage but the replacement long block also rattled. If this piece of shit ends up on a lot for sale, hopefully any potential buyers will google the VIN, find this thread and save themselves a ton of time and nerves.

Huge thanks to @Cobra Jet for all the information and guidance he provided before and during the buy back process!
My lemon finally showed up on the internet. The Carfax is mostly accurate. It's only missing the engine replacement lol. Looks like Ford dumped it themselves at an auction.

https://www.orleansford.net/used/Ford/2018-Ford-Mustang-367483d60a0e0a17425a2636b8b611da.htm

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=FRD_2&vin=1FA6P8CF1J5146938

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s another to add to the list (I’m in a 2018 now):
2016 EB Premium w/PP
6R80
Ceramic Leather

VIN:
1FA6P8TH6G5263750

The car was reacquired by Ford on 02/10/18; it’s no longer in NJ, I was told it was being picked up by Ford and no one knows where it’s going (per Dealer).

It also has EXTENSIVE OASIS, Warranty repair and Ford RAV history.

If you are a potential buyer of that vehicle, make sure you understand that if this vehicle is to be sold in any US State that has a Lemon Law or Buy Back Law, the title to the vehicle MUST be branded as such and the selling Dealer MUST make the Buyer aware of the same before purchase!

Good luck - because IMO, the car should be not resold to the public.
Well, my prior 2016 Lemon just showed up at Sneed Ford! That thing traveled quite a bit from NJ - LMAO!
https://www.sneedford.com/used-Gower-2016-Ford-Mustang-EcoBoost+Premium-1FA6P8TH6G5263750

I kept that car MINT - and it still looks great - but Buyer be aware!
6F969172-7F26-4D17-A902-7B4C81DF8CF1.jpeg
31CD548C-0C1D-4DCB-BB09-4D1AA4BBA2D8.jpeg
C03E6F5A-8746-46D9-8F34-6180D27D838F.jpeg
56C19498-484C-4EF1-8B37-2279F79C5B4A.jpeg

Last edited:

anmut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Droptop Premium
Here’s me in my scat pack enjoying my ride instead of obsessing over strange Ford noises

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Never thought I would be on one of these threads, but here I am. Just started the process. Don't want to type the details YET again (my ordeal can be found here if interested: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...my-local-ford-dealership.109929/#post-2527922 ) but I've already put in an order for a ZL1 1LE. Not ready to deal with more of Ford's BS by replacing my car with another 5.0 or GT350 that has a high likelihood of spending a large part of it's life at the dealership being "fixed".

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Never thought I would be on one of these threads, but here I am. Just started the process. Don't want to type the details YET again (my ordeal can be found here if interested: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...my-local-ford-dealership.109929/#post-2527922 ) but I've already put in an order for a ZL1 1LE. Not ready to deal with more of Ford's BS by replacing my car with another 5.0 or GT350 that has a high likelihood of spending a large part of it's life at the dealership being "fixed".
So jealous. The zl1 is a hell of a car. I've been eyeing them for a while now.

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
So jealous. The zl1 is a hell of a car. I've been eyeing them for a while now.
I'm pretty damn excited! Estimated delivery in mid-July! I never thought I would own a Camaro, but the ZL1's performance is just superb (and I really don't mind the looks of it either, where-as I can't say the same for the 19+ Camaros redesign). Also, my Z06 has the same engine (LT4) and I freaking love it (just don't want to use that car as my daily). And what's not to love about an engine that can handle close to 1000rwhp with very little "building"? That said, probably just keeping it stock for quite a while aside from swapping the exhaust (or so they all say....).

Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
VIN #1FA6P8JZ8H5522316 is a Ruby Red 2017 GT350. The first motor broke a valve spring. The replacement motor was bad from the factory. All before 5500 miles. I endured the long RAV process only to get a 2018 GT350 that could not be diagnosed for no cruise control and many drive-ability issues. That turns out to be a transmission. I am now seriously considering calling an attorney as I will not endure another buy back and I seriously question the reliability of these cars.

anmut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Droptop Premium
Buy a 392 or a Hellcat. They don’t look as sexy as a mustang, but they’re fast and fun (and reliable!). Ford is out of their minds building $40k grenademobiles.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VIN #1FA6P8JZ8H5522316 is a Ruby Red 2017 GT350. The first motor broke a valve spring. The replacement motor was bad from the factory. All before 5500 miles. I endured the long RAV process only to get a 2018 GT350 that could not be diagnosed for no cruise control and many drive-ability issues. That turns out to be a transmission. I am now seriously considering calling an attorney as I will not endure another buy back and I seriously question the reliability of these cars.

Are you involved with a Ford CSR or a RAV Rep again with the 2018 GT350?

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Buy a 392 or a Hellcat. They don’t look as sexy as a mustang, but they’re fast and fun (and reliable!). Ford is out of their minds building $40k grenademobiles.
That's exactly what I did after seriously considering getting a 2018 GT350 as a replacement car instead of getting the refund from Ford. 3200 miles in and it has been nothing but good times so far.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
That's exactly what I did after seriously considering getting a 2018 GT350 as a replacement car instead of getting the refund from Ford. 3200 miles in and it has been nothing but good times so far.
I traded my 2016 gt for a scat pack and it's been awesome. But today I saw a gt350 and they just look so amazing. the charger isn't a bad looking car, but it's a sedan. Just can't compare to how awesome GT350s look.
Sponsored